Innovator

Lurker.3609

The word innovator does not necessarily relate to our elite spec here. I doubt that they reveal the elite spec name like this.

Also I think the last icon is the one for the engineer, since it basically is an evolution of our core bomb icon. I know, many people believe that it is the icon of the necromancer because they might get elixirs, but I think it is more likely that the icon with the bullet will be the one for necromancer.

Edited by Kodama.6453
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, DeceiverX.8361 said:

Is there a confirmation on this being tied to Engi?

I actually think it's going to be a martial class.

Every Focus skin they've released pretty much since HoT looks like a Katar, and that looks like a person with arms.  I think Monk is a big possibility.

There is no confirmation, no, it is just speculation. I think the icon he refers to is actually supposed to be guardian and the last one with the bomb is engineer.

1 minute ago, Kodama.6453 said:

There is no confirmation, no, it is just speculation. I think the icon he refers to is actually supposed to be guardian and the last one with the bomb is engineer.

Yeah worded poorly on my part - I think the profession which does have the icon in question will be a monk, but I don't think it'll be Engineer (It'll be a martial class like War or Guard).

as long as were speculating here im gonna go with
mesmer, warrior, thief, ele, necro, rev, ranger, guard, engi

virtuoso is pretty out of theme for a name when clearly bladedancer takes about 5 secs to think of, but if thief doesnt get ninja/assassin im gonna flip tables, and if engi DOES get alchemist im gonna flip tables

Edited by insanemaniac.2456

6 hours ago, insanemaniac.2456 said:

as long as were speculating here im gonna go with
mesmer, warrior, thief, ele, necro, rev, ranger, guard, engi

virtuoso is pretty out of theme for a name when clearly bladedancer takes about 5 secs to think of, but if thief doesnt get ninja/assassin im gonna flip tables, and if engi DOES get alchemist im gonna flip tables

You know... a Thief is already an assassin. And an Engineer is already an alchemist. It's all over the core trait lines.

Edited by MrForz.1953

I could see that being the case. I typed up a reply thinking it wouldn't, initially. 

The first picture most likely relates to a group of people rather than the player-engineer. NPCs don't usually have e-specs. But, it could be a situation like Spellbreaker and Sunspears. I think it's also worth mentioning that e-specs that directly relate to the culture the expansion takes place in isn't exactly the norm. Usually something more along the lines of "It's hot and there is sand everywhere, so Necromancers summon these sand devil shades" kind of thing. The PoF e-specs were more influenced by location than the HoT ones, in my opinion. 

I do think if it was a case that the first picture represents the idea that the playable engineer is based on, then the icon that you circled makes sense to me. I don't think that last icon is a bomb. Doesn't have a fuse and has one of those over-exaggerated spouts. 

Kind of a bit preemptive of me. But, while I think the idea is neat, I would be a very slightly upset to get another Engineer e-spec that replaces fashion and has strong cultural influences that make it feel unnatural on certain races. 

Edited by SkyCakeLight.3750
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, MrForz.1953 said:

You know... a Thief is already an assassin. And an Engineer is already an alchemist. It's all over the core trait lines.

thief doesnt have a core trait line named assassination and assassin was a gw1 thing. and an icon that is 2 katanas or wakizashis with initiative diamonds? itd be too much to not name it ninja or assassin.

engi on the other hand, has alchemy. exactly. yuck.

6 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Splat art for the next espec has necro green, a pistol, and what looks like a potion vial. So I think the last icon is for the new Necro spec.

Beginning to suspect the same.

With the Witch Hunter name revealed, I'm wondering if it'll be Pistol + Alchemy, the latter having immense similarity to Witchers.

EDIT: Name Unconfirmed

Edited by DeceiverX.8361

18 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Splat art for the next espec has necro green, a pistol, and what looks like a potion vial. So I think the last icon is for the new Necro spec.

We will see in 3 weeks, when the necromancer spec is in the beta so we can see their icon.

I still believe the bullet icon belongs to them. The swirl around it and the things left and right could be there to inficate dark magic, like a cursed bullet. There has been a cursed bullet skill in the past for deadeye, but they removed it. Maybe they want to bring it back thematically and giving it to necromancer is the most thematically fitting, considering that they are the class which literally deals with curses.

I still can't imagine that they would use an icon for necromancer which resembles the core engineer icon so much, it makes no sense. The bullet is more neutral here.

And someone pointed out a detail about the 8th icon for me which reinforced my belief that this is supposed to be the guardian icon: it references the core class icon once again, like many icons in this set do. The ankh is a symbol associated with guardians and while hard to see, it is hinted in this design.

The head of the figure (the circle) is the hole in the ankh, the torso is the tapered lower end of it. And the arms left and right are exaggerated appendages of the ankh on each side.

