[RoS] Language problems after relink

I'm playing WvW at the Ruins of Surmia [EU] [EN] server. We used to be paired with Aurora Glade [EU] [EN] but now we are paired with Elona Reach [EU] [DE] instead.

Issue is that Germans happen to communicate a lot in German (No surprises here) and many Surmians, including myself do not master this language.

Can we get paired with Aurora again please? Also, our guild is spread over a few [EU] [EN] servers. Most are on Surmia but my friend is on Aurora. We played WvW for many, many hours last month but now we were forced to separate. It just feels bad. I know that ArenaNet has trouble to realize the Alliance system which would solve all of this, but can we at least keep RoS and Aurora together in the meantime? Also, it would be nice to limit pairing in general to servers with the same language.

Thanks!

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I was linked with German and French servers for practically the entire year last year, and It didn’t really bother anyone. Posting “[Linked objective] 25+” in chat for example is not really hard and universally understood I should imagine since you can just click the link? But should people not do that, after a while you just pick up new words in different languages for different objectives. I also found that should I need to give a detailed report in team chat, even saying it in English, someone would just translate it and relay in the linked server’s language for me. 

As for playing with friends on other servers, you’ll just have to transfer unfortunately then you won’t have this issue 😞

55 minutes ago, aiinseinn.5914 said:

also, there is alot of hatespeech from intelligent international people against DE (Germans) Servers - no fun - but we stand

Sure like "dood you germaanians run like Angela Merkel 60 years ago"

Edited by Junkpile.7439

I always think its quite selfish to talk in your own language playing on an international server with people from allover EU who all talk different languages. The occasional sentence is fine,sure. But some players have entire conversations in their own language on mapchat and do this daily,and when confronted they react rather childish,while they can use whisper instead.

Theyre only creating a barrier between them and the other players. Its like they dont want to interact or play with others besides people from their country. My native language isn't English neither,yet i adapt knowing i want myself to be understood by the entire server when i say something, If i want to talk with someone from my own country in my own language,i'll use whisper for that. For some reason mostly French and German players ( Not all of you ) insist on talking in their own language eventhough they do know English,scout reports in their own language,conversations on map/teamchat in their own language.

I actually had a conversation about this yesterday with someone,his reasoning was that especially in Germany their tv shows are all dubbed,they dont have subtitles and saying it would probably contribute to as why they inisist on using their own language.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Caedmon.6798 said:

I actually had a conversation about this yesterday with someone,his reasoning was that especially in Germany their tv shows are all dubbed,they dont have subtitles and saying it would probably contribute to as why they inisist on using their own language.

Well we are talking about the country that found Half-Life 1 so violent they had to censor it by replacing soldiers with robots.

But it doesnt change the fact the servers arent technically English, it just happen to be the most commonly understood language in Europe.

1 hour ago, Caedmon.6798 said:

I always think its quite selfish to talk in your own language playing on an international server with people from allover EU who all talk different languages. The occasional sentence is fine,sure. But some players have entire conversations in their own language on mapchat and do this daily,and when confronted they react rather childish,while they can use whisper instead.

So, it's different when this conversation is in English? 

It won't change ever as most Spanish, French or German players won't ever stick to English on "their" language servers. It's not rare reading Norwegians or Russians in /t too.

Gotta live with it.

I sometimes have this issue on my NA server when people in the public english chat channels start speaking spanish, or even french...  Instead of going all Samuel Jackson on them "English, M*****r F****r!" I just turn off the chat channel. I know there are instances where this can' t be done, because you have to see the channel to know what's going on.  In those instances I try not to let it get to me, and I just usually end up blocking that specific person so their Text isn't interfering with whatever else I have to see if they won't use English. I'm not about to try to wreck my brain on a block of text I know I can't translate.   Unless the Commander is speaking the foreign langauge, then I just move to a different map, or move on to PVE. 

Edited by PhantomGoddess.5174

20 hours ago, Caedmon.6798 said:

If we're going by number of native speakers of a language, I'd have to say Mandarin tops the list. That being said, since China has their own separate servers, knocking Mandarin out and just focusing on most widely spoken language on Earth that'd be English....so I guess you have a point.

On 6/1/2021 at 1:27 PM, TheQuickFox.3826 said:

I'm playing WvW at the Ruins of Surmia [EU] [EN] server. We used to be paired with Aurora Glade [EU] [EN] but now we are paired with Elona Reach [EU] [DE] instead.

Issue is that Germans happen to communicate a lot in German (No surprises here) and many Surmians, including myself do not master this language.

Can we get paired with Aurora again please? Also, our guild is spread over a few [EU] [EN] servers. Most are on Surmia but my friend is on Aurora. We played WvW for many, many hours last month but now we were forced to separate. It just feels bad. I know that ArenaNet has trouble to realize the Alliance system which would solve all of this, but can we at least keep RoS and Aurora together in the meantime? Also, it would be nice to limit pairing in general to servers with the same language.

Thanks!

Just transfer to Aurora and the problem will be solved. 

Or wait for Alliances, then you should be always BE  in the same server as your friends. 

Edited by anduriell.6280