May 25th nerfs

Freedoms.2635

12 hours ago, Beleron.9347 said:

I thought Canadians were supposed to be the sensible ones...

Hey now, please don't take a swipe at us Canadians. We are not really any different (not that much at least) than folks from other countries. We have our fair share of complainers too. Most folks here, though, are pretty decent. Just like most folks in other countries.

10 hours ago, Axl.8924 said:

I think anet wants you to go axe mirage, since according to the web its at 37k,while staff mirage is 30k.

30k isn't great but if you want you can still use.

I think staff is still pretty good. The nerfs defiantly haven't knocked it down entirely I think now it's a simple case where mirage will have to run more then just staff with 0 weapon swap. 

Which is how it should be.. staff/staff mesmer shouldn't be doing as much damage as Staff/axe+torch mirage. Same as renegade u have alac shortbow/shortbow renegade which works but does less DPS.. the same rule should now also apply to mirage. 

I don't think this is the end of staff in all honesty. Just not gonna be as overpowered.

• Confused 1

I get that you most likely made this post to vent out of frustration, so I apologize in advance.  For the past couple years I have not been one to defend Anets balance decisions, but I have to side with them on this one.  All too often the devs will implement poorly thought out changes and then proceed to put bandaids on non-existant wounds in an attempt to make up for the inbalance they created.  With Mesmer, the obvious example is PoF launch era IH cMirage and the series of somewhat random nerfs to Core Mesmer and areas of Mirage that weren't problematic, culminating in what is now a meme of an elite spec (one-dodge-mirage).  In this instance, they gave staff Mirage too much damage.  A pseudo boon-support build was outperforming many full dps specs.  Instead of throwing darts at a board and nerfing whatever it hit, they partially reverted the change that was causing Mirage to overperform.  Your rash decision to spend $250 on gem-to-gold to buy a legendary does not and should not have any impact on the way Anet balances.  Had you been an active Mesmer main these past years it would've been very obvious that they weren't going to let it shine.  We've all made poor decisions that we later came to regret and I feel for you, but Anet really doesn't owe you anything here and I think you know that.  On the bright side, your rainbow stick can also be used on Guardian, Necromancer, Daredevil, Elementalist, Druid, and Revenant.  You can find a use for it if you want to.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Staff wasn't OP in WvW ... it's projectile AND condi. Mirage only has one dodge on top of that. It would only be usable in roaming and that's assuming people have no cleanses.

Oh it absolutely was OP in WvW. Perhaps not in a blob fight, but roaming it definitely was and is very strong. Chaos/Inspiration/Mirage with Trailblazer stats is pretty much invincible 1v1. Staff/Staff for duels or Staff/Sword for roaming. Very high mobility (with tons of sword ambushes ), almost immunity to condition, many invuls, teleports, stealth. And nice condition damage. You can escape from almost all situations and chase down almost everyone. Thief still hard counters you, but against most other classes you had the upper hand and probably still do.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Staff wasn't OP in WvW ... it's projectile AND condi. Mirage only has one dodge on top of that. It would only be usable in roaming and that's assuming people have no cleanses.

double post

Edited by Yoci.2481

On 5/26/2021 at 3:06 AM, Freedoms.2635 said:

Yes each second equals 20% total of 5 down to 2

benchmark went from 30k to 27k after the 60% nerf 😱 although i think a 120-180% nerf would have been better

Edited by Fangoth.4503
  • Haha 2

I think you are overestimating just how much the damage has been reduced. Staff/Staff mirage is still perfectly viable as a dps role. Will you do top dps? No. But you will certainly churn out above average dps even with the recent nerfs. Chill man, you can still use your staff.

1 hour ago, chrispy.7182 said:

I think you are overestimating just how much the damage has been reduced. Staff/Staff mirage is still perfectly viable as a dps role. Will you do top dps? No. But you will certainly churn out above average dps even with the recent nerfs. Chill man, you can still use your staff.

You will still be top dps on a couple of bosses. The people linking the 30k and 27k golem videos dont mention the 40+ confusion stacks it does. The golem doesnt trigger any confusion at all. This adds 10k vs normal bosses and 20k+ vs fast hitting bosses.

Still no effort ambush spam top dps.

• Like 1

You know what you said is like patently false about its damage. In self stats alone it's STILL hitting 50k+

on SH. The amount of confusion this class outputs is just STILL broken even now. You actually have no clue where the majority of this class' damage comes from which is its ridiculous supply of ambushes with the correct build which in turn gives tons of confusion damage per ambush. Otherwise this forum thread would have never even been posted if you knew how broken it is even now. Allowing it to do the damage it did with just autos alone is quite frankly just not ok in any sense.

