Please tease us some EOD contents

I know it has been a rough path with all the Covid crisis and work from home. However, I would love to see Anet tease some new content from EOD. Anet has been completely silenced about EOD, all we know is some random artwork on wiki and stream. They need to throw some info out there so people can build up the hype. There is nothing wrong to build hype for the new Expansion. At the moment, we do not even know when will EOD is going to be released, there is no roadmap no info about it, and they need to keep in their mind that FFXIV is going to release their new expansion in Summer 2021 and they have a bigger market than Gw2. In the worse scenario, EOD might be delayed further into 2022 and if that happens then it will be a huge bummer because there are not many things interesting anymore.

COME ON ANET GIVE US SOMETHING !!!

@"ugrakarma.9416" said:and if they dont even started?hype = setup yourself for dissapointment.

im very favor of delayed content released with quality than we have again "DRM's", or Kourna again, or ....

Hype is always a key element to boost up sales. Your expectation might not reach but at least they could have a great sale number and that is what Anet needs at the moment

@Frozenize.9603 said:

@"ugrakarma.9416" said:and if they dont even started?hype = setup yourself for dissapointment.

im very favor of delayed content released with quality than we have again "DRM's", or Kourna again, or ....

Hype is always a key element to boost up sales. Your expectation might not reach but at least they could have a great sale number and that is what Anet needs at the moment

but no one knows if they really need, i guess if they need we probably had some fake leaks now, or.... they dont even started to have even material to leak.

Eod is probably not anywhere done. I heard there was a german interview talking about another ls chapters to bridge the gap between ibs and eod.Edit: Before i get infracted for spreading misinformation here is a link to the interview translated using Google translate. I do not speak German so i can not verify the accuracy of the translation.https://iss2xipijtsdoahhsdhp7iy5se-ac5fdsxevxq4s5y-mein-mmo-de.translate.goog/wie-geht-das-mmorpg-guild-wars-2021-weiter/

@Sobx.1758 said:

@Sigmoid.7082 said:When the current saga is done.

FFXIV revealed their expansion before their story chapters were finished. I don't know why Guild Wars 2 is waiting this long.

This is not ffxiv, what they did is irrelvant.

yea, this is gw2 where the company leave its players to nothingness and void until they quit

@Mortifera.6138 said:

FFXIV revealed their expansion before their story chapters were finished. I don't know why Guild Wars 2 is waiting this long.

Different companies have different procedures often for a reason. The FF XIV fan base, due to the popularity of the IP, is baked in. They can afford to do things differently. Guild Wars 2 doesn't have 15 different games spread across console and computers. And the style of development at Anet seems to be to work on a bunch of stuff, much of which changes as it's developed. They have an iterative style.

So if they announce something now and it changes, the playerbase will be up in arms about the change. We've seen this happen before. Some people think bad publicity is better than no publicity but I'm not always sure that's the case. Anet, for better or worse, is locking things into place before they talk about it. Given how this community has reacted to changes in the past, I'm not 100% sure I blame them.

I don't actually think it's the best strategy personally, but I can see why they do it the way they do it.

@Lighter.5631 said:

This is not ffxiv, what they did is irrelvant.

yea, this is gw2 where the company leave its players to nothingness and void until they quit

Yes, because we never before got any teasers and it's crucial for the players to decide about the exact timing of realising new ones.Just make another thread, that will make the expantion come faster :D

• Confused 1

@Vayne.8563 said:

@"Sigmoid.7082" said:When the current saga is done.

Different companies have different procedures often for a reason. The FF XIV fan base, due to the popularity of the IP, is baked in. They can afford to do things differently. Guild Wars 2 doesn't have 15 different games spread across console and computers. And the style of development at Anet seems to be to work on a bunch of stuff, much of which changes as it's developed. They have an iterative style.

So if they announce something now and it changes, the playerbase will be up in arms about the change. We've seen this happen before. Some people think bad publicity is better than no publicity but I'm not always sure that's the case. Anet, for better or worse, is locking things into place before they talk about it. Given how this community has reacted to changes in the past, I'm not 100% sure I blame them.

I don't actually think it's the best strategy personally, but I can see why they do it the way they do it.

