Removal of Reflect

The Boz.2038

On 7/13/2021 at 5:50 PM, Lazze.9870 said:

It wouldn't. Not in zerg.

It would be Hammer/GS, melee damage with what's hopefully good enough utility to be worth running. Swapping out GS for a hammer is one step forward and one step back

In my experience that would only happen if the new spec has enough self-sustain to stand in the frontline, like a Bunker Druid 2.0 

We know what happened to that build. PvP would suffer a meltdown. 

Most probably the new spec would end up using hammer / Longbow, longbow for the barrage and hammer replacing the GS current use. Shadowstep F5 although uninspiring would solve the issue with the needed mobility so GS would not be a competitor. 

But what about if the new spec can not swap weapons? 

44 minutes ago, anduriell.6280 said:

In my experience that would only happen if the new spec has enough self-sustain to stand in the frontline, like a Bunker Druid 2.0 

We know what happened to that build. PvP would suffer a meltdown. 

Most probably the new spec would end up using hammer / Longbow, longbow for the barrage and hammer replacing the GS current use. Shadowstep F5 although uninspiring would solve the issue with the needed mobility so GS would not be a competitor. 

I already made a long comment about this on the previous page. Once you start worrying about loading up your build with self-sustain, you're not worthy of a zerg spot to begin with.

Like, do people here actual have experience running in organized guild groups? You guys are talking about frontline and backline as if they matter. They don't You stay kittening tight in your tag and move with it. There is no frontline or backline unless you're bad at staying on your tag or you're playing a staff weaver.

There is nothing wrong with a hammer/greatsword ranger on paper, as long as it brings the damage and/or utility that makes it worthwhile to the group.

Longbow is an inefficient zerg weapon, so no, you wouldn't bring it if the hammer is any good. 

Edited by Lazze.9870

1 minute ago, Lazze.9870 said:

There is nothing wrong with a hammer/greatsword ranger on paper, as long as it brings the damage and/or utility that makes it worthwhile to the group.

I never said there is something wrong with that combo. Just the majority of player will pick LB(Axe/Axe)/HAM over HAM/GS everytime, simply because the range/melee component. Even if at the end the ranged set is not used much. 

If hammer lacks anything compared to GS, then it will happen like with dagger main hand, it will not be used. 

12 minutes ago, anduriell.6280 said:

Just the majority of player will pick LB(Axe/Axe)/HAM over HAM/GS everytime, simply because the range/melee component.

The majority of rangers in wvw are trash and don't play ranger the way it should be played to be most efficient in a squad.

If the new spec comes with a good hammer, it will be melee based and probably work best with GS (or double axes if you want some ranged options in the build without losing your melee momentum). Longbow peaked with soulbeast - it is ineffective now and it won't be any better on a different spec.

Edited by Lazze.9870

remove dodges as well, how can a simple key makes me miss target!???

Joking asside   OP learn ur timings to burst,  i know the perma scrapper dome is anoying due the amount of srappers in game, and trait unblockables they will bypass reflection and absortion domes not only blocks.

i would not say op is at 100% l2p  but its a 50%/50% situation, im heavy on range absortion as well, but u should know when to swap to melee weapons

Edited by Aeolus.3615

7 minutes ago, anduriell.6280 said:

And that mentality is why ranger has such a bad reputation in any pvp game mode. 

It is not a mentality, it is a fact.

I play ranger 100 % of the time for my wvw guild unless we're missing something essential. Whenever I join an open tag that knows who I am, they're fine with it. Other rangers get tossed out or left in party one because you can take a quick look at them and realize that they're not running a build that is efficient to the group. They're often running selfish builds with low damage and nothing worthwhile for the group.

The mentality that needs to be fixed is the one of people playing ranger. Once you start worrying about self-sustain, you deserve to be tossed out.

Edited by Lazze.9870

2 minutes ago, Lazze.9870 said:

It is not a mentality, it is a fact.

Other rangers get tossed out or left in party one because you can take a quick look at them and realize that they're not running a build that is efficient to the group. They're often running selfish builds with low damage and nothing worthwhile for the group.

Your bias is showing.... 

Edited by anduriell.6280

7 minutes ago, anduriell.6280 said:

Your bias is showing.... 

