EoD Weapons for new specs [Speculation]

De Bourgogne.9642

Each spec so far has gotten a new weapon. It generally follows a pattern where if Guardian in HoT got a 2 handed weapon it didn't get a 2 handed weapon in PoF, same goes for Main Hand and Offhand. There are two exceptions to this rule, thief got 2handed weapon twice and Warrior got a main hand and offhand in PoF. Now assuming this rule will be followed mostly in EoD here is my speculation on what each profession will get. 

Warrior - Staff

Warrior got an offhand in HoT and Mainhand + offhand in PoF so it will probably get a 2 handed weapon which would either be Shortbow or Staff. Considering it already has a longbow I think this is easy Staff for warrior. 

Guardian -  Warhorn 

Got 2h in HoT and MH in PoF. Looking at possible offhands (Dagger, Mace, Axe, Pistol, Sword) Warhorn seems to fit the best a class like Guardian. 

Revenant - Dagger 

Revenant should be getting a new mainhand out of possible mainhands Scepter and Pistol seem pretty off theme so Dagger and Axe seem more likely but I think Dagger fits best. 

Ranger - Pistol

Should be getting an offhand there is a lot off possible offhands but pistol seems best for a ranged class. Then again if there would be an exception to the rule it would probably be ranger getting another 2handed weapon which would either be rifle or a hammer.

Engineer - Mace

Mace offhand seems to fit the most for this class out of many possible offhands. 

Thief - Mace or Axe 

Getting a new main hand or offhand would mean that every mh/oh combination with that weapon would get a new skill which is about time to happen after anet dodged it by giving theif 2handed weapons. I expect them to give thief a mainhand like mace or axe because they would need to make less weapon combination 3 skills with only 2 offhands.

Mesmer - Shortbow  or Hammer

Needing a 2 Handed weapon Shortbow fits better then a Longbow or Rifle but mesmer already has a ranged 2handed weapon (Greatsword) so maybe it is getting cleave melee weapon which would be Greatsword. 

Elementalist - Longbow

Could be any other 2 handed weapon really but I feel like rifle doesn't fit this profession, while Hammer, Greatsword, Shortbow could work. 

Necromancer - Sword 

Other mainhand options are Pistol which would be ridiculous and Mace which could happen as well. 

What I want to see:

Warrior 

melee Staff that is used like a spear or a mid range (900) Javelin

Guardian

offhand sword

Revenant

main hand Axe or offhand mace

Thief

offhand sword

Engineer

offhand Mace (with core Engineer getting access to main hand Mace) or dual Maces

Ranger

Hammer

Elementalist

Longbow

Mesmer

dual Daggers

Necromancer

main hand sword or offhand sword

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, McPero.3287 said:

Ranger - Pistol

Should be getting an offhand there is a lot off possible offhands but pistol seems best for a ranged class. Then again if there would be an exception to the rule it would probably be ranger getting another 2handed weapon which would either be rifle or a hammer.

Hell NO. Not a Pistol or a Rifle. Friend's of nature. You know. Not hunter. 

Hammer can be the best choice. 

• Like 1

Warrior: Pistol/Pistol. No heavy class has pistols. Give them to warrior as they have no mid range dps weapon.

Engi: Mace/Mace: For very obvious reasons

Ranger: Hammer: Bunny Thumper

Necro: Sword/sword: necro needs a better power melee MH and OH.

Mesmer: dagger/dagger because why not, make it a dancer spec.

Elementalist: Rifle: Spell bullets!

Thief: No clue, but Axe may be fun, like some executioner build. MH only. They already have strong OH weapons.

Rev: MH Axe. Power focused.

Guardian: Its anet so warhorn, and it will be the most broken warhorn in the game.

• Like 1

Warrior

MH-Pistol/OH-Pistol

Warrior is the only core class in the game that does not have access to a 1h ranged weapon, the attribude weapons master

Guardian

OH-Sword

To fill the offhand melee attack weapon

Revenant

MH-Pistol

Revenant does not have a 1h ranged weapon the other option could be Sceptor but pistol feels more fitting.

Ranger

Hammer
Ranger lacks the ability to hard CC with its mainhand weapon

Engineer

MH-Mace/OH-Mace

Engineer does not have access to 1h melee weapons.