Sure Anet does not have 15 different games spread across but at least they do not have to spread their investment into 15 games, all they have is Gw1 and Gw2. What do you mean Anet has to work on a bunch of stuff? They cancelled their new project, laid off and then hired more people, Anet has approximately 350-400 employees, let's say 200 of them work on Gw2 because besides Gw2 they only have Gw1, no new project or anything else. What "bunch of stuff" you are talking about? Take Blizzard for an example, sure Blizzard is a big company, they have Overwatch, Starcraft 2, Diablo and WoW, but if you look closely only WoW generate money for them and WoW' income have to use for a new project and cover the loss of other games. In the end, WoW players will receive a new expansion every 2 - 2.5 years and not to mention every 3-5 months they have a new patch which is very different compare to the previous patch, not to mention Blizzard only has around 250-300 people work on WoW.

Compare to WoW or FFXIV, Gw2 expansion does not bring a lot of different things into the game. The gear progression is basically the same, gameplay same etc. Gw2 Expansion only brings new maps, new elite spec - this is not even a new class, new transportation system - Gliding in Hot, Mount in Pof, new story - DONE. If you look at FFXIV and WoW, every expansion seems like a new game.

Gw2 has not been upgraded for ages, the artwork looks old and it stays the same that way, no world render or re-design, class and elite spec system has been the same for ages. The game has 9 classes 27 specs but only some specs are viable in some particular content - For example who plays Scrapper in Fractal anymore? who plays Condi Mirage and Chrono anymore since the Confusion nerf (The Confusion nerf is just stupid, it basically destroyed a whole meaning of the class)? who here thinks Condi Scourge DPS is good? Thief does not even have a good condi build in Raid or Fractal and who uses Deadeye in Fractal and Raid anymore. Who here can see a Herald in Fractal or Raid? I do not understand why Anet put a bunch of their employees in-game and do not even recognise what is happening to their game.

They'll show us something when there's something ready to show.

Soonest I would expect any kind of new tease for EOD is during the finale episode of of IBS.. which maybe coming around April 27th.. but might be a bit longer away.LW2 and 3 finale's teased the next expansions so I expect IBS will do the same.

@Teratus.2859 said:They'll show us something when there's something ready to show.

Soonest I would expect any kind of new tease for EOD is after the last episode of IBS.LW2 and 3 finale's teased the next expansions so I expect IBS will do the same.

The whole PoF expansion got leak 8 months before it released which makes me believe if Anet says they want to release EOD in 2021 then they should have something to tease.

@Frozenize.9603 said:

@Teratus.2859 said:They'll show us something when there's something ready to show.

Soonest I would expect any kind of new tease for EOD is after the last episode of IBS.LW2 and 3 finale's teased the next expansions so I expect IBS will do the same.

The whole PoF expansion got leak 8 months before it released which makes me believe if Anet says they want to release EOD in 2021 then they should have something to tease.

They may have..But if they're sticking to the same habit of teasing the next expansion at the end of the last living world season then I expect they've intentionally avoided teasing anything to make the IBS finale tease more exciting.

@Frozenize.9603 said:

Ah, so if there was a leak one time, it means their market strategy is to dish out teasers whenever some bored player asks on the forum, got it.

• Confused 1

@Frozenize.9603 said:

Sure Anet does not have 15 different games spread across but at least they do not have to spread their investment into 15 games, all they have is Gw1 and Gw2. What do you mean Anet has to work on a bunch of stuff? They cancelled their new project, laid off and then hired more people, Anet has approximately 350-400 employees, let's say 200 of them work on Gw2 because besides Gw2 they only have Gw1, no new project or anything else. What "bunch of stuff" you are talking about? Take Blizzard for an example, sure Blizzard is a big company, they have Overwatch, Starcraft 2, Diablo and WoW, but if you look closely only WoW generate money for them and WoW' income have to use for a new project and cover the loss of other games. In the end, WoW players will receive a new expansion every 2 - 2.5 years and not to mention every 3-5 months they have a new patch which is very different compare to the previous patch, not to mention Blizzard only has around 250-300 people work on WoW.

Compare to WoW or FFXIV, Gw2 expansion does not bring a lot of different things into the game. The gear progression is basically the same, gameplay same etc. Gw2 Expansion only brings new maps, new elite spec - this is not even a new class, new transportation system - Gliding in Hot, Mount in Pof, new story - DONE. If you look at FFXIV and WoW, every expansion seems like a new game.

