Legendaries and infusions

So instead of moving legendary gears with bank/shared inventory,

we'll need to remove the cosmetic infusions from each template of a character

then put them inside bank/shared inventory before slotting them again on another character

(ranting because I used to move legendary trinkets with the infusions and now I'll need twice/thrice the shared inventorie slots 🙂 + losing time removing/slotting infus)

• Like 6

Just now, Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

Infusions are not legendary and most can be sold on the TP or mailed because they do not bind. You will have to unequip and trade them as normal.

When they don't stack (different cosmetic infusions as well as wvw etc) that is a collosal pain.    Before this, I simply had my legendary rings/trinkets in shared inventory and could double click to swap with the rings/trinkets that were on the character.  Only updating the stats if needed.  

Now, its unequip, move all those items to shared or to the bank, go to the next character, equip, put on infusions (from shared or bank), set stats.     

Hardly more efficient or helpful. 

• Like 1

Maybe for you, I don't think a lot of us keep transfering infusions like you do.  I do think anet should give us an option to upgrade an infusion to legendary status maybe so we can use expensive cosmetic infusions across characters if needed. (Since the ability to do so is already there, just tedious).  I can see it becomming a thing down the road.  Before anyone says that'll tank the infusion market, I really doubt your average Joe is spending thousands of gold for the same infusions to be worn across different characters.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Same problem as OP here. I share 3 infusions through all my characters.

Before it wasn't much of an issue. I just placed my Legendary ring in the Shared Inventory slot. And I double click to equip again on another character

The process now is just much longer to equip them one-by-one manually and from the H tab. I can't simply double click from Inventory like I used to. Not to mention to remove them one-by-one again if I want to use it on another character.

I think the Legendary Armory idea is great and works fine as it is, but for the people that use Infusions throughout all characters it is not convenient. I hope Anet will think about this soon.

inb4 ''Just buy more Infusions": it's a Chak Egg Sac and the two Moto infusions, so no, I can't just simply buy another one for all my characters.

Edited by Jolanda.1568

Make cosmetic infusions universal like the armory or be able to wardrobe regular +9 agony infusions. (Up to how many actually infusions you have on the account ex: 2 chak infusions means you can only wardrobe up to 2 +9 agony infusions on a different character)

Edited by TheDeafGuy.4519
  • Like 2

Swapping legendaries on the fly is so much harder now since you have to reselect everything....stats, infusions, sigils
previously you at least could have the legendary in your inventory and one template and hot swap it.

They should make it if you  equip a different legendary weapon it takes the stats and the upgrades of the current legendary

• Like 2

This seems like a major oversight.  I use Aurora, Vision, and Ad Infinitum in shared slots with some cosmetic infusions to shuttle them around, and this new system makes that infinitely less convenient.  

I see two solutions.  Allow items to be withdrawn from the armory and they will behave the way they used to, in exchange for not being shared across all characters.  Or, if an item is placed into the armory with an infusion, sigil, etc., make that upgrade accessible for any other item in a separate template.  Otherwise this is a downgrade for using items in this fashion.

• Like 3

The Build Storage feature would have been quite useful if it was for legendary items, so you pop a legendary with infusions and and whatnot into a shared slot across all characters on the account . It actually works like that between templates and you can copy it on the same character on all item templates, it just needs to have a shared slot for the whole account so you can copy it.   

This was my exact concern and I was really really hoping that they would have thought about this. Pretty disappointed.

Legendary armory is great but taking away the actual physical item is not. Letting players choose to keep legs either in armory or in shared slot/bank, would have made more sense. I would rather be able to use weapons across characters and keep Aurora in my shared slot. Plus I was looking forward to having a legendary amulet so more of my characters could use my koda's blessing, but it looks like that won't work out the way I'd hoped.

The other option of course is to create an infusion effect wardrobe, which I would have expected they would have rolled out with the armory if they had any plans to do so.

Now your only option is to either manually remove a cosmetic infusion every time you swap characters, or keep them in ascended pieces, which means you have to spend an extractor if you want to put it in gear with different stats. (Which also takes way too much time.)

Edited by Destrumona.3794
  • Like 3

I was really looking forward to the Legendary Armory.....   I have a number of legendaries I share amongst my characters...   Staffs, Swords, etc....   Since most of my builds are power based it's easy for them to share stuff.    But now instead they have to share infusions and upgrades?   That means Nevermore, which took up one shared slot in my inventory, is now replaced with two infusions and two upgrades?    This feels like a gigantic step backwards to me and makes me want to replace the legendaries with ascendeds that look like legendaries.    At least they won't lose their infusions and upgrades when they go into the shared bank.  

I hope this is something that ANet will address.    It feels ... broken.   The legendary armory should make me happy to use my legendaries, not make me want to stop using them completely.

19 minutes ago, AzureWolf.9150 said:

I was really looking forward to the Legendary Armory.....   I have a number of legendaries I share amongst my characters...   Staffs, Swords, etc....   Since most of my builds are power based it's easy for them to share stuff.    But now instead they have to share infusions and upgrades?   That means Nevermore, which took up one shared slot in my inventory, is now replaced with two infusions and two upgrades?    This feels like a gigantic step backwards to me and makes me want to replace the legendaries with ascendeds that look like legendaries.    At least they won't lose their infusions and upgrades when they go into the shared bank.  

I hope this is something that ANet will address.    It feels ... broken.   The legendary armory should make me happy to use my legendaries, not make me want to stop using them completely.

From the team that brought you kitten so-called 'template' system, and cancelled the wonderful arc templates.

GG

3 hours ago, Quench.7091 said:

As a WvW player, who has little interest in fractals, I have no complaints. I do think that people who only do world PvE might want another way for a+5 stat infusions, though.

I'm more of WvW player as well, but now I can't 3 blasts from inventory as Firebrand without a new template (if you have a legendary weapon in the rotation of 2 Staff => 2 Hammer => 5 Focus => Staff, instead of going back to inventory and replace the weapon used to blast it will just go inside armory in blank state)

I'm already using 6 templates on guardian (pve/wvw/roaming/heal/condi/power...) so i can't easily do it and that's annoying, like some said above I made an ascended staff instead of using my legendary one

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Funky.4861 said:

That sounds like an exploit, Pendraton. I don't care how popular or game-changing it is and i hope that loophole is closed.

Weapon swapping out of combat is completely legit...not sure if you are reading too much into it?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 7/14/2021 at 12:23 AM, Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

Infusions are not legendary and most cosmetic ones can be sold on the TP or mailed because they do not bind. You will have to unequip and trade them as normal.

Perhaps we need a system whereby we have to bind/sacrifice a cosmetic infusion to the Armory in order for it to be shared across your characters. Only cosmetic stat infusions (as well as special enrichments like Koda's Warmth, Otter or the 8th Birthday enrichment) can be added to the Armory in this way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Zaxares.5419 said:

Perhaps we need a system whereby we have to bind/sacrifice a cosmetic infusion to the Armory in order for it to be shared across your characters. Only cosmetic stat infusions (as well as special enrichments like Koda's Warmth, Otter or the 8th Birthday enrichment) can be added to the Armory in this way.

That would be quite awesome

• Thanks 1

On 7/14/2021 at 5:19 PM, Sylvyn.4750 said:

Weapon swapping out of combat is completely legit...not sure if you are reading too much into it?

You specifically said using a weapon in your inventory; that's not weapon-swapping. You also didn't mention out-of-combat, or even what you're doing it for (which i'd hazard a guess is buffing). Seeing as weapon-swapping outside of combat is meaningless aside from pre-buffing, the implication is that you are in combat.