Marionette need be moved to be a raid or be nerfed.

7 minutes ago, Nephalem.8921 said:

The timer is not tight at all if you mean the wardens. If anything staying alive is harder than doing enough dps. You could also just use trailblazer and faceroll. Its simple. If you think the timer is short or hp too high your build is just bad.

Maybe this is a wakeup call for the "play how i want" crowd. They complain about high hp of story bosses aswell though so i doubt it. The content requires at least 25 decent players knowing how to press buttons. The hardest part of the event are the wardens and only the 5th is a bit challenging for some builds.

But its the same as back in 2012. The majority runs their own builds which do 0 damage or/and have low cleave.

My bad, I wasn't clear enough. I meant the timer for setting up once you're in the instance. It's like 1:30 or 2 minutes in the private version, and that's just too little for a general pug. Again, meant for well organized guilds, not pug groups.

The actual champions are very lenient and can be soloed. That said, you don't need "25" decent players. You need 49 of them due to how the platforms fill out. You have two people space out and not go to the portal? Autofail which you're powerless to overturn, no matter how great you personally are.

1 minute ago, Daddy.8125 said:

I walked in with 0 idea what to do. And I pieced it together In a few moments. Even did it on a proffession I didn't know how to play. Or is even remotely close to well geared. 

This event isn't hard. And this doesn't remotely require "perfect builds" either lol. 

And did you walk in to the public one, or to the private one? Because the private one is what many raise issue with due to how stringent it is. Public is fine, but also gone in a week.

Again, I am not advocating for the fight to be nerfed, but to be better adjusted to the fact that what was built as a map-wide boss for 125+ players is now having to do with 50.

I also feel it would be much better if it were a timed world boss instead of a private instance, because that way, it will draw more people and allow for smoother completion once it goes off the public window.

To reiterate: I am not asking for the fight to be easier. Just for the bar of entry to not be made obnoxious once the public instance goes away.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Telgum.6071 said:

As long as is balanced I don't mind this. In fact I prefer it like that, is added pressure and forces you to be good at it. Way better that this +20 minutes Dragonstorm event that can't be failed but it just spamming attacks until the champions fall.

How to become good after insta kill? i played other MMOS with hard content, u learn hard content playing the content. in GW2 we have to ALT+F4 the game and spend some morning watching videos, because playing the hard content game is proibitive.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4

4 hours ago, Soulsignnuub.2098 said:

This doesn't need a nerf.

I would say that allowing platforms that killed their champions to hop to others is a good addition. I've tried 4 times today, failed all 4 because one platform didn't have any players. Sometimes this is due to no brains just staying in lane other times i've had 3 or even 4 people on my platform and other platforms completely empty. We stood there watching the champ stand there in the middle undefeated for over a minute and a half. 

- the platform positioning is random. also theres no signal which platforms need ppl, the portal just become green, if a new player is completely busy mobs he didnt even notice the color changing.

- also there zero indication for first player thats hes need enter on platform, he should be "smart" to figure out that everyone entering on it is a indication that he needs enter too.

- only after pug it 2, 3 times a new player will notice that theres a icon on minimap pointing which platform is currently open.

- if a comander dont organize and keep screaming which platform the subquad division belongs, ofc the entire thing will be a mess.

Edited by ugrakarma.9416
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3

On 7/14/2021 at 10:13 AM, ugrakarma.9416 said:

This "content" need moved to raid or something, at point start requiring specific, strict builds to be beat inst more "open world content". 

That is the LAST reason this should be a raid ... even raids don't require specific strict builds to be successful. I did continue reading more of the posts in this thread ... so many wrong comments not even worth replying to. 

Edited by Obtena.7952

20 hours ago, Soulsignnuub.2098 said:

This doesn't need a nerf.

I would say that allowing platforms that killed their champions to hop to others is a good addition.

That would take away the personal challenge. If people think it's too difficult, they do need to improve.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

That is the LAST reason this should be a raid ... even raids don't require specific strict builds to be successful. I did continue reading more of the posts in this thread ... so many wrong comments not even worth replying to. 

i agree i exagerated, even Raids dont have LFG like "Marionette - Scourge only".

• Confused 1

On 7/14/2021 at 5:42 PM, Tazer.2157 said:

MMO difficulty is a very good discussion. MMOs are played by a variety of people, many are older and gotten into the scene recently. So making content accessible to them would be in everyone's best interests. But nerfing content might not be the way to go about doing it. Instead, the game should ensure players have decent gear and understand basic game mechanics.

GW2 fails at this miserably. It does not teach the mechanics, nor does it prioritize gear during the leveling up process. Its excessively casual approach at letting the player doing whatever they want ends up in many players having zero knowledge about the game. 

It's not that GW2 fails at it. It's that it's designed around players having to learn all of that on their own.

The games that ensure players have decent gear do it by limiting player choices. Either by simply not offering any, or by making the choice obvious. Sometimes also by offering choices that are not meaningfully different.

GW2 goes the other direction - it offers you a multitude of choices, presenting them as if they were equal, and makes the end result of aggregate of those choices impactful, but it also leaves it completely to you to find out which combination of choices is good for what (and which is not good for anything).

It's a design choice that is deeply baked into core mechanics of the game (and such practically impossible to change at this point).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LuRkEr.9462 said:

Yea, not a hard fight at all. I have done 6 public kills now with 1 fail which was on the first day. Just needs the majority of people to understand whats going on. Its no harder than the Drakkar fight.

That's public. The win/loss stats for the private version are similar, but in the other direction. And that's even with squads being able to filter out players, whic public versions can't do.

