Remove mounts, gliding, links etc, make wvw competative again

Daredevil.2745

1. Make wvw a lobby type gamemode with as many lobbies as long as there are enough players to fill them, so it was impossible to have much more players.

1. Remove mounts.

2. Remove gliding.

3. Remove buffs in structures.

4. Remove food.

5. Add amulet system from PvP to WvW.

6. Remove desert borderland, everyone should be in same conditions = to have same borderlands.

THANK YOU, otherwise there is no point to play. Without these changes the gamemode is exptremely unfair and toxic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 17
  • Confused 15
  • Sad 3

So you want spvp with big maps....

You don't even state what limit you want for population in the lobbies.

But the funny thing is, the most unbalancing thing is the population on maps, and the only way to actually control that is to have very low caps. Because the higher you go, the less likely you will have equal numbers at all times, and the longer it would take for extra lobbies to spin up due to waiting on sides to be even before entering.

How do I know this? because that's been a problem for world of warcraft battlegrounds for 16 years, sometimes you might wait 2 mins for a match, sometimes you have to wait 10mins, depending on your server. Oh and that's with only two sides and megaserver populations to wait on, guess how it will be trying to form three teams instead.

Anyways, the moment you mentioned lobby game mode, you're basically asking for another game mode. I don't see why they need to replace wvw completely with another completely different mode, there are actually people who like how wvw is setup, and don't actually want it entirely replaced, tweaks like population control sure, but not replaced.

You might as well go to the spvp forums and ask them to add wvw maps in there instead.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Telgum.6071 said:

I can't tell if this thread is full on sarcasm or what.

Seems plausible to be truth, there is a fair amount of players dreaming on WvW being a plain field to fight and that's all...

There's a couple arenas waiting for them to use then.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Daredevil.2745 said:

1. Make wvw a lobby type gamemode with as many lobbies as long as there are enough players to fill them, so it was impossible to have much more players.

Go to EotM

1. Remove mounts.

Go to EotM

2. Remove gliding.

Go to EotM

3. Remove buffs in structures.

Go to EotM

4. Remove food.

Go to sPvP

5. Add amulet system from PvP to WvW.

Go to sPvP

6. Remove desert borderland, everyone should be in same conditions = to have same borderlands.

RBL is fun once you know how to navigate it. L2P. I hope we get a heavy water map with EoD to use the skiff on. 

THANK YOU, otherwise there is no point to play. Without these changes the gamemode is exptremely unfair and toxic.

The only thing toxic about this game mode is team chat. Linking could use work on the fairness part though.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Daredevil.2745 said:

Everyone who disagrees just wants to continue abusing the current unfair system, nothing else.

Everyone who wants what you want don't care about anything but their ego and how they can feed it, nothing else.

I can make baseless statements too.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

You don't even state what limit you want for population in the lobbies.

it doesnt matter if players are allowed to enter the match from lobby in equal numbers, 1 plsyers leave 1 more allowed to enter. the mapcap doesnt matter, linkings and alliences will not help.

1 hour ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

RBL is fun once you know how to navigate it. L2P. I hope we get a heavy water map with EoD to use the skiff on. 

im' not talking if it is bad or not, im talking about everyone have same border becasue it is unfair when smb have easier or harder map.

1 hour ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Go to sPvP

i see, you want to use meta class + best food combined with structres buffs and so on agains players who don't use it for easy wins. as i said, people defending current system want to continiue to abuse it, nothing else. and they call it wvw

Edited by Daredevil.2745
  • Haha 4

31 minutes ago, Daredevil.2745 said:

i see, you want to use meta class + best food combined with structres buffs and so on agains players who don't use it for easy wins. as i said, people defending current system want to continiue to abuse it, nothing else. and they call it wvw

So wait, wait... Is this about you being cheap? You don't want to use/buy consumables or Ascended gear?

I'll bet you're one of those type that won't be happy until every class is the same, the only weapon we have is a stick, and the only skill we have is "bonk with stick for 1 damage". 

If the Amulet system were added to WvW, ANet may as well delete half the available stats in the game and keep only Berserker and Minstrel, because WvW is the only place any other stat sees any use. All the Amulet system does is reduce diversity and limit creativity. 
I would personally quit the game for good if it were ever to happen. It has nothing to do with "abusing" anything, it's about tailoring builds to my specific needs and desires, and not wanting to play the same thing everyone else is playing. 

