Necro e-specs reveal likely coming friday

Kodama.6453

Seems they won't show it today, but on a livestream on Friday. At least that's what IGN says.

Of course, absolutely no communication from anet's side. We have to find out through third party sites.

Anet, if people write here repeatedly that they expect a reveal to happen today, maybe you should chime in with just a single sentence that it is not happening at that day instead of leaving us without any information whatsoever and disappointed for the day...

Edited by Kodama.6453
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

18 minutes ago, Smoosh.2718 said:

I was hoping to see a pre recorded video uploaded today for the reveal,
Pistol on necro does actually sound rather appealing to see personally.

Honestly, what disappoints me alot right now is just once again the complete lack of communication with the players from Anet.

Is it really so hard to tell us with a single sentence that they are doing these friday livestreams instead of us having to find out through a third party website?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Sure, that the black lion compagny is better at communicating their endless list of products than the devs about when they will show the different e-specs.

Yet again they don't fail to disappoint. After 8 years, I should have known to expecting anything from them, yet I fell into the trap like a newcomer... Tssk...

• Confused 1

man I sure didn't wait for anything and surprise am I not dissapointed. 

I do it for other franchises too. If i know the creators/devs whatever don't live up to the expectation of informing their consumers, I simply treat to that thing as if it doesnt exist. So when a reveal about something happens, Im a bit surprised.

Expecting anything only leads to dissapointment.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Honestly, what disappoints me alot right now is just once again the complete lack of communication with the players from Anet.

Is it really so hard to tell us with a single sentence that they are doing these friday livestreams instead of us having to find out through a third party website?

That's not a fair comment and you know it. Complete lack of communication? You realize how absurd that sounds given ALL the communication we have seen this summer about release dates, events, reveals?

You're only disappointed because you expected something you shouldn't have and you didn't get it. That's not due to Anet's 'complete lack' of communication. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

That's not a fair comment and you know it. Complete lack of communication? You realize how absurd that sounds given ALL the communication we have seen this summer about release dates, events, reveals?

You're only disappointed because you expected something you shouldn't have and you didn't get it. That's not due to Anet's 'complete lack' of communication. 

That, My friend, isn't communication. It's selling a product. All Companies do this to get folks hyped up for stuff like end of dragon, and to shell out money like there is no tomorrow. You'd only be fooling yourself if you think otherwise. Trust me, After end of dragon release, the silence will be deafening. Mark my word.

4 minutes ago, Thevaultdwellinggamer.4267 said:

That, My friend, isn't communication. It's selling a product. All Companies do this to get folks hyped up for stuff like end of dragon, and to shell out money like there is no tomorrow. You'd only be fooling yourself if you think otherwise. Trust me, After end of dragon release, the silence will be deafening. Mark my word.

Maybe AFTER that's true ... but that's neither here nor there in this point of the OP trying to make. 

18 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Seems they won't show it today, but on a livestream on Friday. At least that's what IGN says.

Of course, absolutely no communication from anet's side. We have to find out through third party sites.

Anet, if people write here repeatedly that they expect a reveal to happen today, maybe you should chime in with just a single sentence that it is not happening at that day instead of leaving us without any information whatsoever and disappointed for the day...

yesterdayan anet employee explained in reddit there will not be any stream this friday. Maybe next week we get to preview the new specs.

Edited by anduriell.6280
found the reddit thread

3 minutes ago, anduriell.6280 said:

yesterdayan anet employee explained in reddit there will not be any stream this friday. Maybe next week we get to preview the new specs.

Huh, ok, that is weird. I really thought we would get a preview every week building up to the beta, considering that it would have fit perfectly.

Did they just say it won't be friday or did they directly say it will take to next week?

Just now, Kodama.6453 said:

Huh, ok, that is weird. I really thought we would get a preview every week building up to the beta, considering that it would have fit perfectly.

Did they just say it won't be friday or did they directly say it will take to next week?

added the reddit thread to my comment.

4 minutes ago, Acyk.9671 said:

Yeah same, one E-spec per week for the first 3 weeks then beta testing them on the fourth. It all made sense but apparently keeping on a schedule is too hard.

I fear this is a similar situation like what happened with scrapper when HoT was announced...

It was obvious that the spec was not ready to get shown when they had to stream it. Most likely they reworked the entire spec just some time before and didn't quite finish it in time, but the announcement for the stream was made and so they were forced to show an unfinished product.