Yeah, bias against my own main profession that I play in a wvw guild. Nice of you to edit that part out.

Sorry, but if you're running signet of stone and protect me on your build to sustain yourself, you're not worth wasting a squad spot on that could go to a herald, scourge, core guard/dh that are playing proper builds.

Edited by Lazze.9870

3 minutes ago, Lazze.9870 said:

Yeah, bias towards my own main profession that I play in a wvw guild.

Sorry, but if you're running signet of stone and protect me on your build to sustain yourself, you're not worth wasting a squad spot on that could go to a herald, scourge, core guard/dh that are playing proper builds.

learn to play melee weapons... they are far stronger than bow as well, and trait unblockables  to bypass reflection skills

Edited by Aeolus.3615

11 minutes ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

Joking asside   OP learn ur timings to burst,  i know the perma scrapper dome is anoying due the amount of srappers in game, and trait unblockables they will bypass reflection and absortion domes not only blocks.

The irony is that the OP is actually fine with Scrapper dome, as per their original comment, as it is a projectile block and not a reflect. The original post was very specific that projectile blocks/destruction could cover all use cases of reflect.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lazze.9870 said:

Yeah, bias against my own main profession that I play in a wvw guild. Nice of you to edit that part out.

Protect me is a group stunbreak, i don't see why that is not a good utility skill for the group. Not that you would know that with a "quick look".... 

3 minutes ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

learn to play melee weapons... they are far stronger than bow as well, and trait unblockables  to bypass reflection skills

I think you are confusing ranger with warrior. You know different professions play different and have different mechanics. Learn it. 

5 minutes ago, anduriell.6280 said:

I think you are confusing ranger with warrior. You know different professions play different and have different mechanics. Learn it. 

What are u even talking about???

Did rangers loose all the unblockabes??? doubt.

Edited by Aeolus.3615

11 minutes ago, anduriell.6280 said:

Protect me is a group stunbreak, i don't see why that is not a good utility skill for the group. Not that you would know that with a "quick look".... 

It's not that protect me is bad, but you should be running traited Dolyak Stance. And that's the only stun break you should be running, you don't need more. You trust your FB and your scrapper so you can invest fully in damage and immobilize, which is what Soulbeast currently can do. Running both dolyak stance and protect me is a waste and only useful to cover up your own mistakes. It's not your job to stunbreak others, it is what Firebrands do.

If you're running immob druid, you should run glyph of equality for the aoe stunbreak and cleanse. Again, protect me shouldn't be there, it is a waste of a utility skill.

Don't even go there with your "not that you would know". EFFICIENCY is what is all about. It is not efficient to run a ranger in a zerg with multiple stun breaks and self-sustain skills on its bar. You're gonna be deadweight compared to other builds.

Edited by Lazze.9870

17 minutes ago, anduriell.6280 said:

Actually they did, but clearly you don't know that. 

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Signet_of_the_Hunt

10 Unblockable (6s): Your attacks are unblockable

All traps are unblockable as well

Some pets have unbloacles atacks as well wich poison target and u guys can stealth health as well

Etangle is ubloacble

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hilt_Bash have

Dazes target and theres a trait to increase daze duration on target, have u tried to use it while unbloacble??

No i dont understand.... cause all that i remember was soulbeast loosing a very broken unblockable  uptime.. /facepalm....

OK there are classes with way more cheap unblcokbles  even nade kit(all skills from it are unblockable)m8 be superior to ranger  but thats another story.

Note: Reflects can be bypassed with the curent ranger tools and dont last that much...

Edited by Aeolus.3615

1 minute ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

And? That is much less than the profession used to have before all the nerfs. 

6 minutes ago, Lazze.9870 said:

It's not that protect me is bad, but you should be running traited Dolyak Stance. And that's the only stun break you should be running, you don't need more. You trust your FB and your scrapper so you can invest fully in damage and immobilize, which is what Soulbeast currently can do. Running both dolyak stance and protect me is a waste and only useful to cover up your own mistakes. It's not your job to stunbreak others, it is what Firebrands do.

If you're running immob druid, you should run glyph of equality for the aoe stunbreak and cleanse. Again, protect me shouldn't be there, it is a waste of a utility skill.

