How to destroy the necro meta

10 minutes ago, OuterOcean.2418 said:

Literarly just play warrior, berserker will just delete their hp, spell breaker does infinite cc against them, and core will just dance everywhere until they die. Especially after the warrior buff they got in great fortitude. 

Only prob is pretty much everything else counters the war sadly. (Speaking as if there all of the same skill level)

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, OuterOcean.2418 said:

Literarly just play warrior, berserker will just delete their hp, spell breaker does infinite cc against them, and core will just dance everywhere until they die. Especially after the warrior buff they got in great fortitude. 

you are assuming that warrior is allowed to touch a node and remain alive more then 15s against scourge team, berserker builds lack cleanse, you get feared, crippled, weakend, slowed, chilled, blinded to kitten and die cuz you cant cleanse for kitten.
I bet you can meme them once with rifle unblockable through cpc, but after that 1 shot, you are dead meat for the rest of the game as they will staff spam you while LoS every time you show yourself ( remember you cant cleanse for kitten lul )
And as someone that plays a fair bunch of absolute 100% damage ranger build, often even landing entire burst doesnt kill those kittens. If there are 3 scourges you legit will have to go through close to 60k worth of hp, add in toughness and protection and lel

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

you are assuming that warrior is allowed to touch a node and remain alive more then 15s against scourge team, berserker builds lack cleanse, you get feared, crippled, weakend, slowed, chilled, blinded to kitten and die cuz you cant cleanse for kitten.
I bet you can meme them once with rifle unblockable through cpc, but after that 1 shot, you are dead meat for the rest of the game as they will staff spam you while LoS every time you show yourself ( remember you cant cleanse for kitten lul )
And as someone that plays a fair bunch of absolute 100% damage ranger build, often even landing entire burst doesnt kill those kittens. If there are 3 scourges you legit will have to go through close to 60k worth of hp, add in toughness and protection and lel

Rofl you are fine to be completely wrong, you obviously don't know what you are talking about ever since you said warrior "don't cleanse for kitten lul". Necros will always get kitten on by warriors and there is nothing you can do to stop it. 3 scourges will make an enemy warrior stronger.

Edited by OuterOcean.2418
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, Crab Fear.1624 said:

Can you link some videos of yourself doing this?

I kearn better visually, text is too hard to follow though 

You meant a dedicated montage of warriors destroying necros? Yeah there is a ton of them on youtube.

3 hours ago, OuterOcean.2418 said:

Rofl you are fine to be completely wrong, you obviously don't know what you are talking about ever since you said warrior "don't cleanse for kitten lul". Necros will always get kitten on by warriors and there is nothing you can do to stop it. 3 scourges will make an enemy warrior stronger.

actually delusional, and you cant read to boot.
I said berserker not warrior. which does indeed struggle with cleansing.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, OuterOcean.2418 said:

This is amazing advice people simply won't accept. 

As a necro main for almost a decade now, I will say I never lose to warriors.  But warriors, berserkers, and spellbreakers are the single best answer to all necros and when as skilled as the necro are straight up unkillable and an instant death if you decide to fight them. If more warriors were good at their class, they'd managed to topple the mythological "necro meta" instantly.   Ultimate, warrior vs necro is currently balanced right now.  It's just a matter of making players understand that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Sooo op probs wanna ghost nerf warrior or what? 

Cause last time I checked even if Necro is op, not everyone likes to play it. There is always that odd one in the enemy team who is a thief. A mesmer. A druid. Stuff a berserker can't deal with. Stuff that can counter core and spellbreaker as well. 

Yes, we have known since day 1 that warriors can counter necros. No kitten. Deal here is to make an anti-Necro warrior that can carry out its role as a roamer/sidenoder. 

If the solution was this simple I assure you, no warrior would make suggestions for improvement of defense/berserker/Arms and whole types of utilities. 

Thread kinda pointless. I can make one and say "you know how to shut down a warrior meta? Roll thieves!"

Edited by Grand Marshal.4098
  • Confused 1

I mean, sure a necro is going to eat the damage from 100B after they eat a bulls charge, but they won't die from it, and as someone said, if there are 3 scourges there then you have to eat through 60k hp worth of barrier+HP. Warrior can't put out those kinds of numbers at the moment. Sure it can burst cleanse the condis, but it'll end up with same number of stacks on them 2s later.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

actually delusional, and you cant read to boot.
I said berserker not warrior. which does indeed struggle with cleansing.

Rofl you lost the argument when you decided to self project due to how delusional you are. I said warrior, you just cried about just 1 spec which is meant for extreme burst damage not cleansing. Plus berserker does have cleanses in 2 charges as well, and one that makes them close to immune to cc for 4 seconds, and they have enough to delete necros without any problem.

6 hours ago, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Oh look! Looks like a necro got beat by a better player on war......

Necro is one of the few at the top right now and u speak of a class at the bottom as if it's oppressive. Get getter!

Next thread.

Actually I went 18/1 kd when I stomped 2 necros on the other team yesterday. What I did just kill them first because they cannot out heal 40k dps in 4 seconds.

15 hours ago, OuterOcean.2418 said:

While the ideal of your suggestion is correct, warrior will need a bit more help before it is viable to do what you claim it can atm. 

I am not for pushing necros down into obscurity. I think the easiest way to fix this is to take berserker, which is currently bad, and make it good so there is an answer to scourges.

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, OuterOcean.2418 said:

If you wanted my build that I do 18-1 with then here http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwAEdflJwEZJMKWJO+W6tKA-zZILkGjgMLhSTAbHA and I cant do montages there's tons of them on youtube.

At least this guy backs up "Use Axe 5 unironically" with balanced stance. Props for that instead of just assuming people will let you get away with it like a couple of other "Warrior is good" claimants floated.  

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Confused 1

Bruh look at this dude. Where's the warrior pride and respect to your fellow fighters 😪

A nice build you got there, but that's supposed to be a team fighter zerker right? Aside from mending no condi clear. Not even brawler's or sigil. Not even a second stunbreak, no Savage Instinct. Unless you are god tier and you simply deny to show it to us, I'm willing to say your enemies are bad, because a smart scourge will delete you before you even finish casting mending.

Edited by Grand Marshal.4098
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, OuterOcean.2418 said:

Actually I went 18/1 kd when I stomped 2 necros on the other team yesterday. What I did just kill them first because they cannot out heal 40k dps in 4 seconds.

give us your magical 40k dps in 4s amazing meta breaking berserker with amazing cleansing build 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

This guy thinks melee build with 0 cleansing can with against scourge.
He also takes 1 stun-break on 60s cd that pulses stability against scourge.
He thinks he counters scourge, what I see is a build that will get feared to kitten and die in 15s by " 3 supports "
that are virtually immune to his damage, the moment he uses his way to remove the stun he can no longer operate on a node, as people usually play 2-3 scourges, and 3 scourges can uptime over 50s of pulsing corruption, not even counting other corrupting effects, or kitten like weakness.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1