Memories of Battle are at Ecto Value now.

DanAlcedo.3281

Memories of Battle (MoB) had surpassed Ectos in Value a few days ago and are now sitting a bit lower at 21s.

While this is good for Wvw players wallets, it shows again just how bad the skirmish ticket vendor is. 

A piece of exotic gear is 250 MoB.

Thats 50g! When you get the same item for 3g or less on the TP. 

A Ascended Salvage tool is 4g + 10 tickets. 

Even when it comes to Ascended gear, the Mobs alone are almost worth 2 ascended pieces of gear when crafting. 

And all of this is not a new problem. 

The vendor was ridiculous on release, with it getting worse since. 

I expect Anet though that Mobs would be

2-3 silver max or nothing on the Vendor makes any sense whatsoever. 

Either rework the prices on the Vendor or drastically increase the amount of Mobs players get. 

Edited by DanAlcedo.3281
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

/shrug

It was brought up before, people on here say it's fine, they obviously want to make gold off it.

I think it's ridiculous, and we shouldn't have to farm two different time gated currencies to buy stuff, one is already hard limited per week, so make the other one more farmable? Why are they even used in pve precursor recipes?

Maybe in a year it'll die down when everyone has gotten their legendaries unlocked for their accounts.

• Like 1

The memory of battle situation is ridiculous. Those prices needs to be taken down at the vendor, everything is so timegated in that gamemode it is not funny anymore. 

Even buying basic tools like the ascended salvage  kits is an absurd amount of gold. 

Edited by anduriell.6280
  • Like 3

the price will sink again. with the legendary armory alot people now make their missing legendary items and many dont want to make wvw so they just buy what they can get on the tp.

just let some time pass by until the market for legendary equiptment is saturated.

in the meanwhile enjoy the moment and sell 🤑

• Confused 3

4 minutes ago, SlateSloan.3654 said:

the price will sink again. with the legendary armory alot people now make their missing legendary items and many dont want to make wvw so they just buy what they can get on the tp.

just let some time pass by until the market for legendary equiptment is saturated.

The Mob price was never low enough to justify the prices of the items offered. 

Edited by DanAlcedo.3281
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Either rework the prices on the Vendor or drastically increase the amount of Mobs players get. 

Or leave it as is and as currently expensive option which, in case the price situation shifts or other factors change, is there as backup.

Not all items and avenues to acquiring them must be identical.

In fact, one could argue that the PvE access to exotic gear is to cheap. Which would rather suggest a correction to this disparity, if one does simply stick to only gold value as comparison, should be done in a different area.

Also in some cases, you are paying for the skin on top of the item rarity.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, SlateSloan.3654 said:

The price has been growing steady from the introduction, WvW armor is the one which requires the longest time, so i doubt the legendary armory is the reason for this. 

A piece of exotic gear from the vendor costs 60 gold, an ascended around 80-100 gold including the mats for the marks. 

An ascended salvage kit is 60 gold. 

All of that plus the hardtimegated skirmish tickets. Tickets amounts i think are fine, but the amount of memories of battle is too much.

We need  just the  adjustment the vendor prices for items.   From the very beginning the vendor prices were overtuned. 

•  
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Thats true and good but the problem is that it makes the Skirmish ticket vendor crazy overpriced. He has outdated prices. 

That's fine, there is no need to devalue the memory of battle TP price. Just adjust the vendor prices, most of the memories go into legendary stuff, so TP prices would not be impacted. 

250 memories for a salvage tool kit is just too much even from the original implementation. Same goes for many ascended weapons and armor pieces, they already are using the timegated skirmish tickets. 

Edited by anduriell.6280
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, anduriell.6280 said:

That's fine, there is no need to devalue the memory of battle TP price. Just adjust the vendor prices, most of the memories go into legendary stuff, so TP prices would not be impacted. 

250 memories for a salvage tool kit is just too much even from the original implementation. Same goes for many ascended weapons and armor pieces, they already are using the timegated skirmish tickets. 

If I could, I would throw the Vendor into the chalice of tears. 

Anyway, agree. 

• Haha 1

Both MoB and Skirmish tickets are ridiculously overtuned.