Don't even go there with your "not that you would know". EFFICIENCY is what is all about. It is not efficient to run a ranger in a zerg with multiple stun breaks and self-sustain skills on its bar. You're gonna be deadweight compared to other builds.

I got the impression i was talking to somebody using the troll meme build with Ancient seeds to grief  roaming  while at the same time being completely useless in group combat. 

Meme Druid is the most useless build ever designed just for trolling, funny you talk about efficiency. 

10 minutes ago, anduriell.6280 said:

I got the impression i was talking to somebody using the troll meme build with Ancient seeds to grief  roaming  while at the same time being completely useless in group combat. 

Meme Druid is the most useless build ever designed just for trolling, funny you talk about efficiency. 

What are you talking about?

Is it that kittening hard for you to stay on topic? You clearly agree that efficency matters when you talk about builds being memes. Does it offend you that I call it a waste of a squad spot if it includes a ranger that runs multiple stun breaks? Does it offend you because that's what you're doing?

I'm a kittening ranger main and you still can't avoid throwing out the "your bias is clearly showing" which happens EVERY TIME someone disagrees with you. Stop acting so pathetic, stay on topic.

Edited by Lazze.9870

Just now, Lazze.9870 said:

What are you talking about?

Is it that kittening hard for you to stay on topic? You clearly agree that efficency matters when you talk about builds being memes. Does it offend you that I call it a waste of a squad spot if it includes a ranger that runs multiple stun breaks? Does it offend you because that's what you're doing?

I just pointed out the meme Druid is totally useless against an squad with some cleanses and any reflection. Its only function is to grief roaming.  You are the one who brought "the efficiency" in uppercase to the topic.   

Are you using that special skill to have a "quick look" into my build right now to "know" what i am using? You know even the meme druid build you are using would fare better if ranger would have had more consistent access to unblockables. 

16 minutes ago, anduriell.6280 said:

I just pointed out the meme Druid is totally useless against an squad with some cleanses and any reflection. Its only function is to grief roaming.  You are the one who brought "the efficiency" in uppercase to the topic.   

Are you using that special skill to have a "quick look" into my build right now to "know" what i am using? You know even the meme druid build you are using would fare better if ranger would have had more consistent access to unblockables. 

I have never suggested to run meme druid builds in a squad. I have never even posted a meme druid build on this forum.

You're the one going into full defense mode because I'm telling you that there is no efficient ranger build for zerging that would currently use Protect Me. Makes it sound like you're one of those rangers that run mutlitple self-sustain skills.

Edited by Lazze.9870

@anduriell.6280

its was broken..... the amount of uptime and interval   u coul dignore most  blocks, abosrtion domes, reflects for most of their uptime.

That feels like a want to be carried and i dont want enemy to counter me situation.

6 seconds and 10 hits  is more than enought to burst target,  if u fail u should change strategy go melee to fihish it or something else.

reflection last 6sec max as well and its only covered in that zone sometimes flank from side resolved that issue

Edited by Aeolus.3615

On 7/5/2021 at 3:42 PM, Mik.3401 said:

I think ranged projectile attacks of ranger, DH and renegade are so strong in PvP that having the ability to reflect them is only fair. Unless someone runs the faceroll inspi mirage bunker with countless reflects

You forgot to mention engi with nades on scrapper. Engies seem to have loads of projectiles too.

Just now, Aeolus.3615 said:

@anduriell.6280

its was broken..... the amount of uptime and interval

It was needed  because ranger does not play like a rifle berserker. Never saw a thread complaining about ranger's unblockable uptime. 

1 minute ago, Axl.8924 said:

You forgot to mention engi with nades on scrapper. Engies seem to have loads of projectiles too.

Actually i think reflect is ok for the game. The adjustment of unblockables is what is needed to be balanced profession by profession. 

Ranger needs more access to unblockable, warrior may have too much, DE may need the current ranger approach a long CD skill for burst damage..  

Nades aren't impacted much by reflects because they are ground AoEs, so the nade doesn't need to hit the reflect. Engie in general works a lot with AoEs effects instead projectiles as profession mechanic. Ranger is the exact opposite, it uses projectiles even when there shouldn't be  any (like warhorn).