Live Stream makes EoD seem like a Bare Minimum Money Grab.....

PvP-

No SPvP mention at all.....

No WvW innovations, just Alliances which is really just  a matchmaking formula.....

No Mention of Arena....

No mention of any kind of Open World PvP....

PvE

No Raids.....

No Dungeons......

All replaced down to the bare minimum of Strikes and Challenge Strikes.

Features

No player housing.....

No underwater content......

No new weapons shown.....

No new races.......

No new classes......

What we got.....

Instead we got fishing.....you know....that thing from 25 year old MMO's where you stand there.....you know....the AFK farm activity in other MMO's....what a big game changing feature!

And Skiff's....which is literally a mount we already have........

A turtle.....1 mount...you know....that thing we got multiple times from just patches

Specializations.....this is always fun....but it's basically the one feature included in the entire expansion.

This whole expansion so far from the Live Stream just seems like a minimum possible delivery to grab money. Do they expect people to pay for this?

Edited by Luclinraider.2317
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 11
  • Sad 1

As yes some content cleary missing, raids etc..

Some were just asking and putting expectation on things that we already know will not happend.

New race ? already been talk to the death and the anwser is it's too much work there is no way to implement them cleanly.

Player housing. Why we are entitelted to this feature ? i mean sure it's nice but not like they promised us unlike already existings contents that is already in the game that need update.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, WindBlade.8749 said:

As yes some content cleary missing, raids etc..

Some were just asking and putting expectation on things that we already know will not happend.

New race ? already been talk to the death and the anwser is it's too much work there is no way to implement them cleanly.

Player housing. Why we are entitelted to this feature ? i mean sure it's nice but not like they promised us unlike already existings contents that is already in the game that need update.

I mean, we aren't entitled to anything....but they aren't entitled to our money....

And with so many MMO's coming out in the next 6 months and people leaving WoW in mass, they had to deliver a reason to come to GW2....they didn't.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 5

Just now, Luclinraider.2317 said:

I mean, we aren't entitled to anything....but they aren't entitled to our money....

And with so many MMO's coming out in the next 6 months and people leaving WoW in mass, they had to deliver a reason to come to GW2....they didn't.

yes they should put new features but what i'm saying is that people say kitten aenet when they didn't put their favorite "wanted list" feature they never promise we will get, as if they are the "game director" that decide what the game should have and what it's should have not.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Im not gonna say money grab, yet. HOWEVER. Previous expansions had massive game changing features added. Mounts, Gliding(Masteries as well for HOT that introduced it.) and a new class.

EOD didnt announce anything on that level yet.

Alliances has been talked about for much longer than the expansion so it doesnt count, Fishing, a new mount that can fit two players, and..thats it really.

My question still is, what is this expansion going to offer on the level of previous game changing features.

Things that would blow people away that would be new: New race(Yes its alot of work, thats what would make it so mind blowing), New class, New base weapon type/s for all classes, Housing. Those are selling points. Everything so far shown is an expectation duo to previous releases. Including the new maps.

And no, i dont think its such a bad thing. I just hope they do have something big.

Edited by Dante.1763
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

Just now, Dante.1763 said:

Im not gonna say money grab, yet. HOWEVER. Previous expansions had massive game changing features added. Mounts, Gliding(Masteries as well for HOT that introduced it.) and a new class.

EOD didnt announce anything on that level yet.

Alliances has been talked about for much longer than the expansion so it doesnt count, Fishing, a new mount that can fit two players, and..thats it really.

My question still is, what is this expansion going to offer on the level of previous game changing features.

I agree with this.....

The previous 2 expansions added SO much to the game.

This expansion doesn't seem to add anything except the specializations.....

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, Bristingr.5034 said:

It was a first look. I'll wait and see what they do for the next showcase.

I agree as I love the game and am still holding hope...but they REALLY need to deliver.

The Announcement Live Stream for PoF was HYPE and showed tons of game changing features....this showed us a boat and 1 mount......oh and fishing...lol.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

Just now, TheArtOfMouts.7468 said:

The new masteries are fishing, boat & turtle

So far, nothing more.
Is there more space for something game changing ?
I guess not.

Why wouldn't they show it in their reveal?

The whole point was to hype their expansion.....they wouldn't hold back the big features....

