if you main warrior

Sailorz.5426

last year they nerfed my irrelevant hammer warrior...noone else was playing hammer.

this year they nerf my irrelevant dual wield axe warrior...noone else is playing offhand axe

meanwhile we have a million unkillable scouge necros spamming the node with a million Condis,

they get buffed.

behold the glory of GW2 once-a-year balance patches.

Edited by Liewec.2896
  • Like 11

Lol, shortly after Heart of Thorns launched, I predicted that PvP would turn into a complete garbage fire, so I bailed on the mode years ago. I'm disappointed to see I made the right call; several years later and PvP only produces solid gold for people who like to gather around a garbage fire.

Smiter's Booning things instead of actually addressing the issues has been Anet's style since GW1. Some things never change.

Edited by Keitaro Dragonheart.9047
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, Avatar.3568 said:

I think you are just not good enaugh 

Perhaps you could record yourself dominating with Warrior and post it here so that he can see how to properly play it. The more likely scenario is that you’ll post the names of a handful of Warrior players who are having moderate success with it and use that as justification.

Edited by crewthief.8649
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, crewthief.8649 said:

Perhaps you could record yourself dominating with Warrior and post it here so that he can see how to properly play it. The more likely scenario is that you’ll post the names of a handful of Warrior players who are having moderate success with it and use that as justification.

wouldn't that work tho?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

wouldn't that work tho?

I suppose so, if the standard is “moderate success” that only a handful can achieve. Compare that against some of the meta classes/specs (like Scourge, Prot Holo, FT Scrapper, etc.) and the amount of risk versus reward of each as compared to Warrior.

Edited by crewthief.8649
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Liewec.2896 said:

last year they nerfed my irrelevant hammer warrior...noone else was playing hammer.

this year they nerf my irrelevant dual wield axe warrior...noone else is playing offhand axe

meanwhile we have a million unkillable scouge necros spamming the node with a million Condis,

they get buffed.

behold the glory of GW2 once-a-year balance patches.

They also nerfed some fairly meta builds as well. They butchered healbreaker because it was too strong of a support (at the time was it really that strong compared to other support during that time? Even now with healguard and scourge?). 

As a side effect they murdered greataxe as it relied on those shouts for its sustain. They could have just nerfed the heal power modifier to decrease the effectiveness of stacking healing power but instead they nerf the base heal the most out of the nerf and well, RIP greataxe. It was already supbar compared to spellbreaker now its just dead for the most part.

What the funniest thing about this patch was the fact warrior actually recieved nerfs to its only 'meta-ish' build spellbreaker with the decrease in stats of Attacker's Insight, this point also goes to show how badly they write patch notes since most people even me thought it was a buff to stats in PvP as well in PvE, but nope nerf in pvp buff in pve. Can someone explain to what the thought process was here, the only thing I can think of is they saw a power gain in PvE and decided to slap it in PvP as some sort of development brain fart?

You could argue the 10% damage buff on dagger to boonless foes makes the trait actually worth it and an overall buff but I disagree. For one you lose out on a good chunk of adrenaline generation, try playing without it and not miss some opportune windows to use your burst ability, as well as the fact that burst abilities are probably 50% or more of your damage in pvp and losing out on using them off cd is a pretty big hit to your damage.

Then the part of the foe needing to be boonless for the trait to even take effect, yes dagger has an absurd amount of boon rip but in a teamfight where boons are being thrown out like candy as well as some classes just have a lot of boons being applied constantly in general, oh pair it with the fact you'll be having less up time on your burst which does all the boonrip on dagger because by taking this trait you'll lose out on adrenaline generation.

Trait is meh and irrelevant. This kind of development philosophy of balance changes on warrior is rampant. A lot of minor changes on things that are just simply irrelevant in the PvP meta, and I'm sure in other metas as well I just don't have as much experience in PvE or WvW.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Sailorz.5426 said:

you might as well go off-line

Hi Sailorz,

It's Mack the Berserker Norn from the Arena.

It's still viable.  ATM your best bet is condi bunker Berserker with shout heals and soldier rune. Sword / Torch , Mace Shield or Longbow.

Edited by Mack.3045

3 minutes ago, Mack.3045 said:

Hi Sailorz,

It's Mack the Berserker Norn from the Arena.

It's still viable.  ATM your best bet is condi bunker Berserker with shout heals and soldier rune. Sword / Torch , Mace Shield or Longbow.

I know it's still viable I can still play and get to plat on my sb. This post was half a meme on the offline to off-line change, as well as what they do with warrior.

I can still bannergod in tdm and afk on nodes in ranked, nothing really changed. Just making a silly post over silly balance changes x(

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sailorz.5426 said:

I know it's still viable I can still play and get to plat on my sb. This post was half a meme on the offline to off-line change, as well as what they do with warrior.

