Commanders Should Have Time Limits

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@coglin.1496 said:OP. No one can make you do anything, so tag up if you desire. But I do find it despicable that you think they should change the rules to force others into a time limit because you are not capable of doing what you want, on your own.

this is just what I've observed, happening to others across most maps, whenever there are 2 tags present. I never said I had a problem forming a squad, but this happens too frequently in wvw, and judging by everyone's attitude, it's apparently ok to single out these commanders and bully them unless they conform and do whatever the main commander wants.

@Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

@coglin.1496 said:OP. No one can make you do anything, so tag up if you desire. But I do find it despicable that you think they should change the rules to force others into a time limit because you are not capable of doing what you want, on your own.

this is just what I've observed, happening to others across most maps, whenever there are 2 tags present. I never said I had a problem forming a squad, but this happens too frequently in wvw, and judging by everyone's attitude, it's apparently ok to single out these commanders and bully them unless they conform and do whatever the main commander wants.

lmao you literally cut and paste "oh this is just my observation, i never have a problem, this seems widespread in my flawed opinion, and judging by peoples attitudes" bs post every. single. thread. if you're going to troll try to be creative. You're just becoming dull now.

There is a difference between people who tag up and actually do stuff with other players. And people who tag up and do nothing so they can get an extra pip. These people deserve to be trolled. I will personally call out these people in chat, calling them useless pip farming tags. As I see it, if you are only there to farm rewards and be selfish, don't get upset when people react negatively towards you.

Oh noes peeple's feels be hurtz

Get over it.

If those other tags were actually contributing and doing something useful, there would be no reason for anyone to call them out.

@VaaCrow.3076 said:

lmao you literally cut and paste "oh this is just my observation, i never have a problem, this seems widespread in my flawed opinion, and judging by peoples attitudes" bs post every. single. thread. if you're going to troll try to be creative. You're just becoming dull now.

Oh I get it so things need to happen to me specifically, otherwise the issue does not exist. Apparently empathy dosen't exist. Or the fact that this keeps happening on a regular basis to my friends among other's that I've seen, also must mean, I'm making it up. Some of my said friends whom are my younger cousins (and aren't really old enough to go on or use the forums to articulate an issue) try to form squads and are mercilessly bullied as being a joke tag by the main commanders, whom refuse to tag down and monopolize all maps for hours and when they hop into the map were in, the trolling/bullying ensues and most of the time they end the night in tears. But right I must be a troll...

like I said before, the drama in wvw is real. I have never seen people cry so much in any other game mode than in wvw. I seen toxic or bad attitude players everywhere in all game mode including wvw, but the most drama you can find has to be wvw... I find that people are more sensitive, are more crying baby and not tough enough eg bitten by a mosquito is like bitten by a snake. making a huge drama out of nothing, love to shake and rock a big ship.. it is ridiculous... many of them not open to criticism and not willing to improve .. when new spec and specialization came .. they became insecure cry all day all night instead of adapt to changes and learn to improve and learn the way to counter new build. typical attitude blame the others, blame arena net. this has to be one of the game that I try to distant myself in because of the community in it. When there is a good commander because he is a little salty, the core server players had to come up with a way to get rid of him. so much of a bully going on in the wvw. Those core server people that think they are nice people but they are bunch of a bully.

@VaaCrow.3076 said:

Oh I get it so things need to happen to me specifically, otherwise the issue does not exist. Apparently empathy dosen't exist. Or the fact that this keeps happening on a regular basis to my friends among other's that I've seen, also must mean, I'm making it up. Some of my said friends whom are my younger cousins (and aren't really old enough to go on or use the forums to articulate an issue) try to form squads and are mercilessly bullied as being a joke tag by the main commanders, whom refuse to tag down and monopolize all maps for hours and when they hop into the map were in, the trolling/bullying ensues and most of the time they end the night in tears. But right I must be a troll...

So your 13 year old cousins are terrible commanders? "Too young to communicate on the forums" yet they are trying to lead a group to victory in WvW. How do they communicate with their squad? Mind control? Lmfao

No wonder. You have a child trying to wage war on the enemy.

They shouldn't be on the internet if they can't handle a little trolling. Tell them to grow a thicker skin or go play some Minecraft. Who the hell cries over a game LMFAO

@VaaCrow.3076 said:

Next you'll be saying your baby cousins are having trouble pressing the keys on the keyboard so nerf everyone so that they can only use the jump and movement keys. Its too unfair for an adult to fight against a baby, their brains aren't developed yet :(

LOL

@Sovereign.1093 said:nothing wrong with a little chat moderation.