I spent quite alot of time analysing these icons yet and I always come to the conclusion that the last icon is engineer.

Edited by Kodama.6453

On 7/27/2021 at 8:18 PM, Lurker.3609 said:

Behold your engineer elite spec, the Innovator.

Name is used both in the trailer and on the End of Dragons page. Apparently it has something to do with prosthetic dragonjade limbs too.

https://i.imgur.com/CzJwsZ9.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/QQW09nW.png

If it is in the same order as the PoF elites then the classes from left to right would be:

Top row

Engineer

Guardian

thief

warrior

mesmer

necromancer

bottom row

elementalist

ranger

revenant

This would point to engineer getting a bow perhaps, the symbols do seem to add up for this with the mask being the mesmer and the heavy helmet being guardian and double swords being thief (maybe assassin?)

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Stalima.5490 said:

If it is in the same order as the PoF elites then the classes from left to right would be:

Top row

Engineer

Guardian

thief

warrior

mesmer

necromancer

bottom row

elementalist

ranger

revenant

This would point to engineer getting a bow perhaps, the symbols do seem to add up for this with the mask being the mesmer and the heavy helmet being guardian and double swords being thief (maybe assassin?)

This is obviously not the case, tho.

In your interpretation here, the Virtuoso would have the mempo as their icon.... why should they get this one which has no relation to the theme of the class as far as we have seen, while there is literally an icon with throwing daggers?

Or the necromancer would be the 6th icon here.... come on, it is absolutely impossible for this icon not to represent revenant. It has the third eye of the core revenant icon in it, this is the most obvious elite spec icon in the entire set.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

This is obviously not the case, tho.

In your interpretation here, the Virtuoso would have the mempo as their icon.... why should they get this one which has no relation to the theme of the class as far as we have seen, while there is literally an icon with throwing daggers?

Or the necromancer would be the 6th icon here.... come on, it is absolutely impossible for this icon not to represent revenant. It has the third eye of the core revenant icon in it, this is the most obvious elite spec icon in the entire set.

Relax, I said "if", HoT didn't have them in the same order so it is likely not going to be that exact order.

On 7/27/2021 at 9:18 PM, Lurker.3609 said:

One detail I want to point out about this character, btw: this is not the engineer elite spec.

This character is human and engineer elite specs are always showcased in art by Charr. Core engi, scrapper, holosmith, they are all Charr in their art.

This one is most likely the "agender engineer" who is voiced by Ry Chase, mentioned in the livestream. It could be that the engineer elite spec deals with prostheses, but this character image alone is not real evidence. Just because this one character in the lore has a prosthesis does not mean that our class will deal with them in general.

40 minutes ago, Stalima.5490 said:

Top row

Engineer

Guardian

thief

warrior

mesmer

necromancer

bottom row

elementalist

ranger

revenant

I like this theory.

Also, the mask is something that's very thematic to the mesmer, this is even the first piece of armor you get so I don't think it can't have this symbol.

26 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

One detail I want to point out about this character, btw: this is not the engineer elite spec.

It's a cyborg! But you're right, the branch of enginiery that will give the e-spec might be opposed to those practice just like scourge's magic is deliberatly different from joko's.

Just now, Dadnir.5038 said:

I like this theory.

Also, the mask is something that's very thematic to the mesmer, this is even the first piece of armor you get so I don't think it can't have this symbol.

As pointed out, the theory is obvious to be wrong. It is a fun little thought, but nothing of substance. Icon 6 has to be revenant, there is no way around it, it literally has the third eye of the core rev icon in it's design.

And while mesmer uses masks in their starting armor pieces, the mempo has no thematical relevance for virtuoso as far as we have seen.

2 minutes ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

It's a cyborg! But you're right, the branch of enginiery that will give the e-spec might be opposed to those practice just like scourge's magic is deliberatly different from joko's.

It doesn't even need to necessarily oppose the jade technology. In fact, I think engineer will embrace it for it's elite spec, but not in form of prostheses. I think the last icon in the list, with the flask/bomb icon, will be engineer and that the object inside of it is supposed to be a Jade shard to represent the connection to Dragonjade Tech.

We have seen many different uses for Dragonjade in the livestream already. Like the big generators hidden under the city (Kaineng?). Or even this character here has flasks with green liquids, additionally to their prosthesis.

My point is: This one specific character here has a prosthesis, but this does not mean that our elite spec is related to this usage of Dragonjade. It could also be that Anet just wanted some more representation in their characters.

Most likely, this character is supposed to be Jao (I might spell the name wrong), the agender engineer voiced by Ry Chase, mentioned in the livestream. The character already represents a minority by being agender, but he is also a disabled character with a prosthesis, obviously.