I can still bannergod in tdm and afk on nodes in ranked, nothing really changed. Just making a silly post over silly balance changes x(

I feel your pain. Generally when I get corpse jumped by Vel playing Mesmer in the Arena I say " walk in my shoes" 😂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, crewthief.8649 said:

I suppose so, if the standard is “moderate success” that only a handful can achieve. Compare that against some of the meta classes/specs (like Scourge, Prot Holo, FT Scrapper, etc.) and the amount of risk versus reward of each as compared to Warrior.

its not great but some specs have had worse metas. take what you can get even if its crumbs, that is, if you wanna play war and the game in general. otherwise...

18 hours ago, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

its not great but some specs have had worse metas. take what you can get even if its crumbs, that is, if you wanna play war and the game in general. otherwise...

I do continue to play Warrior, but that doesn’t change the fact that it is pretty frustrating to know that there are professions out there absolutely dominating and Warrior is just sort of mediocre. Why does Scourge get to run rampant in PvP for going on months now? What is that about? Hasn’t Holo been dominating PvP in one form or another since PoF? But Anet nerfed FC again, what, a month or so ago? LMFAO, you can’t even make this stuff up.

And the absolute kicker here is that Scourge literally sits on node and vomits AoE, has ridiculous sustain, etc.. Meanwhile, Warrior is over here having to land CC (that does zero damage mind you), through blind spam, just so he can hit a skill shot. And they continue nerfing it!!! By the way, the 11th patch nerfed Warrior sustain indirectly due to the change to resistance. 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by crewthief.8649
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Stalima.5490 said:

Can't you just go berserker and more or less instant kill people from 1200 range? It makes longbow ranger look like a joke.

1500 range, but ill bite.

1.) No. Gun Flame had its damage reduced with the Feb patch. It's coeff is 1.54 now which is marginally better damage than a level 1 Kill Shot. The only reason you see it on zerkers at all is because they're so heavily countered by kiting that they need a ranged weapon to not evaporate immediately. 

And memes.

2.) Fun fact, Rapid Fire actually lands for more damage if the channel completes entirely. It's objectively better, less evadable, has a shorter cd and is not gated behind adrenaline. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

alright well i can't compete with pity party threads so whatever. wars need buffs no argument here.

It honestly wouldn’t be such a kick in the nuts if it weren’t for the fact that there have been absolutely busted specs running around with impunity while Warrior continues to get nerfed, lol.

Edited by crewthief.8649
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

1500 range, but ill bite.

1.) No. Gun Flame had its damage reduced with the Feb patch. It's coeff is 1.54 now which is marginally better damage than a level 1 Kill Shot. The only reason you see it on zerkers at all is because they're so heavily countered by kiting that they need a ranged weapon to not evaporate immediately. 

And memes.

2.) Fun fact, Rapid Fire actually lands for more damage if the channel completes entirely. It's objectively better, less evadable, has a shorter cd and is not gated behind adrenaline. 

You can quite literally 15k people in the current patch with gun flame...

19 minutes ago, crewthief.8649 said:

Ranger longbow has way more utility. There is no comparison between Warrior rifle and Ranger longbow.

I have to disagree, the warrior's rifle is a hybrid between the ranger's longbow and shortbow, gaining the best part of both weapons, the direct power of the longbow with the cc and evasion of the shortbow and has 2 charges on top of it thus allowing it to deal more damage than either weapon and holds the potential to instantly down someone in the burst ability as well as the warrior having easy access to the unblockable mechanic.

The only reason warriors bash the Rifle is because the kind of person who plays a warrior will generally be someone who wants to play melee primarily.

Edited by Stalima.5490
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Stalima.5490 said:

I have to disagree, the warrior's rifle is a hybrid between the ranger's longbow and shortbow, gaining the best part of both weapons, the direct power of the longbow with the cc and evasion of the shortbow and has 2 charges on top of it thus allowing it to deal more damage than either weapon and holds the potential to instantly down someone in the burst ability as well as the warrior having easy access to the unblockable mechanic.

The only reason warriors bash the Rifle is because the kind of person who plays a warrior will generally be someone who wants to play melee primarily.

You’re welcome to your opinion.

1 hour ago, Stalima.5490 said:

You can quite literally 15k people in the current patch with gun flame...

This patch? You sure? Proof?

Cause I'm shooting people in game and getting 8s with every damage modifier I can muster applied, on full glass. and on full glass I'm only taking 8s.

Can you show me a 15k that's recent?

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Here's 2 images, one shows a 14.3k gunflame in the log, the other shows a 14.5k decapitate in the log, with certain modifiers this goes even higher in pvp matches.

https://imgur.com/rW1uPLs

https://imgur.com/4RxTOaQ

Oh and this pales in comparison to the fact that in the same build, the Axe 5 is capable of over 20000 damage in 1 button.

I couldn't decide on the last utility but you do not need the banner of strength for this.

Edited by Stalima.5490
  • Haha 1