Which, btw, clearly shows that it's not the skill requirement per se that is a problem here, but the fight not scaling too well to lower amount of players.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

That's public. The win/loss stats for the private version are similar, but in the other direction. And that's even with squads being able to filter out players, whic public versions can't do.

Which, btw, clearly shows that it's not the skill requirement per se that is a problem here, but the fight not scaling too well to lower amount of players.

I have only done 1 private which succeeded, but it was not hard at all. Most of the people in the squad were guild mates though or friends of them. If you just open a random squad and ask for 50 people you are probably going to get plenty of those people who have no idea what to do that occasionally cause public ones to fail also. 

Two people per platform is easy, but only if those two people are competent. In public I see 2 people down on a platform and 1 person soloing the champ all the time, private doesn't get that luxury. Have to pick the right people.

I do kind of hope they leave the public version in, atleast for a month or so for people to use, but the problem is more of the players and not the encounter. The answer to everything isn't nerf it, sometimes its get better.

• Like 1

On 7/14/2021 at 10:13 PM, ugrakarma.9416 said:

This "content" need moved to raid or something, at point start requiring specific, strict builds to be beat inst more "open world content". 

At some point the LFG will be infested with same toxic old song that exists in T4 fractals or raids, "LF - Scourge"(or whatsover)..

Insta kills AoE mechanics + strict "everyone be sucessful on first try or the entire thing fail" is a raid level difficult.

INST even a matter of coordination, Triple Trouble requires extremy coordination, but doenst requires everyone on a "perfect build", also have a room for try/error learning curve.

the "nerf" they dont need touch on HP/Damage, just change the platform to solo champ phase..., even on T4 fractals or "hard" strike missions theres nothing like this, the Whisper of Jormag, the solo phase the foe is a paper.

If you think the said content is raid level, you probably haven't raided before.

The point of failure in this fight occurs when players rely on others to CC an enemy, which can also happen in fights like Samarog or Soulless Horror.

Instead of trying to DPS down an enemy when they have a blue CC bar, learn to CC them first.

When you CC them, they take extra damage from you still.

Ah also, dodge.

You can easily solo the champs with a mediocre build. 

• Like 3

Just now, artcreator.4859 said:

Please do not move it to a raid or nerf it.  Most world bosses are too easy. This one has actual challenge and actual gameplay. It’s perfect

They won't. I hope. This fight is well placed instanced world boss. We need more content like this going forward.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, artcreator.4859 said:

Please do not move it to a raid or nerf it.  Most world bosses are too easy. This one has actual challenge and actual gameplay. It’s perfect

19 minutes ago, codedbykush.2019 said:

They won't. I hope. This fight is well placed instanced world boss. We need more content like this going forward.

I hope they dont nerf it, but only if the public version stays permanently. If the public version goes, i think the squad versions will sadly need nerfed simply due to how little margin of error there is. That margin is wider in the public version, but still present thankfully.

Its the perfect level of difficulty moving forward i think, and the only thing thats needed is loot drops from mobs since there is a risk a of failing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dante.1763 said:

I hope they dont nerf it, but only if the public version stays permanently. If the public version goes, i think the squad versions will sadly need nerfed simply due to how little margin of error there is. That margin is wider in the public version, but still present thankfully.

Its the perfect level of difficulty moving forward i think, and the only thing thats needed is loot drops from mobs since there is a risk a of failing.

There is a public version? Is it with 50 or more? I can not imagine how it would go. Love to see how it goes though.

2 minutes ago, codedbykush.2019 said:

There is a public version? Is it with 50 or more? I can not imagine how it would go. Love to see how it goes though.

There is! It is once every two hours at the Scrying Pool. It's easier than the private version since you can get more people in. Apparently it will be gone on Tuesday, though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, codedbykush.2019 said:

There is. It has 80 players, gives a little bit more margin of error  room and its why i want it to stay, along with it not being gatekept in anyway i should add. I dont like the squad version due to how little room there is for mistakes along with the gatekeeping thats already started.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, codedbykush.2019 said:

If you think the said content is raid level, you probably haven't raided before.

Of course he didn't. The facts don't matter here, what's important for some people is complaining about everything until they'll be able to get rewards for holding 1 or afking/semi-afking throughout the event. Here's an example from this thread by the same person, where he tries to pretend there's no indication to enter the gate, other than the gate changing to green:

19 hours ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

- the platform positioning is random. also theres no signal which platforms need ppl, the portal just become green, if a new player is completely busy mobs he didnt even notice the color changing.

- also there zero indication for first player thats hes need enter on platform, he should be "smart" to figure out that everyone entering on it is a indication that he needs enter too.

- only after pug it 2, 3 times a new player will notice that theres a icon on minimap pointing which platform is currently open.

Meanwhile in reality there's multiple types of indicators and since he got that fact layed out to him, he dropped it completely and moved on to another completely false pseudo-argument about people requiring not only "specific builds", but apparently also literally a single class/espec in order to complete the content 🙃 

Nothing about that is true. He's just shooting blanks and hopes something sticks and I think everyone should be well aware of that.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Dante.1763 said:

The main reason I think leaving public version on a regular timer would be useful, is to possibly make it easier to find a group due to making the times people look for squads less spread out. Not a huge problem now, but the population can -and probably will- get much more diluted over the time.

3 minutes ago, codedbykush.2019 said:

This actually happened?

Yup, it's like 3rd post on this page of this thread. Then gets a response from someone showing he's wrong and moves on to another weird claim that "makes it worse than raids". 🙄 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1