Gw2 has not been upgraded for ages, the artwork looks old and it stays the same that way, no world render or re-design, class and elite spec system has been the same for ages. The game has 9 classes 27 specs but only some specs are viable in some particular content - For example who plays Scrapper in Fractal anymore? who plays Condi Mirage and Chrono anymore since the Confusion nerf (The Confusion nerf is just stupid, it basically destroyed a whole meaning of the class)? who here thinks Condi Scourge DPS is good? Thief does not even have a good condi build in Raid or Fractal and who uses Deadeye in Fractal and Raid anymore. Who here can see a Herald in Fractal or Raid? I do not understand why Anet put a bunch of their employees in-game and do not even recognise what is happening to their game.

You are mistaken, or LinkedIn is incorrect. ArenaNet employs ~250 people.

https://www.linkedin.com/company/arenanet

@"Shadowmoon.7986" said:Eod is probably not anywhere done. I heard there was a german interview talking about another ls chapters to bridge the gap between ibs and eod.Edit: Before i get infracted for spreading misinformation here is a link to the interview translated using Google translate. I do not speak German so i can not verify the accuracy of the translation.https://iss2xipijtsdoahhsdhp7iy5se-ac5fdsxevxq4s5y-mein-mmo-de.translate.goog/wie-geht-das-mmorpg-guild-wars-2021-weiter/

It does not say more Living World(Story) content will be released. It says Festivals and 'more content'. Probably things like Rushes, or maybe Side Stories?

In the meantime, we'll continue to add content to the game while we look forward to End of Dragons. There will be regular festival updates like the kite rumble (Festival of the Four Winds).

We also look forward to discussing more content soon that will be released between the end of the Icebrood saga and the expansion.

My worry is too long a delay with no news spells nada, gone, zip, zilch, goose egg, not going to happen. Remember WvW World Restructuring/Alliances? It has been more than three years since ANet first announced it on Feb 2018. And now Apr 2021? Not even an official word on what happened.

ok ok guys lets not go so pessimistic, (lolz) theyre probably finishing something more consistent to show....

lets remember that creating hype without consistent stuff inst well received by community(even with IBS having a very good trailer), the IBS Saga presentations was mocked, and to finish have wooden potatoes 44 mins criticize video, i guess they just learned the lesson.

i hope studiou have something glorious and BIG to show to us.

Also the game shouldnt be driven only by the early rushers crowds, i myself, started completing LS4+IBS achievments only in dez/2020; for a later arrival, its a LOTs of contents, specially skycale collection, its really a BIG SAGA from LS4 to the end of IBS.

before dec/2020 i touched the game only new LS episode come out, done the episode+map completion and done.

if i was Anet staff, in a some interregnum while EOD is developed, i would create a promo to allow ppl buy everything from LS2 to IBS for a cheap price, to bring maximum new ppl possible to the game, these new ppl will play all that stuff while EOD is being cooked in the oven.

Just wait for 2-3 weeks. They will probably show something very soon after chapter 4. Anet consider their story so very important that they will not release even the most minor spoilers. So there was never a chance that we would get real information before the saga ended, regardless of how finalized the expansion features are. Just look at PoF. It was announced less than 2 months before release, because that is when LW3 ended.

If they were going to tease or reveal anything before the end of IBS, it would have happened by now. It's frustrating (and to be clear I don't agree with this level of secrecy) but if they didn't budge in over 6 months, they're not going to budge in 9 days and 9 days isn't going to make or break a hype train when it hasn't even left the station.

I do expect we'll see something within 2-4 weeks of IBS' finale, though, be it a teaser or full reveal.

@Frozenize.9603 said:

This is a misnomer. They're nto spreading their money into 15 games, because some of those games are old. They're only promoting 2-3 of their games at a time. I haven't seen an ad for Final Fantasy 1 for a long long time.

The thing is, I brought this up not to say they have these games as an advertising thing, but because having that strong a franchise means they don't have the same advertising constraints. They have deeper pockets to start with, and they have hte console market too and they can afford bigger gafs. I mean FF XIV launch was so bad they had to stop charging people month subs and relaunch it. Most companies wouldn't survive that, but they did, due to the strength of the IP from those other games.