Edited by mordefelix.5826
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mordefelix.5826 said:

You know what you said is like patently false about its damage. In self stats alone it's STILL hitting 50k+

on SH. The amount of confusion this class outputs is just STILL broken even now.

no its kittening not lol. its dead as a pure dps choice

anet should instead kill condi chrono and make scepter playable again

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

"

anet should instead kill condi chrono and make scepter playable again"

You serious? Do you know how confusion works? This is from a solid (not snowcrows level player) that was able to hit 42 stacks of confusion AFTER NERF https://dps.report/P3gJ-20210525-145831_golem. This is from a CnD player (Snowcrows level essentially) player BEFORE the nerf hitting 47.6 stacks https://dps.report/kWS3-20210512-170953_golem. That's a maximum of 5-6 confusions stacks difference. How the kitten is that DEAD AS PURE DPS CHOICE. Lmao people were literally hitting 60k+ on SH and boo hoo it's going to hit 40k to 50k now with decent rotations. You're either memeing or just literally don't know how confusion works. It literally still shits on normal dueling illusions mirage but you know "DEAD AS A PURE DPS CHOICE" KEKW. Oh here if you need to extrapolate anything lmao. https://dps.report/9G6P-20210523-190944_sh. Take out a couple stacks of confusion and oh boi he's only hitting 3k less on area stats and in actuality is hitting freaking 50k+in self stats . Wow that's dead dps right?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Let me tell you a story. My wife and I shelved our druids and started playing Mirage staffers, after we returned from years of not playing. We did this way before the changes. With the first changes, we kept joking a nerf was incoming because mobs melted. Sure enough, the nerf came as expected. The day this happened, not knowing the nerf was in the patch, we killed a bounty champion in less than a minute.

We didn’t notice the nerf.

I tell this story to show the sky isn’t falling. As far as I can tell, the change alters killing a mob by seconds. After everything that’s happened to my druid, I can live with it.

And I suspect other Mirage staffers can too.

Edited by Ardenwolfe.8590
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, animal are you.1637 said:

anet should instead kill condi chrono and make scepter playable again

Any actual suitable response? No counter data to give in actual raids where Staff Mirage is somehow kitten on for an appropriate boss? I'm waiting for some actual decent dps raid player that knows the rotation based on a DPSreport to please demonstrate that staff mirage is "bad dps" now vs. another "good dps" class like condi chrono.  Or are people just making false claims again because their braindead auto attack class ways are no longer the best?

16 hours ago, mordefelix.5826 said:

Any actual suitable response? No counter data to give in actual raids where Staff Mirage is somehow kitten on for an appropriate boss? I'm waiting for some actual decent dps raid player that knows the rotation based on a DPSreport to please demonstrate that staff mirage is "bad dps" now vs. another "good dps" class like condi chrono.  Or are people just making false claims again because their braindead auto attack class ways are no longer the best?

Actual raid player here. I only really used condi chrono on twin largos because that's a confusion heavy encounter. Guess what? Staff mirage still outperforms condi chrono on twin largos. The person you responded to has no idea what they're talking about because condi chrono uses scepter already...

Arcdps is kind of bugged for twin largos right now but this week my raid group killed twin largos CM relatively easily by stacking staff mirages and we're not even a really tryhard group. I did more dps on twin largos CM than what I usually do on twin largos normal mode pre May 11th patch. That's all you need to know lol.

The nerf in alacrity didn't do much difference for fractal, since we get extra concentration from agony.  With chaos and fractal potion go from 2,5s to 3,25s letting as get 100% uptime alacrity with vipers gear.

The damage nerf in clones was hard, but it didn't affect the ambuses skill. 

Overall I will say we are ok for fractal as support build for alac and might. 

On 5/26/2021 at 4:24 AM, Obtena.7952 said:

Well, the collective opinion is that your complaint is rather absurd because the nerf was completely reasonable. You should probably consider your limited experience/knowledge in the matter and conclude you were a little out of touch and not completely certain of the things you are saying.  I can assure you, the DPS was NOT nerfed 60%, EVEN for that single skill. 

I've seen you in all forum's sections defending all the nerfs anet did with so much interest that it looks like if they hired you to do that task! Let people express their opinion and dont criticize it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, frareanselm.1925 said:

Let people express their opinion and dont criticize it.

