Scourge needs to go

2 minutes ago, Raiden The Beast.3016 said:

When alac staff mirage was a thing in pve few weeks ago it just took few days for an official anet post, one week for a hotfix and two weeks to delete it.

Why pvp have ultra omega scourge for centuries even in most ever boring TOL.

I know bnet gives a kitten , but pls ... do something. Rank is clownfiesta 🤡 

You kinda answered yourself in the first sentence, the keyword is "PvE".

• Thanks 6

yes i know right. i did the 3v3 death match tourney gues my enemies? 3 scrouges... that match took for ever and the timer had to run out and decide the match. its rediculous and no fun to play as or against. needs a big rework/nerf. in regular 5v5 forget 1v1 with scrouge it wont work it takes for ever so basicly they will hold node anyway and its better to leave them there as youll just waste time and give more points

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Black Storm.6974 said:

When scrolling this Forum I can only wish ArenaNet can stop entirely balancing professions and ban (from the Forum) everyone who whine about balance. I’m so sick of these whiners ruining the Forum with these posts.

When in one of the biggest tournaments min of 2 scrouges are played on 90% of the team its not whinnin its notifing to the devs theres a problem.

I suggest you learn the diffrence.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Exile.8160 said:

When in one of the biggest tournaments min of 2 scrouges are played on 90% of the team its not whinnin its notifing to the devs theres a problem.

I suggest you learn the diffrence.

I don’t see any problem with that, but I understand it is a problem for you and other people.

Edited by Black Storm.6974

Just now, Black Storm.6974 said:

Me? I don’t play Scourge cause I never enjoyed its design. My comment is not about Scourge or any other spec, but about the Forum being full of posts of people asking to buff or nerf things. 

at what point can we complain about scourge? is 90% of the playerbase being a scourge not enough? or do we need to wait longer?
sorry to say but complaining is about all we can do to inform the developers, they dont play the pvp so they dont know any better.
If I was new and just looked at twitch gw2 pvp and saw 100% of players playing 1 class I would think its some sort of visual bug and not a class being this kittening broken but whatever, im old fashioned 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Axl.8924 said:

Guess what? 

No changes to nec scourge or guardian.

Trash just trash balancing in this game. If it where any other class it would have been overly nerf by now.

Pure bias and/or lack of balancing knowledge.

6 minutes ago, Exile.8160 said:

Then thank god you are not a dev.

The problem is not the state of the balance, but people not being happy and whining about it. Balance is a way to address the whining, a bad way who often end up making the problem worse, cause many people start whining more and more hoping to get what they want, like children. 

A game developer is kind of like a parent having to do with children. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Exile.8160 said:

Trash just trash balancing in this game. If it where any other class it would have been overly nerf by now.

Pure bias and/or lack of balancing knowledge.

I can semi understand they are busy balancing leg armor i hear and legendaries, and prob super busy getting EOD for the deadline.

Prob have  along way to. I can't imagine how much work. I just hope when they do they do sensible nerfs and not completely grounding it, like 50% barrier capacity  nerf, and not destroyign scourge completely.

A mechanical nerf maybe to make scourge more glassy 

Just now, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

So people should just quit is what you are saying? Because most people already have.

People quit the game for many things. Too much balance for them, not enough balance for them, balance not going in the subjective direction they wanted, their favourite class being changed or nerfed, etc.

• Confused 1

I can semi understand they are busy balancing leg armor i hear and legendaries, and prob super busy getting EOD for the deadline.

Prob have  along way to. I can't imagine how much work. I just hope when they do they do sensible nerfs and not completely grounding it, like 50% barrier capacity  nerf, and not destroyign scourge completely.

A mechanical nerf maybe to make scourge more glassy 

They've nerf some many classes into the ground before that I belive thats the only way they know how to balance. (War and firebrand come to mind).

At this point is not fair that everyone elses get overnerft in weeks and necs get to just drownd pvp without a care in the world.

So yeah nerf it now fix it later I say.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Exile.8160 said:

They've nerf some many classes into the ground before that I belive thats the only way they know how to balance. (War and firebrand come to mind).

At this point is not fair that everyone elses get overnerft in weeks and necs get to just drownd pvp without a care in the world.

So yeah nerf it now fix it later I say.

They are prob worried that a hasty nerf will leave nec dead or scourge dead.

7 minutes ago, Exile.8160 said:

Why wasnt that a problem for FB, War or the other classes that buried by nerf? Yet for necros they get slaps on the wrist!

I just call it like I see it.

I don't know.

Its a possibility they don't know how to fix scourge. Reaper for instance if a skill is problematic can be fixed, the AOES though create a lot of hate, and like mesmers illusions its part of the design.

Part of the functionality is from it, and thats why it needs changed to function slightly differently, such as the way they made druid squishier well scourge needs to be squishier and barriers less powerful.

The other issue is which dadnir and quoting, they have overloaded stuff that needs to be changed, because if nerfed into the ground, it becomes useless.

It would be nice if other classes too got a treatment of improvement like scourge if needed to fix them if needed.

Edited by Axl.8924

I don't know.

Its a possibility they don't know what to do, because scourge is problematic and they are afradi fo leaving it dead in water after negative reactions from necromancers.

its also possible that they don't care. Whatever it is, i hope they find a solution soon.

nerf it to the ground, fix it later

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Scourge was made to be aoe spam opressive, it was to much for the game but necro overall is very good spot compared with most classes its a strong design with strong skills.

If anet touch much, scourge will loose its design and theme, one way to make scourge squishir is is to make more barrier to allies them to himself, u have classes that heal more others then themselves anyway.

Edited by Aeolus.3615