Legendary Unbound Guardian did not count for the achiev "Unbound Guardian's Revenge"

Got Hablion on the second try but got in at the end on the first, so didn't expect credit. Have now tried the guardian twice with credits for all jades and it but not the new achieve. No reason why we should get event credit but not the achieve. Llama all over again where we have to spend prime time on the new episode doing bugged achieves on the previous one.

The issue seems to be related to the quantity of players present.  Only the first X amount of players to tag the boss (be it Hablion or the Unbound Guardian) will get achievement credit.  It doesn't have to do with dealing lots of damage, just arrive fast and hit it quickly to start.

This has been an issue in the past with big events like world bosses, where only a certain number of players would get the champ bag drop from the Champion Svanir Shaman at Frozen Maw, for example.  I did a lot of testing back then on whether it was related to a damage threshold or not, and came to the conclusion that it was just first come, first serve, and tagging the champion early would guarantee you its drops, while if you weren't among the first however-many players to tag it you'd miss out.

While it would be nice for that long-standing bug to finally be fixed, the temporary fix for these achievements should be to tie achievement credit to event participation rather than a drop (apparently invisible this time) from the boss.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Xiahou Mao.9701 said:

The issue seems to be related to the quantity of players present.  Only the first X amount of players to tag the boss (be it Hablion or the Unbound Guardian) will get achievement credit.  It doesn't have to do with dealing lots of damage, just arrive fast and hit it quickly to start.

This has been an issue in the past with big events like world bosses, where only a certain number of players would get the champ bag drop from the Champion Svanir Shaman at Frozen Maw, for example.  I did a lot of testing back then on whether it was related to a damage threshold or not, and came to the conclusion that it was just first come, first serve, and tagging the champion early would guarantee you its drops, while if you weren't among the first however-many players to tag it you'd miss out.

While it would be nice for that long-standing bug to finally be fixed, the temporary fix for these achievements should be to tie achievement credit to event participation rather than a drop (apparently invisible this time) from the boss.

Came back to ask this very thing of the people who did and did not get it done. Whether it was over crowded, and when did you get down to tag and start the fight. On my last attempt, I rocketed down and got into the fight ASAP, and the crowd wasn't as big as the first two failed attempts.

It would be a nice bug for them to fix for sure. Not so dynamic.

1 hour ago, Ardenwolfe.8590 said:

Got it the second time. Did none of the pre-events. Waited where the Guardian spawns. As soon as it did, I attacked until it died. And when it did, I got credit.

Got it when my party waited at the bottom instead of doing the pre events and hit the Guardian then. Achieve popped for all of us. 

• Like 1

That explains why I didn't get credit even after doing the full Jade event.  I didn't get Hablion first go either, but I found him at about 5% health so I figured I was just too late.  Second try on him worked, I did help with the exorcising that time.

3 hours ago, Xiahou Mao.9701 said:

This was my experience too. It makes sense. And it's also what others discovered as well. It's the reason why I waited where the Guardian spawns.

Thank you.

Edited by Ardenwolfe.8590
  • Like 1

Did the event on my EU account first, this account had never even been on the map up until this event and it got credit for it on the first go round. Did it again later on my main account and did not get credit for it.

I did do part of the story on the EU account before the event came up, on the main I have not re-done the story yet but had finished all the other on map gathering and events.

Had the same issue with hablion and the unbound magic dude.. I had to do it twice just to get the achievement, but i know during the unbound guardian, something seemed off as well during the fight like the latency was way too high when you stand in the green pool, but im not sure if it's the cause for the achievement not to drop.

Really bad for those who did not unlock the griffon or skyscale. You are way slower. on the glider and get attack by the mobs all the the way to the boss . I wait hours for the events to pop and I get no credits.

Edited by Letour.3021

Same here, it's nice to give us "new achievments" but what's the point if we can't complete them ?

So far with the llama fiesta and the npc who won't talk if you don't fresh start the stories the "return" is a fiasco and you'd think this kind of issues will be checked but i guess we're on the road for a whole bugged experience till the end of this events.

18 hours ago, Fire Attunement.9835 said:

Thank you for letting us know! I've let people know and we're looking into it. 

People claim they had no issue getting the achievement on characters who have not played the story yet. :classic_huh:

Too bad I have none left that hasn't... :classic_rolleyes:

Please fix, thank you. :classic_wink:

Edit: Got it on my third try. The only difference to previous attempts was that I died once against one of the Jade Constructs and wasn't allowed to harvest the Bloodstone from that level's pillar after its defeat.

Edited by Ashantara.8731

yeah its one of the tough boss in that map.. needs some ppl to kill it.. if everyone who rush teh achi on first day got the achi, they wont try the event the next time and simply would abandon map... then ppl doing the event after 3 days wont have enough ppl to even complete it X).. so... i guess.. its been designed to give achi progress only for first 10 ppl? X) and ppl keep trying the event as much as possible to get it finished.. and this event will drag on atleast until the week ends towards next spotlight week X)

the thing about it being designed that way is a lie I fabricated.. but thats anotehr perspective for similar abandoned maps 🤣😂

I did it 4 times but never got the achievement.. then on the fifth attempt, I tagged the final jade bow and jade armor just a bit and then went straight to the unbound guardian spot even before the jade constructs died.. then took almost all the green aoe to boost dps and then finished the event, and I got the achievement.. could be because of the dps or... could be because of some kind of limit bug where only n number of ppl who tagged the boss within x secs of its arrival would get the achievement.. idk