Overflowing accountbond materials

8 years player here.  Can we have a economical way to  get rid of these account bound stuffs. My guy is complaining about back pain for carrying these items. Like those Hot mats they stop being worth it after gears crafting with them caught up by meta players years ago. And the Chillis. Ascended food pretty much  wreck their uses  for being less accessible to Meta events and cost more to craft.

Four winds festival is a perfect time to dump unused mats. which wouldn't crash infusion market. Since A-net can set whatever price on the box.

The mule waitng for relief.

Edited by LONGA.1652
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, LONGA.1652 said:

8 years player here.  Can we have a economical way to  get rid of these account bound stuffs. My guy is complaining about back pain for carrying these items. Like those Hot mats they stop being worth it after gears crafting with them caught up by meta players years ago. And the Chillis. Ascended food pretty much  wreck their uses  for being less accessible to Meta events and cost more to craft.

Four winds festival is a perfect time to dump unused mats. which wouldn't crash infusion market. Since A-net can set whatever price on the box.

Yes, it's strange that you can't even sell some things to traders for a few coppers.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I just don't feel like throwing ascended stuff into a dumpster is good game design and wish something would be done, if they could at least be sold for a couple coins to a vendor a lot of players would be very happy.

It also takes quite a lot of time to remove 200+ stacks one by one, which is time not spent doing something fun.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

12 minutes ago, Tiilimon.6094 said:

I just don't feel like throwing ascended stuff into a dumpster is good game design and wish something would be done, if they could at least be sold for a couple coins to a vendor a lot of players would be very happy.

It also takes quite a lot of time to remove 200+ stacks one by one, which is time not spent doing something fun.

So don't hoard 200 stacks for no reason in the first place. 🙄 

Or do what @Linken.6345 said.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 5

Well, you see...

While playing the game normally you keep getting stacks of bloodstone dust and empyreal fragments, removing the stacks individually takes about as much time as removing them all at once. So you don't even have to hoard them, they just keep piling up on their own.

I also don't have that free slot for a keyrun alt, so not possible to use that workaround :)

Also, it still doesn't sound like very good design to have to delete a character just to get rid of all the trash that keeps piling up, that's probably why the thread was made, so the developers of the game would make some better way to help us get rid of all the unwanted materials.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Tiilimon.6094 said:

Well, you see...

While playing the game normally you keep getting stacks of bloodstone dust and empyreal fragments, removing the stacks individually takes about as much time as removing them all at once. So you don't even have to hoard them, they just keep piling up on their own.

I also don't have that free slot for a keyrun alt, so not possible to use that workaround :)

Also, it still doesn't sound like very good design to have to delete a character just to get rid of all the trash that keeps piling up, that's probably why the thread was made, so the developers of the game would make some better way to help us get rid of all the unwanted materials.

IKR?  

It’s almost like they want you to buy more storage slots or character slots from their gem store. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

The drops and recipe requirements should have been 1/10th of what they are to begin with but it only takes a second to destroy a stack. If you insist on letting them pile up instead of destroying them as they show up and then having to spend 3-4 minutes to destroy 200 at once then that is on you.

The items being mostly junk is ANet's fault but having to deal with a large pile at once is a direct consequence of your own decisions.

• Thanks 1

Especially the Airship Oil and the Ley Line Sparks pile up. There exist two recipes that can help getting rid of those, but they are not that good:

Fulgurite

1x Obsidian Shard

1x Bottle of Airship Oil

1x Pile of Auric Dust (Tarir)

1x Ley Line Spark

Fulgurite can be sold to NPC vendors for 80c. Shards should not be a problem. Still have to craft them, but you should get ~ 2 gold per stack of Fulgurite.

Ley-Line Infused Tool

1x Charged Quartz Crystal

1x Ley Line Spark

50x Pile of Bloodstone Dust

2x Orichalcum Ingot

Required for guildhall-upgrades, sell for ~ 1.5-2 g on TP. The Charged Quartz is a bit annoying if you do not have the daily fuse in your routine, think about doing it. It is really cheap and the Charged Quartz can quite valuable. 

Regarding the common Bloodstone Dust/Empyreal Fragment/Dragonite Ore issue. You could just craft multiple Vials of Salt. One vial consists of one full stack each plus a few other materials. Got too many ascended amulets already? Salvage it. Maybe you get lucky enough for the Salvaged Excellence worth 400-500 gold. 

But that is not an option for me, I still need around 5,000 Bloodstone Dusts XD. 

Hatched Chili, what I have seen on both mule screenshots, is not that useless. Looking at Guildhalls again, the Branded Devourer Monument Token and the Charr Tank Token are quite impressive decorations that eat lots of Chili. Just ask guild-decorators if they would be interested.

