Toon name report question

I have had my character name reported and changed back during HoT.   I logged into find I had to choose a new name, but I also contacted support and asked them what was going on. 

support reverted the name change with no back and forth discussion or explanations, they just did it and it took 3 days (expected support turn around)

I realized it was reported as someone had been harassing me and repeatedly called my name out during RIBA the day before I lost my name temporarily. I don’t know why it was changed and reverted but, after it was done I kinda moved on. 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Malitias.8453 said:

I'm not sure, but maybe sexuality is not supposed to be part of a character name, same as something like "lesbian charr" or "gay charr".

naming policy

This states they do not permit names that reference sexual acts. One could argue that the sexuality also references to the sexual act and is thefore not permitted.

It's a sad day when non derogatory names are censored because it might technically be against the rules (if you stretch one or two rules or make an exception because someone got offended based off of preconceived notions of sexual identity).

I mean, making a unique name is hard enough as it is without some kitten making everything politically motivated xD

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Westenev.5289 said:

It's a sad day when non derogatory names are censored because it might technically be against the rules (if you stretch one or two rules or make an exception because someone got offended based off of preconceived notions of sexual identity).

I mean, making a unique name is hard enough as it is without some kitten making everything politically motivated xD

I absolutely agree. I was just curious and looked into why the forced name change might have occured and tried to answer OPs question.

1 hour ago, Malitias.8453 said:

I'm not sure, but maybe sexuality is not supposed to be part of a character name, same as something like "lesbian charr" or "gay charr".

naming policy

This states they do not permit names that reference sexual acts. One could argue that the sexuality also references to the sexual act and is thefore not permitted.

Maybe the name was in rememberance to how charrs looked in gw1?

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Charr_Fire_Caller_(Vanguard_quest)

If you want an actual answer you'll need to submit a support ticket, the best we can do is guess and we can't be sure any of the guesses will be right.

For example someone once before asked why they weren't allowed to call a character T I G G E R and we had a whole topic debating whether it was because it's one letter off an offensive word or because Tigger might be a trade mark (with a lot of anger about how stupid either reason would be) before an admin came in and explained it's actually because you can't have a G with a space next to it, to stop people calling their character something like G M Dave and pretending to work for Anet. I don't think anyone had guessed that could be the problem until they said it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Isnt superstraight that newish thing where you wouldn't date a trans person no matter what. There is also supergay, superbi and superlesbian too. The LGB types who dont like trans people also like it. They also said about adding superstraights to them. It might of also been started on 4chan as a dog whistle for SS, i heard. I know it might of been a joke to you 3 years ago and i not saying you are bad or whatever but things change sometimes.

• Thanks 1