Moderation is all well and good. Though with Anet not allowing people to delete posts, whatever is up stays up for the most part lol. This person is too much of a joke to not comment on it. I appreciate the laughs nonetheless.

@VaaCrow.3076 said:

If they are crying every night, tell them to play a single player game. There's no one to hurt their poor little feelings there.

How is this game fun for them if they are crying every night? I sure as hell wouldn't play a game that makes me that upset. Are you going to ask Anet to ban anyone over the age of 13 now because being an adult means they have an unfair advantage over a pre teen? Tell your cousins to block people that are making them cry lol. But be careful, block too many people and their chats will be completely silent in WvW xD Good luck commanding if they can't communicate with anyone. I've never heard of a silent zerg before lmao

@VaaCrow.3076 said:

If they are being bullied they need to report that. However, why would their parents let them play a game that they are obviously not mature enough to handle? This is not a safe environment for kids.

Upon further consideration, I support this prosposal, so long as a few addendums are made.

1) It applies to all game modes.
Think about it, PVE has so many maps, we only have the 4 (5 if you count EOTM, but who does?). Which PVE map needs more than 1 tag for longer than an hour really? Dragon Stand? Please! HOT is deader than servers 13-24...or so they say anyway.

2) Mentor Tags are allowed in wvw, but actual tags trump any mentor tag anywhere in game.If a tag-tag appears where a mentor is tagged up in wvw, mentors and their followers are automatically booted to EOTM (or Rata Sum prison if Mentoring in PVE)

3) A Tag-Tag comes with an NC-17 agreement and is limited to a per character basis, but retains the 300 gold price. Those who already own a Tag-Tag, must speak to Commander War Razor to select their one acct toon with tagging privaledges. This choice can not be reset any time outside of a tournament ;)

4) Tagging no longer provides bonus pips, and joining a tag no longer provides squad participation bonunes because:

5) Squad size is reduced to 1 member.

@HazyDaisy.4107 said:Upon further consideration, I support this prosposal, so long as a few addendums are made.

Think about it, PVE has so many maps, we only have the 4 (5 if you count EOTM, but who does?). Which PVE map needs more than 1 tag for longer than an hour really? Dragon Stand? Please! HOT is deader than servers 13-24...or so they say anyway.

2) Mentor Tags are allowed in wvw, but actual tags trump any mentor tag anywhere in game.If a tag-tag appears where a mentor is tagged up in wvw, mentors and their followers are automatically booted to EOTM (or Rata Sum prison if Mentoring in PVE)

3) A Tag-Tag comes with an NC-17 agreement and is limited to a per character basis, but retains the 300 gold price. Those who already own a Tag-Tag, must speak to Commander War Razor to select their one acct toon with tagging privaledges. This choice can not be reset any time outside of a tournament ;)

4) Tagging no longer provides bonus pips, and joining a tag no longer provides squad participation bonunes because:

no

@Haematic.4913 said:

@HazyDaisy.4107 said:Upon further consideration, I support this prosposal, so long as a few addendums are made.

no

What exactly was bad about this proposal? It's fair, balanced across all modes and doesn't promote tag / squad bullying (mainly because there are no longer squads). Plus, it's got a fail safe in the event Tag has chosen an OP roaming character as his / her acct tag, in that it'll get nerfed eventually and by all accounts it'll never be resetable. It's perfect!

@HazyDaisy.4107 said:

@Haematic.4913 said:

no

What exactly was bad about this proposal? It's fair, balanced across all modes and doesn't promote tag / squad bullying (mainly because there are no longer squads). Plus, it's got a fail safe in the event Tag has chosen an OP roaming character as his / her acct tag, in that it'll get nerfed eventually and by all accounts it'll never be resetable. It's perfect!

I'm surprised your trolling got this far.

@Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:I feel that commanders should not be able to tag up for hours upon hours in wvw. Its very unfair to other commanders who would like to tag up on the map. It's even worse when commanders jump maps and upon returning to the original map, demand that whoever tagged up in the interim tag down.

If a commander challenges these commanders who are tagged up forever on this, I've noticed many of the followers of their squad or their guild mates bully whoever was trying to tag up, sometimes mercilessly.

I think commanders should have at a maximum a 1hr tag time followed by a mandatory 1 hr to 30 min tag down time across all wvw maps, so that other commanders get a chance. Other commanders would like to participate and get the extra pips too without being harassed or having all of the commanding monopolized on all maps by one person.

I understand your concern as I have dealt with it before. Requesting a time limit is not going to solve the problem. Just tag up and run a tag no matter what anyone says to you. If anyone gives you a hard time report them for verbal abuse. Stay strong.

Archived