Thief
Greatsword

Greatsword for Theif could function as a melee 2h condition weapon

Elementalist

Rifle

Elementalist does not have access to a 'ranged weapon' (it could be nice to see ele get weapon swap with this spec, but 1 weapon can only use two elements e.g. Fire + lightning,

Mesmer

Shortbow

(i'll be straight i really dont know for Mesmer as ive never picked up the class to play propperly, not a fan of the way it functions)

Necromancer

Shield

Necromancer lacks an active defencive offhand that does not rely on 'barrier'

• Like 1

Here's what I've come up with;

Guardian/Avenger: Off-hand sword

Revenant/Savant: Scepter. Gains Legendary Golemancer Stance (Oola + Zinn)

Warrior/Monk: Melee staff

Engineer/Apothecary: Main-hand Mace

Ranger/Juggernaut: Hammer

Thief/Gangleader: Greatsword

Elementalist/Spellslinger: Dual pistols

Mesmer/Psychomancer: Dual daggers

Necromancer/Seance: Longbow or Shortbow

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Im prolly not gonna have many in agreement but I actually don't think elementalist will get a longbow. 

Ranged weapons tend to be reserved for support speccs mainly and wouldn't fix the problems elementalist currently have. 

And if they went in that direction I could see them more going towards the mesmer route of using a melee weapon as a magical ranged weapon. 

Apart of the traction to ele is the huge amounts of animations and all the colours the elements produce, it'd be very hard to bring that to the table with a 2handed ranged weapon like rifle or longbow. 

My honest opinion 

Would be either

Main hand pistol

Off hand Axe

Off hand shield 

Those are the three predictions Id put as a possible elementalist weapon. 

Imho I don't think they'd want to give ele a ranged weapon. Because it'd physically make the class 100% ranged due to a lack of weapon swap

Unless they did also give us weapon swap, although I'd question if they'd seriously go down the route of making ele even more complex. 

Edited by Daddy.8125

7 hours ago, Daddy.8125 said:

Im prolly not gonna have many in agreement but I actually don't think elementalist will get a longbow. 

Ranged weapons tend to be reserved for support speccs mainly and wouldn't fix the problems elementalist currently have. 

And if they went in that direction I could see them more going towards the mesmer route of using a melee weapon as a magical ranged weapon. 

Apart of the traction to ele is the huge amounts of animations and all the colours the elements produce, it'd be very hard to bring that to the table with a 2handed ranged weapon like rifle or longbow. 

My honest opinion 

Would be either

Main hand pistol

Off hand Axe

Off hand shield 

Those are the three predictions Id put as a possible elementalist weapon. 

Imho I don't think they'd want to give ele a ranged weapon. Because it'd physically make the class 100% ranged due to a lack of weapon swap

Unless they did also give us weapon swap, although I'd question if they'd seriously go down the route of making ele even more complex. 

The way I see it, Staff is Ele's long range support weapon, what Ele lacks is a decent ranged weapon for attack which doesnt rely on the target to be braindead standing in the AOE's of which the staff lays down.

I can not see ele getting longbow as it can already summon a longbow, which that logic, ele wont get Axe, Shield, Greatsword or Hammer, so lets bin those off for now. What ele lacks would be a single target ranged weapon and a 2 handed melee weapon.
It would be amazing to see a Hammer or Greatsword but with what ive said above, this is unlikely. So the most likely slot would be ranged, the weapon it could be; rifle.

Being a ranged weapon will open up some issues with the ele, as the ele would then be weak to anything close range, so the spec should have access to weapon swap, however the main set can access the first two attunements (Fire and Water) and the 2nd set can only access the other two attunements(Lightning and Earth). With this system ele would not become more complex by all means as you still have access to the same number of skills to use, just that you can not use all attunements with one weapon. The only complex part would be, which set do you want to use, Fire and Water or Lightning and Earth.

Rifle can fit with the Ele class easily as long as every skill has a magical element to it, e.g fire into the ground and cause the earth to rumble and explode in a straight line, flare shots that rain fire from the skies, or even a taze shot which stuns a target.

I would love to see more weapons given to classes with unusual methods of use, in the case of rifle, the rifle would just become a magical conduit to fire from.

Let's see Id like to see a more aggressive take to all the specs. A more evil set of specs compared to PoF where most specs had to do with heroes and stuff. SpB are sunspears, Fbs are the priory of elona, scourges harnessed the powers of the sand like Mirage (more neutral of a role but still not quite villain-like) etc. 