Maybe this is the same here: The schedule didn't work out and they are not confident to show it just yet, so they try to postpone it while also avoiding clear statements about when and where we will get information, so no one can point out that they were supposed to show something by now.

6 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

I fear this is a similar situation like what happened with scrapper when HoT was announced...

It was obvious that the spec was not ready to get shown when they had to stream it. Most likely they reworked the entire spec just some time before and didn't quite finish it in time, but the announcement for the stream was made and so they were forced to show an unfinished product.

Maybe this is the same here: The schedule didn't work out and they are not confident to show it just yet, so they try to postpone it while also avoiding clear statements about when and where we will get information, so no one can point out that they were supposed to show something by now.

Still a blog post with the theme and some details about the spec would be nice to see.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Acyk.9671 said:

When you think about it, PoF was released on August 2017. IBS was supposed to bring new e-spec but they were scrapped. Now EoD has been postponed by 6 months to February 2022. I let you do the maths so you can realize they have no room for excuses anymore, Covid or not. The new expansion better be good for their own sake. After all that's their jobs and lifestyle on the line, not mine.

Sometimes you can't help it. I don't mind if there have been unforeseen circumstances which force them to rework stuff or anything. I would just like them to be more transparent about this stuff.

Like telling us when we will get new information. All we currently know is that it won't happen friday, despite what IGN has written in the article. If there are some problems which mae them delay the reveal, they could tell us.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Acyk.9671 said:

so you can be sympathetic? who cares at this point? They failed us last week when they didn't even reveal us every E-spec. I am not even talking about game play because as you said it wouldn't make sense to ask for that if the e-specs are not ready but pictures with weapons is not much to expect. Still they fail to meet the lowest amount of expectation we have.

I won't speak for the entire community but what amount of trust is there towards Anet at this point?

I hate to agree with this sentiment. For me, elite specs are THE big thing with expansions. Considering PoF came out in 2017 we hadn't had new classes in 5 years. I expected elite specs when the icebrood saga was announced, only to be told "no, screw you, wait another two more years". It's now two years later and I'm being told "no, screw you, only mesmers. You'll have to wait 6 more months".  I'm just tired of constantly being told to wait. Patience is a virtue, but I ran out of it two years ago anet. I'm tired of excuses.

I love GW2. I WANT to love this expansion. It's already coming later than expected and what you've shown is definitely not enough. Not only am I not excited for this at all, it's actually making me resent all the time waiting because it's feeling like it was not worth it when all I get to see is the mesmer spec which is one of the classes I play the least, and a frigging untextured turtle model. When you compare this presentation with the previous two expansions' first trailers, you can clearly tell how far behind they are.

I know the studio has gone through very bad times, between the layoffs and the pandemic. This expansion is definitely feeling like a pick-me-up. Making us wait even longer for the elite specs was NOT the right move, contrary to what WP is so adamant in. He benefits from it because it helps him create content in the long run, but 99% of players were expecting the specs on the presentation day and you disappointed us yet again. 

• Like 1

OH yeah really weird ... someone expected something that Anet never said would happen, it didn't, then blew up about it. Maybe people should take LESS offense to their OWN ideas of what happens around here and stop spreading rumors about 'complete lacks' of communication based on invented events and communications that never were going to happen in the first place. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I think Grouch popping in to let us know there won't be any streaming this week is actually a step up. It shows they care about keeping us in the loop. Setting expectations might be one of the hardest part of a dev's job, since they need to joggle transparency and surprise.

If (and when) there is a livestream they'll tell us. That's transparent enough for me, while keeping a bit of mistery. Given the beta's from the 17th to the 21st it seems reasonable to speculate the livestream may take place on Friday 13th (great date btw) and that it could show all 3 specs' traits, if the show is anything like HoT's were. And if it's not, then we'll know on the 17th for kitten's sake.

I'm hoping they show sth about the "Hexslinger" this week, but if they don't that's ok too. Basically, let's enjoy the ride to these reveals.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Acyk.9671 said:

When you announce a new expac, there is a minimum standard to meet.

No there isn't ANY standard to meet ... again, inventing your OWN expectations. If anything, Anet coming in and telling people there WON'T be a stream this week (maybe because people are invent rumors there was when it was never happening in the first place) is a GREAT example of Anet's NOT LACKING communication. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1