No, that's wrong. First, he expressed his opinion ... I didn't stop him. Second, the forum is a place to discuss people's opinions. If people don't want their ideas discussed, then it is THEY that shouldn't post here. 

• Like 6

On 5/28/2021 at 6:38 PM, mordefelix.5826 said:

bro u posted outdated logs and the only other reply said "arcdps is bugged" as a cope lmao

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, frareanselm.1925 said:

I've seen you in all forum's sections defending all the nerfs anet did with so much interest that it looks like if they hired you to do that task! Let people express their opinion and dont criticize it.

If the opinion is bad or even outright wrong then there's no reason not to criticise it though?

On the other hand, I've only seen your two posts (this one and the one about recent condi DE nerfs) and it seems all you do is try to validate people's illogical complaints for... the sake of randomly validating complaints, I guess? Including your "argument" about p/d nerf in relation of "hitting guard/thief through their blocks/dodges" when speaking about pve nerfs.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, animal are you.1637 said:

bro u posted outdated logs and the only other reply said "arcdps is bugged" as a cope lmao

bro u said blatantly false things and said "anet should instead kill condi chrono and make scepter playable again " as a cope lmao

Condi chrono is a fine spot. It's a niche build for only one or two fights in raids because it focuses super heavily into confusion. It also uses scepter if you want to learn how to actually play. Staff mirage can output almost as many confusion stacks along with additional bleeding and torment that condi chrono barely has any of, on top of high alacrity output and 25 stacks of might for 10 people. So in fights where condi chrono does well, staff mirage does even better.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alquinon.2957 said:

bro u said blatantly false things and said "anet should instead kill condi chrono and make scepter playable again " as a cope lmao

Condi chrono is a fine spot. It's a niche build for only one or two fights in raids because it focuses super heavily into confusion. It also uses scepter if you want to learn how to actually play. Staff mirage can output almost as many confusion stacks along with additional bleeding and torment that condi chrono barely has any of, on top of high alacrity output and 25 stacks of might for 10 people. So in fights where condi chrono does well, staff mirage does even better.

Exactly LMAO. https://dps.report/a928-20210529-163815_golem Somehow this staff mirage is worse than uhhhh condi chrono pre 11th nerf https://dps.report/3Axm-20210309-205458_golem. But yanno. Staff mirage gutted. Trolls.

On 5/29/2021 at 12:02 PM, animal are you.1637 said:

Ok. So your argument once against is dog kitten. Here are some NON-bugged logs (not gonna even point out that confusion and other conditions were represented correctly in those logs). This is my CURRENT 5/29/2021 updated arcdps LOG. https://dps.report/a928-20210529-163815_golem Staff mirage which hits higher dps on golem vs PRE PATCH May 11th condi chrono (WHICH IS now NERFED due to chronophantasma 25% damage nerf) https://dps.report/3Axm-20210309-205458_golem and is one of the best logs out there to date. Let's do some hard cold facts comparison for all those staff mirage players that think this nerf makes staff mirage unplayable. 

STATS COMPARISON: 

https://dps.report/a928-20210529-163815_golem

FOR STAFF MIRAGE:  42.935 stacks of confusion, 30.338 stacks of torment, 31.452 stacks of bleeding and 0.987 stacks of burning and .263 stacks of poison. At a grand total of 26k.126k dps on golem. This is with one hour of me benching.

Vs

https://dps.report/3Axm-20210309-205458_golem

FOR CONDI CHRONO PRE MAY 11th nerf (AND IT's WEAKER NOW): 40.038 stacks of confusion, 9.84 Stacks of bleeding, 5.939 stacks of burning and 10.143 stacks of torment. At a grand total of 14.898k dps on golem.

CURRENT STAFF MIRAGE literally destroys PRE NERF May 11th Condi Chrono in every condition based stat and flat damage EXCEPT in burning and there's no way in hell that burning will make Condi Chrono do more damage than 20+ more stacks of torment and 20+ more stacks of bleeding and 3ish stacks of confusion.

So there's your argument that bugged logs and any claim left that it's anything less than broken. Also you're just completely wrong lmao. Oh also let's not forget it literally gives itself alacrity and 25 might but yeah lets forget that 🙄 Please give some ACTUAL data to back up your false claims 😉

Oh let me add something additional. This is my dps log vs. a condi chrono. But yes it's no longer playable/ not a dps class kekw.https://dps.report/4hMt-20210530-134443_twins

• Thanks 2