Warrior: Demonslayer (any weapon at this point but shortbow, Spear would be beloved, Greataxe would be a wet dream) 

Guardian: I like the Avenger idea with OH Sword, may make Guards more capable combatants outside the DH stealth memes or the (ew) condi builds in Core and FB

Revenant: Don't rly care about Rev, but if I want a Legend that would be a Mursaat with a good power set to complement Shiro or Jalis, while also working hybrid with Ventari and Mallyx. Maybe a name like Subjugator with Daggers or MH Axe

Thief: Also like the Assassin idea with OH Sword and stances. 

Ranger: The Warden who were quite hostile back in GW1 with Hammer

Engineer: The Plaguedoctor with Dual Maces. Don't mind it being condi focused, but I'd love some power synergy. 

Necromancer: Not much on Necro either... Thinking MH Sword. Name?Uuuhh Deathknight

Elementalist: maybe my only not villain-like spec idea, just cause I like what I see around with Longbow or Rifle on Ele. But perhaps Dual Axes used as mid-range weapons can work with some melee cover too. What are the most common names? Celestial? Envoy? Spellslinger? 

Mesmer: Dual Daggers or Spear for a Bladedancer sounds cool to me. 

Edited by Grand Marshal.4098
  • Confused 1

41 minutes ago, Smoosh.2718 said:

it can already summon a longbow

The conjured Frost Bow is a Shortbow, not a Longbow.

Just because the skin is also available for Longbows doesn't make the conjured one a Longbow.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 6/19/2021 at 5:13 PM, Fueki.4753 said:

he conjured Frost Bow is a Shortbow, not a Longbow.

Just because the skin is also available for Longbows doesn't make the conjured one a Longbow

People think it's a longbow because it's a 1200 range bow while shortbows are 900 range..

It has more implications to be a longbow not a shortbow. 

• Thanks 1

On 6/19/2021 at 4:33 PM, Smoosh.2718 said:

, however the main set can access the first two attunements (Fire and Water) and the 2nd set can only access the other two attunements(Lightning and Earth). With this system ele would not become more complex by all means as you still have access to the same number of skills to use

It doesn't from a design point of view, but does as a player. You put half Ur abilities behind another cool down effectively.

And tbh if you look at 90% of ranged options in this game they are support based. Because the game itself doesn't do a good job of ranged gameplay. 

Because how boons and healing works in this game. Stacking is the meta, which kinda prevents ranged gameplay entirely. So they create melee ones. 

However I do agree, if they are gonna give ele a ranged magical set. Hammer or Greatsword to channel magic through will make 100x more sense. 

I'd actually really like it if ele got a strong ranged hammer build. There's lots of things I would want. But i doubt they'd come true. Game lack many proffessions who use hammer 

I'd like a dark themed ele with darkened forms of their attunements. But I doubt they'd give a new elite completely different attunements. Even if imho it'd be easier to keep all of eles builds viable as you could tune each individual build seperately via their elements. 

Edited by Daddy.8125

1 hour ago, Daddy.8125 said:

People think it's a longbow because it's a 1200 range bow while shortbows are 900 range..

It has more implications to be a longbow not a shortbow. 

The conjured Frost Bow's range is 900 on all five skills.

That's why it's a Shortbow.

Edited by Fueki.4753

23 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

The conjured Frost Bow's range is 900 on all five skills.

That's why it's a Shortbow.

Ooh i swear it's auto fire is 1200? Weird 🤣 but yeah then it could pass as a shortbow for sure. 

Is it really a limitation that we can't get weapons we have conjures for? If so... Maybe conjures need to be reworked? 

Seems kinda weird that ele by default can't ever have access to 6 weapons based on abilities I rarely see used? 

Like there was a time where they said they couldn't make mounts work 

Think I'd generally prefer we got a weapon we cast through instead of a bow tho. Feels less magic with a longbow realistically. It's kinda our theme to use magical abilities. 

Or maybe that's my bias towards weapons I like more 

54 minutes ago, Daddy.8125 said:

Ooh i swear it's auto fire is 1200? Weird 🤣 but yeah then it could pass as a shortbow for sure. 

Is it really a limitation that we can't get weapons we have conjures for? If so... Maybe conjures need to be reworked? 

Seems kinda weird that ele by default can't ever have access to 6 weapons based on abilities I rarely see used? 

Like there was a time where they said they couldn't make mounts work 

Think I'd generally prefer we got a weapon we cast through instead of a bow tho. Feels less magic with a longbow realistically. It's kinda our theme to use magical abilities. 

