Is it just me, or mesmer is completely overpowered? Answers from non-mesmer players please.

miifi.2150

seeing the date of the post, yes mesmer was OP, even shorts said it in his stream that it was OP and hes a mesmer main and he got rank 2 playing mesmer i believe

now? not sure, because theres no conquest to really know, but i see people 1v3 in wvw with new staff build

22 hours ago, Touchme.1097 said:

The answer is yes, no matter what balance patch is coming for us, Mesmer is ArenaNet's PvE favourite child. 

It's designed to be OP, we can all roll a mesmer, it's a more secure investment than a house insurance.

What about PvP? One shot 

GW2 EPIC (muha) GUIDE Mesmer Burst/ Oneshot + Chronomancer F5 - YouTube

Why wasting time rising another profession to 80 for DPS? Roll a mesmer

Why wasting time rising another character to 80 to provide alacrity or quickness? Roll a mesmer, you can provide both...And might too.

Why wasting time rising something to 80 to be hit by the nerf bat and be quarantined to the bottom tier corner of the wall? Roll a mesmer

Pretty funny considering Mesmer was trash tier for pretty much the entirety of last year. And the year before that.....

• Like 1

EU mAT winners and NA mAT winners are trying double mes comp at this very moment.

so i'd say it is OP

also 2019 mirage was the most OP thing that ever existed

so saying mesmer is being trash tier the year before 2020 is completely out of touch of the game

Edited by felix.2386
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, felix.2386 said:

EU mAT winners and NA mAT winners are trying double mes comp at this very moment.

so i'd say it is OP

also 2019 mirage was the most OP thing that ever existed

so saying mesmer is mesme being trash tier the year before 2020 is completely out of touch of the game

When condi ambushes were super oppressive and mirage had 2 dodges, yes. Situation is different now.

But then again, condi mirage is overpowered in PvP and you nerf literally everything except condi mirage. We got nerfs to core power shatter, core condi is meme tier already and got even worse with the chaos nerfs, then chrono was destroyed both condi and power, then power mirage became useless. Nerfed everything except condi mirage; it's been 4 years since PoF came out and the only reliable way mesmer finds a role in PvP is by going, guess what?, condi mirage, because everything was nuked to irrelevance except the toxic interaction between mirage and conditions.
Can't we just admit that condi mirage was a mistake and work on that?

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695

3 hours ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

When condi ambushes were super oppressive and mirage had 2 dodges, yes. Situation is different now.

But then again, condi mirage is overpowered in PvP and you nerf literally everything except condi mirage. We got nerfs to core power shatter, core condi is meme tier already and got even worse with the chaos nerfs, then chrono was destroyed both condi and power, then power mirage became useless. Nerfed everything except condi mirage; it's been 4 years since PoF came out and the only reliable way mesmer finds a role in PvP is by going, guess what?, condi mirage, because it's the only thing that wasn't nerfed. Everything else was.

Can't we just admit that condi mirage was a mistake and work on that?

i'd say mirage was a mistake by design. so is scourge and holo and fb, they had to gut FB so hard.

they hard gutted scourge before as well, but they reversed some change forgetting how op was scourge and because no one was playing scourge any more and scourge is op again.

and they had to remove a dodge from mirage too.

these e spec just shouldnt exist to begin with

also rev

Edited by felix.2386
  • Like 5

On 5/16/2021 at 5:25 AM, felix.2386 said:

so i'd say it is OP

I wouldn't say niche use in hyper-coordinated comp teams makes it OP.  Is thief OP because teams have almost always used one since forever?  Also, if the double mes comp is because of the new staff alacrity, literally no one asked for that change.

• Like 2

Personally I find the clone spam with high burst damage + good sustain ... th emain annoying thing. When they like have 5 clones active all the time + always getting replacements (must be from traits I think there is one that creates some from dodging) and jumping around avoiding damage while just shattering and doing a crapload of damage with it. (And you can't just avoid everything. Not enough dodges lol.)

If they have less clones it seems ot be easier to fight them. (Easier to stay on target and use CC for example.)

• Like 1

On 5/15/2021 at 11:54 AM, Touchme.1097 said:

The answer is yes, no matter what balance patch is coming for us, Mesmer is ArenaNet's PvE favourite child. 

It's designed to be OP, we can all roll a mesmer, it's a more secure investment than a house insurance.

What about PvP? One shot 

GW2 EPIC (muha) GUIDE Mesmer Burst/ Oneshot + Chronomancer F5 - YouTube

Why wasting time rising another profession to 80 for DPS? Roll a mesmer

Why wasting time rising another character to 80 to provide alacrity or quickness? Roll a mesmer, you can provide both...And might too.

Why wasting time rising something to 80 to be hit by the nerf bat and be quarantined to the bottom tier corner of the wall? Roll a mesmer

Sounds like you are a mes hater to me.

so far seems like few are complaining as much about mes and more about scourge and reaper if you ask me so wouldn't you say scourge is the big deal spec atm?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Axl.8924 said:

Sounds like you are a mes hater to me.

so far seems like few are complaining as much about mes and more about scourge and reaper if you ask me so wouldn't you say scourge is the big deal spec atm?

Condi scourge is a strong carry but not as strong as dps and boon generation as mesmer, this is a fact

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Touchme.1097 said:

Condi scourge is a strong carry but not as strong as dps and boon generation as mesmer, this is a fact

Man where is the proof in video of mes being op? just want to make sure its not bias i mean your a thief or nec main.

Not that i main mes or anything i just want to make sure its legit problematic and not some bias thing where you prefer not to learn it.

Is this about power chrono with boons? support chrono? power mirage or something?