Edited by HnRkLnXqZ.1870
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tiilimon.6094 said:

Well, you see...

Well, you see... Craft. Also use "eaters". Also you said it takes too much time to delete 200 stacks (...at once), if you don't stack them on purpose (apparently the purpose being "to complain about having them"?), then you never need to spend the time to delete those 200 stacks at once, but instead you delete, what... two stacks? Which is 2 clicks each? HUGE effort btw. 🙄

Luckily you keep farming so much, so I guess soon you should be able to get another slot for gold>gem conversion, right? I mean... hopefully you are farming something more than the account bound mats there?

You don't need to do that. It's in the case you want to get rid of a lot of stacks at once. You don't normally need to do that, so lets not pretend that you do, because you totally get 200 stacks every day you log into the game to do whatever 🙃

tl;dr use eaters, craft, delete the whole stack when it fills up instead of -allegedly- hoarding 200 stacks of them and then complaining that it's too much to delete at once.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

Well, you see...

There's already 'eaters' for Bloodstone Dust, Empyreal Fragments, Dragonite Ore.

Deleting weekly Key Runners probably wasn't 'designed', so to speak; but, players are already deleting those characters for the purpose of collecting Black Lion Keys, so using them to destroy unwanted materials is just a bonus.

• Confused 1

I am aware of all the ways to get rid of unwanted stuff, but I'd still suggest that these things should be able to at the very least be sold to vendors, like.. why not?

Most people probably would, as I'm one of the people who doesn't really enjoy shuffling stuff around in menus, there's plenty of us playing this game.

Perhaps removing the account binding could work, so for example, I could sell my unwanted crafting materials and Sobx.1758 could craft the stuff he wants out of them, or HnRkLnXqZ.1870 could get his 5000 dusts from other players without having to farm so much :)

A lot of other bound materials and consumables have already had this done to them, so I don't really see anything preventing this from happening in the future.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Well, you see... Craft. Also use "eaters". Also you said it takes too much time to delete 200 stacks (...at once), if you don't stack them on purpose (apparently the purpose being "to complain about having them"?), then you never need to spend the time to delete those 200 stacks at once, but instead you delete, what... two stacks? Which is 2 clicks each? HUGE effort btw. 🙄

One day, my goal is to passively craft 2k Bricks, Ingots and Stars. For no reason other than I hoard. I don't heavily farm so it's a funny way to occupy my time if I get bored.

Edit: I will say I have several friend who would gladly dump their Obsidian Shards and excess Karma on me, their greedy friend.

Edited by MissSinfully.2478
  • Like 2

Zephyrite vendors are for materials that aren't account bound that flood the market. You are supposed to discard materials you don't plan on using. They exist to make people who don't play the game much to play more to get certain new things.

It does suck that IBS doesn't let you consume its materials for volatile magic. At least you can sell Bjora Marches' ingots.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

Zephyrite vendors are for materials that aren't account bound that flood the market. You are supposed to discard materials you don't plan on using. They exist to make people who don't play the game much to play more to get certain new things.

It does suck that IBS doesn't let you consume its materials for volatile magic. At least you can sell Bjora Marches' ingots.

My brain took a literal minute to realize IBS was Icebrood Saga. xD

• Haha 2

I am aware of all the ways to get rid of unwanted stuff, but I'd still suggest that these things should be able to at the very least be sold to vendors, like.. why not?

Similar number of clicks, so I guess the story about it being too hard/taking too much time wasn't exactly truthful, it's just that you hoard useless trash and then try to pull gold out of it, eh? 🙃

Why not? Because that's how the game works, I guess.

Most people probably would, as I'm one of the people who doesn't really enjoy shuffling stuff around in menus, there's plenty of us playing this game.

You're in luck then, because deleting a stack doesn't require you to shuffle through anything. 2 clicks and done. \o/

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

9 hours ago, LONGA.1652 said:

Those are some rookie numbers my friend, hit me up when you got 32slot bags on your mule

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Similar number of clicks, so I guess the story about it being too hard/taking too much time wasn't exactly truthful, it's just that you hoard useless trash and then try to pull gold out of it, eh? 🙃

Why not? Because that's how the game works, I guess.

You're in luck then, because deleting a stack doesn't require you to shuffle through anything. 2 clicks and done. \o/

When you delete things from the inventory, you have to select the individual stack and move it out of the window.

While selling to a vendor, you can click once on an item and then hover you mouse over the Sell button, and after you click, it automatically selects the next item in the vendor window.

So about half clicks less and no need to move the cursor at all after moving it on the Sell button.

Did you also notice that the thread is about a suggestion to change the current system?

• Confused 2