Love the game. Hate the flood of containers.

I swear, just doing your first PvP game of the day rewards you with 4 different chests, some of which contain bags and other containers of their own.

I hope they rework the whole thing someday. There is such a thing as too many reward chests. 

• Like 1

Yo dawg, ANet heard you like bags...

(Edit: Apparently we can't insert images in posts anymore?  Boo...)

But totally agree.  While there are some great QoL features for sorting loot in your bags, getting boxes that contain bags that contain unidentified loot and such is just a pain.  That's on top off a loot system that has a million different currencies, materials and such.  I imagine this is particularly frustrating for new players.

Edited by Dahkeus.8243
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Aodlop.1907 said:

I swear, just doing your first PvP game of the day rewards you with 4 different chests, some of which contain bags and other containers of their own.

I hope they rework the whole thing someday. There is such a thing as too many reward chests. 

Would you rather have all of the items flood your inventory at once instead of being bundled up in containers?  That’s what we had before. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ayrilana.1396 said:

Would you rather have all of the items flood your inventory at once instead of being bundled up in containers?  That’s what we had before. 

Yes since it is mostly unid gear anyway and most of the rest are taken care of by Deposit All.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ayrilana.1396 said:

I'd rather receive less garbage in the first place, like in, you know, all the other MMOs where this isn't an issue. 

Flooding the player with unneccessary items or items you might want to collect is common-practice in games that sell you storage of any sort. Create a problem, sell the solution.
To be fair ANet is far far less obnoxious about it than most other f2p games I've tried out in the past.
I feel like it's a nuisance, but not an issue if that makes sense.

46 minutes ago, Aodlop.1907 said:

I'd rather receive less garbage in the first place, like in, you know, all the other MMOs where this isn't an issue. 

The value of that garbage adds up over time. It’s a little too late to make a change like that to the entire loot system. 

4 hours ago, Dahkeus.8243 said:

Yo dawg, ANet heard you like bags...

(Edit: Apparently we can't insert images in posts anymore?  Boo...)

But totally agree.  While there are some great QoL features for sorting loot in your bags, getting boxes that contain bags that contain unidentified loot and such is just a pain.  That's on top off a loot system that has a million different currencies, materials and such.  I imagine this is particularly frustrating for new players.

Is it possible to agree with both these posts at the same time? Because I do.

• Like 1

It's probably not going to go away.  The introduction of boxes was done to make adjusting loot tables for mobs easier.  Instead of having to program each mob to drop the loot, program it to drop the box and then just edit the box.  That way, instead of having a loot table 50 items long for every mob, it is 10 items long with a box that contains all of those extra items.  

10 hours ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

It's probably not going to go away.  The introduction of boxes was done to make adjusting loot tables for mobs easier.  Instead of having to program each mob to drop the loot, program it to drop the box and then just edit the box.  That way, instead of having a loot table 50 items long for every mob, it is 10 items long with a box that contains all of those extra items.  

That is unrelated to post which is about how it is handled in PvP(and also WvW since the reward tracks are pretty much the same) where you are given a box that contains a box which contains another box which then finally gives you the loot it is supposed. I don't think I've ever encountered anything 4 layers deep unless the unid gear is counted as well.

3 hours ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

U should try path of exile XD

At least the PoE devs are working on fixing that issue.