• Like 6

All valid points and understand the frustration

• The game mode indeed needs improvements as confirmed by devs 🤔
  • Around the time when the first EOD teaser was released, there has been discussions on 50 vs 50 PvP match/modes (not sure if it's still on the table)
  • Issues with WvW has been present over the years, a consolidated list can be found here (feel free to add): List-your-top-wvw-concerns-over-the-years-[comments/feedbacks/solutions]
  • Based on the live stream, development flow appears to have become 'incremental' in iterative phases (Agile/Scrum/Kanban)
  • Alliances will be going into beta for testing & feedbacks in the coming months 😁
  • Until then, don't lose hope! Hope this helps! 👍

it doesnt matter if players are allowed to enter the match from lobby in equal numbers, 1 plsyers leave 1 more allowed to enter. the mapcap doesnt matter, linkings and alliences will not help.

4 hours ago, Daredevil.2745 said:

1. Make wvw a lobby type gamemode with as many lobbies as long as there are enough players to fill them, so it was

You have to have a limit somewhere if you want to spawn multiple lobbies.

What is the maximum amount of players per lobby?

How many maps are you spawning in those lobbies?

Is it one map per lobby?

Is it four maps per lobby?

Is it whatever amount of maps and whatever amount of lobbies so anet better get whatever amount of servers for whatever amount of people shows up for whenever?

How are you going to handle queues?

Is there a scoring system? and for what purpose if it's all separate lobbies and not actual server matching?

Guilds will also need to know this, can they fit their 20-30 people on a map?

Since they're being allowed to enter one at a time?

Should they expect to wait an hour to get 30 members into 1 map?

Because it will now rely on the other sides shoving a bunch of people in too?

Isn't this just going to lead to other servers trolling bigger populated servers?

What happens if two servers decide to troll and not log anyone into a map?

We just end up with a dead lobby?

Is there a minimum before the 1 to 1 matching?

Are you even keeping the sides server separated?

Are you matching through megaserver like eotm?

Do we keep oils and stones? you only mentioned food?

Why not go to spvp and ask them to put in wvw maps?

It's would be much easier to implement?

They already have the whole structure in place?

Just insert new map?

We've already discussed one to one entry into maps many times over the years?

It was a terrible idea every time..? no wait..!

So you wanna try that again?

?

⁉️

Edited by XenesisII.1540

im' not talking if it is bad or not, im talking about everyone have same border becasue it is unfair when smb have easier or harder map.

That isn’t even the reason lol. It’s an endgame sandbox. It was always meant to use pve gear.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

Is there a scoring system? and for what purpose if it's all separate lobbies and not actual server matching?

Guilds will also need to know this, can they fit their 20-30 people on a map?

24 hours matches, fluent lobbies filling with players waiting in q (new match doesn't start if there are not enough players left), same scoring as it is now, no servers (people fill empty slots and have a priority to get in the same 24 hour match if they were already there during the past 24 hours). as for guilds and friends who want to play together, well it is a sacrifice for the balanced matched.

amulate system and less diversity is also a sacrifice for the balance

Edited by Daredevil.2745
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

Just now, Daredevil.2745 said:

as for guild and friend who want to play together, well it is a sacrifice for the balanced matched

I take it you only run solo. This sounds awful. When I play WvW, I want to team with my daughter and brother, not end up on opposite sides.

• Like 1

I didn't say I don't care. I said it doesn't matter. If all of WvW was a vast flat plain where equal groups just battled endlessly, then what you are proposing could have some merit. But it is not. There are things to do beyond that. I don't mind getting steamrolled trying to defend an objective, I still have fun hopefully causing some mischief along the way. (Just one example)

This is a game, not a job, and I play it for fun, not to define my purpose in life or support my family.

This sounds like a whole lot of work to mesh a square through a round hole.

Personally I don't see how there is any competitiveness to this mode, since it would just be random players put up against random other players. So there's no parties, guilds, servers, community, teams. You basically have nothing to build around. Without that, there really isn't going to be any competitiveness that anyone (well 99% at least) cares about.

A better compromise would be to just use EOTM for entire WvW, and just add EBG to that system. It would accomplish most of the same, for much less trouble or problems.

But a better idea would probably be to just make a new sPVP format, 20vs20, own maps like cut out parts of the WvW maps (like a keep, with a tower, and some camps etc). Let people set p 1-2-3 hours duration, rack up points, and fight for control. That people can apply to with a whole guild, or fill with randoms. That would likely work a lot better for what you're looking for.

• Like 2