Warrior in 3v3

It's not a warrior issue tho, it's a scourge issue.
Tons of classes/specs struggle, especially melee without good condi cleanse.

But every class/spec that can self-buff or share boons gets hard countered by Scourge due to boon corrupts.
It's just that in 5v5 there's maybe a support that can cleanse or someone dropping water fields or whatever + people split up or take favored fights. 3v3 is the pinacle of clownfiesta since you can't create any advantage for your team unless an enemy kittens up.

@edit: Scourges aren't usually that great against ranged stuff and I've seen a rifle/gs berserker performing pretty well today actually. No idea what build they had (probably berserker? crazy high damage) but I just thought I'd throw it out there. Keep in mind tho that Scourges have some weird AoE kitten that blocks projectiles for an eternity.

Edited by DoomNexus.5324
  • Like 8

56 minutes ago, DoomNexus.5324 said:

But every class/spec that can self-buff or share boons gets hard countered by Scourge due to boon corrupts.
It's just that in 5v5 there's maybe a support that can cleanse or someone dropping water fields or whatever + people split up or take favored fights. 3v3 is the pinacle of clownfiesta since you can't create any advantage for your team unless an enemy kittens up.

@edit: Scourges aren't usually that great against ranged stuff and I've seen a rifle/gs berserker performing pretty well today actually. No idea what build they had (probably berserker? crazy high damage) but I just thought I'd throw it out there. Keep in mind tho that Scourges have some weird AoE kitten that blocks projectiles for an eternity.

Corrosive Cloud that's basically impossible to see unless you squint or hear that your burst has disintegrated because you couldn't see a thing prior.

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, DoomNexus.5324 said:

Hi Doom it was me. It's just tactics Berserker with soldier rune and healing shouts. Berserk ammy. It works well in most cases 👌

• Like 1

Shouts soldier runes + banner ult res/stomp and/or spellbreaker in general (interrupts/too many defensive mechanics at least compared to core and zerk) seems too good in this game mode honestly. Feels like you have to play a support-ish build that can dps or a dps build that can provide lots of stuns/interrupts so you force heal/stun breaks easier >>> get kills.

It's still better than Conquest because z-axis teleports are obnoxious there, way too annoying to play that garbage mode if you don't use busted builds/comps. 3v3 prolly the same but it's already more tolerable than conquest because people don't really wanna do objectives and want to fight, it's been like that since 2013, I just don't get why they are SO LATE with a mode like this where the space is more closed and it's just fighting without worrying about rotations.

Watch it get worse when the new elite specs come tho lmao.

I agree with the poster above who said that Scourge counters Scourge. Have you tried rolling one? 😜 

But seriously, I don't really enjoy how the 3v3 is setup in this game. Some metas can be fun with it, but many are not well suited to 3v3 or 2v2 imo. For now, only Conquest has been what I consider good, and while the meta is hurting there too, at least you can try to out rotate against Scourges. Ranged builds can wreck them if played well and you can isolate them. (Force them to defend a point solo, etc) 

Anyway, I hope they delete Scourge in the same fashion they did for Mirage. I'd just go back and make the Scourge not be an AOE point in SPVP, and call it a day. The nerf was good for SPVP, but ruined the fun of the build in pve, so they just brought it back for both... Anyway, remove scourge skills centering on the PC, and move on. 

There is so much to do to fix PvP right now, they need to get moving. Or maybe they plan to fix things with EoD release, and just ignore it until then... Not sure. But I'm a bit more optimistic with some of the people they brought back, although, I still miss some of their most passionate leads they let fall to the wayside or just fired. Hopefully they can remember two things.

PvP is most fun when:
1) Classes have depth, and you can optimize and draw out more potential. (Feel strong)
2) There needs to be tradeoffs for everything, so players need to rely on each other to effectively control the map. (Not OP) 

Now get to work ANET <>_<>

• Like 1

On 7/31/2021 at 8:10 PM, DoomNexus.5324 said:

Yeah berserker warrior is a spec that barely creates any boons while having so extreme high damage, it's basically very good to fight against necros of all specs.

Edited by OuterOcean.2418