Or maybe that's my bias towards weapons I like more 

People are assuming that ele won't get conjured weapons because:

1. Ele has a precedence of just having access to weapons they can't conjure to this point (including both elite spec weapons)
  2. The claim that Anet might want to avoid these for clarity reasons

It is not really any rule confirmed by Anet themselves, people just assume that it is one. So it is not completely out of question that ele can get these weapons as long as Anet doesn't directly say so.

For me personally, the clarity reason doesn't really hold. If conjured weapons would work like kits, meaning that you can instantly swap without tell, then it would be a good reason for me. But as they are right now, conjured weapons give enough warnings that the ele has switched to them.

• Conjured weapons show a counter icon on the buff bar
  • Switching to a conjured weapon has a cast time
  • Conjured weapons summon a second one on the ground, so if one is lying around, you know the ele has switched to the conjured weapon

I personally would prefer to give ele a longbow, since I enjoyed "Arcane Archers" from other games, so I would like to see Anet's take on it.

40 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

People are assuming that ele won't get conjured weapons because:

1. Ele has a precedence of just having access to weapons they can't conjure to this point (including both elite spec weapons)
  2. The claim that Anet might want to avoid these for clarity reasons

It is not really any rule confirmed by Anet themselves, people just assume that it is one. So it is not completely out of question that ele can get these weapons as long as Anet doesn't directly say so.

For me personally, the clarity reason doesn't really hold. If conjured weapons would work like kits, meaning that you can instantly swap without tell, then it would be a good reason for me. But as they are right now, conjured weapons give enough warnings that the ele has switched to them.

• Conjured weapons show a counter icon on the buff bar
  • Switching to a conjured weapon has a cast time
  • Conjured weapons summon a second one on the ground, so if one is lying around, you know the ele has switched to the conjured weapon

I personally would prefer to give ele a longbow, since I enjoyed "Arcane Archers" from other games, so I would like to see Anet's take on it.

I see I wouldn't rly consider it a problem at all as we don't even use the conjures espically not longbow. And they could always add a animation if that's the fear

For example when wielding the frost bow ice grows on your character.

Could be interesting to see what they do with it. Elementalist is a class u could quite easily be extremely creative with really. 

There are ways they could defintly make it very magical, including just throw the bow the specc will give you. They could make it very magical thematic in itself. 

And I feel they could very easily fix the problem people have with it being ranged might make it rubbish in close distance. Holo actually shows what they could do. 

A 5th element which holds a resource as you use Ur bow Ur able to turn it bow into a Greatsword with magic and go into close quarters combat. 

The reason I say this instead of weapon swap. Is because I think weapon swap would make the elite just outright better in every way comparitively to its prior speccs. But it'd be very interesting to see what we would end up using if they did. 

Now the whole 5th element thing would make it close to a hybridised ranged. But in a sense would make it more ranged. Because weapon swapping would almost defintly mean u were wielding melee weapons also. 

While F5 could be used as a big burst moment.. and keep the specc majority ranged. 

Edited by Daddy.8125

7 minutes ago, The Boz.2038 said:

Ele: Pistols. The Bulletstorm e-spec. Basically, Elemental/Avatar Gun-kata Deadeye. 

And I'm still praying for land use water weapons. Spear rangers? Harpoon gun Engies? Heck yeah!

Would love to get harpoon gun for engi, since it would feel like getting an alternative rifle (I like rifles).

26 minutes ago, Escanor.8157 said:

Warrior: Spear( Main-hand)

Ranger: Rifle

Revenant: Greatsword. It makes no sense for Revenant to have daggers, it would only be a thief with heavy armor.

Thief: Axe

Necro: Greataxe 

the only problem i could see with introducing new weapons in a Expansion.. would be if they did this.. its potientally gonna be a litteral single class who uses this weapon. unless they go back and introduce this weapon as a Core weapon to other classes.. which could feel really bad.

If ur ELite gets a Weapon.. 3 other classes just get at core. while we get this with every weapon.. these weapons are Old weapons. that we expect to over time be shared. while this would effectively be classes getting 2 brand new Weapons

imho if they are gonna dish out a brand new weapon.. it should just be put into the core and then later on be added to a elite specc.

Greataxes and (if they do) Unwater weapons would be a good way to add somethign to the core aswell.. so if each get one of the 4 weapons added to their core imho it'd be more exciting.