These were their big features...and they were bad.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

29 minutes ago, Luclinraider.2317 said:

PvP-

No SPvP mention at all.....

No WvW innovations, just Alliances which is really just  a matchmaking formula.....

No Mention of Arena....

No one wants open world PvP. No one. Except for those who have that childish need of proving to any bypasser how much "better" they are than them. :classic_rolleyes: What a waste of time. Go beat them up in the PvP arena if it's that urgent to you.

They've never said anything about new WvW content in their blog posts of things to come. So why would you be expecting those things in an expansion preview? :classic_huh:

PvE

No Raids.....

No Dungeons......

All replaced down to the bare minimum of Strikes and Challenge Strikes.

Dungeons have been a dead horse for an eternity now, get over it.

Raids are a niche, Strikes are a lot more attractive to the majority of players. Also, the way they seem to be woven into the story of this expansion made them sound very attractive to me, time- and content-wise.

Features

No player housing.....

No underwater content......

No new weapons shown.....

No new races.......

No new classes......

First of, you don't know about all those things. Only a small amount of stuff has been revealed today.

I am quite certain that there will be underwater content to some extent. There was a lot of focus on water in this preview.

We don't know anything yet about armor sets or weapons, so your assessment might be a little premature there as well.

New races - I admit, it seems unlikely at this point, but we still might be pleasantly surprised, who knows?

Why don't we simply wait until we have received all the information? Just a thought...

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

5 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

No one wants open world PvP. No one. Except for those who have that childish need of proving to any bypasser how much "better" they are than them. :classic_rolleyes: What a waste of time. Go beat them up in the PvP arena if it's that urgent to you.

They've never said anything about new WvW content in their blog posts of things to come. So why would you be expecting those things in an expansion preview? :classic_huh:

Dungeons have been a dead horse for an eternity now, get over it.

Raids are a niche, Strikes are a lot more attractive to the majority of players. Also, the way they seem to be woven into the story of this expansion made them sound very attractive to me, time- and content-wise.

First of, you don't know about all those things. Only a small amount of stuff has been revealed today.

I am quite certain that there will be underwater content to some extent. There was a lot of focus on water in this preview.

We don't know anything yet about armor sets or weapons, so your assessment might be a little premature there as well.

New races - I admit, it seems unlikely at this point, but we still might be pleasantly surprised, who knows?

Why don't we simply wait until we have received all the information? Just a thought...

This was the big reveal, the whole purpose was to hype their expansion.

I agree...there could be stuff left out yet to be announced, but I doubt it will be anything big and feature heavy...why would they leave that out of the big reveal?

I mean...fishing? That's like a patch....that's about as big as sitting in chairs......c'mon.

• Like 3
  • Confused 4

Just now, Luclinraider.2317 said:

I mean...fishing? That's like a patch....that's about as big as sitting in chairs......c'mon.

In general, I would agree on that (wasn't part of my wishlist, either). However, they did make it sound like fun - so I'll wait and see for myself.

Also, I thought co-op mounts and the return of the Aetherblade were both quite interesting reveals. Again, it all depends on their final implementation, but until I haven't seen them with my own eyes, I can't say whether it's "nay" or "yay." For now, I think the former (co-op mounts) sounds like a worthy expansion feature.

Besides, the best feature of every expansion is always its overall quality: exciting new locations and activities, a thrilling plot, and overall excellent writing and design. If those aren't present, no "special feature" can save the content. Since those cannot be judged until we have actually played through the content, I am not going to prematurely badmouth the expansion just because something I badly wanted to hear wasn't mentioned (yet).

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Luclinraider.2317 said:

PvP-

Hell no, keep that nonsense out of GW2. Both sPvP and WvW offer different flavours of PvP, anyone who is interested in PvP can do those. Adding Open World PvP will immediately ruin open world by plauging it with players who can't do well in proper PvP game modes trying to stroke their bruised ego by ganking and griefing other players.

Edited by Savoren.3910
  • Like 5
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, TheArtOfMouts.7468 said:

The new masteries are fishing, boat & turtle

So far, nothing more.
Is there more space for something game changing ?
I guess not.

There are 5 new masteries get the wax out of your ears. They said this is only the beginning they are going to announce more throughout the rest of the year. God people just run with scissors around here. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1