Add double the MoB each time we gain them (10 instead of 5, 2 instead of 1 etc. depending on what you get), and allow emblems to skirmish tickets conversion (1 emblem =50 tickets for example) up to 356 per week.

Emblems are useless now anyway since you don't even need them for Conflux anymore.

Let us convert them to skirmish tickets so we have an alternate active way of obtaining them rather than passively.

Problem solved.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

Let us convert them to skirmish tickets so we have an alternate active way of obtaining them rather than passively.

Problem solved.

I has been discussed already the best approach for the emblems would be to add a tab into the Skirmish_Supervisor were we can exchange those emblems for different currencies, including skirmish tickets. 

Although i would not touch the current drops for MoB or Tickets, current numbers are fine. The issue is exclusively related to the fixed vendor prices, once adjusted properly so a piece of armor does not require at least 250 of those it will be fine. 

The exotic gear does not even gives any materials when salvaged and can not be sold so there is no point to have them so expensive.

This vendor should allow WvW players to acquire the needed ascended gear easily while playing, right now is a gold sink in a game mode which does not gives enough rewards. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, anduriell.6280 said:

I has been discussed already the best approach for the emblems would be to add a tab into the Skirmish_Supervisor were we can exchange those emblems for different currencies, including skirmish tickets. 

Although i would not touch the current drops for MoB or Tickets, current numbers are fine. The issue is exclusively related to the fixed vendor prices, once adjusted properly so a piece of armor does not require at least 250 of those it will be fine. 

The exotic gear does not even gives any materials when salvaged and can not be sold so there is no point to have them so expensive.

This vendor should allow WvW players to acquire the needed ascended gear easily while playing, right now is a gold sink in a game mode which does not gives enough rewards. 

Yes, changing emblems to different currencies would be a godsend!

Personally, i don't use MoB for anything except legendary precursors so i have enough of them.

But that's exactly the problem, i want to use them for other stuff, buy something from the vendor etc.. But it's not exactly fine, even if you lower the requirements, it's still a way too time gated currency. Meaning, it prohibits you from buying anything because you know how long it'll take to get them again. If they increase the MoB gain by even 0.5 or something, and adjust the vendor prices, that would be ideal.

And if the argument is - adjust vendor prices to keep the MoB price on TP - the prices will drop regardless if you increase MoB gain or decrease vendor MoB prices because people will need less of them in any case.

The whole WvW currency economy is horribly unbalanced and unfair and needs a rework ASAP.

Hopefully, now that they are working on Alliances ©, and made emblems even more worthless with the legendary armory and what they did to Conflux, maybe now they can finally put a more fair and maybe active system in, so we can get a steady amount of MoB to actually buy stuff from the vendor, and convert our hard earned emblems into something useful (like skirmish tickets).

I'm still against ST number exceeding the current weekly, but not everyone can play WvW 40 hours a week to get the max amount, but gains emblems faster. So it would be nice if we could convert them to both ST and MoB, and other currencies.

• Like 1

i stand with my opinion. people in wvw have enough MoB by now to not care about the vendor price. most sell the MoB regular and enjoy the gold.

its just atm people see more reason now with the armory to craft e.g. conflux. an ring which wasnt that necessary to have as ascended rings where always easy to get. now with an legendary ring which can be used on any gear set, without moving it from one character to another, it makes more reason to craft it.

and conflux is 1750 MoB. 2000 even if you use an infused mistforged ring for making it. that alone the ring. the same interest on legendary armor rise atm. on wvw community teamspeak you can here people talk „now i want to finish my legendary armors“ all the time as it grants more build freedom as before as the ergonomic usage changed.

the interest on MoB from PvE players side rise and the price also as there is alot gold in community at the moment which makes people have enough purchase power to just buy it. it never takes long to sell a full stack of MoB on tp.

and i dont even need any stuff from the vendor regularly. its mostly one time purchase of armor, weapons. the rings and trinkets are even uninteresting, better to craft legendarys now as soon as possible as they are worth it now.

• Confused 3

1 hour ago, SlateSloan.3654 said:

people in wvw have enough MoB by now to not care about the vendor price. most sell the MoB regular and enjoy the gold.

Ok well the next time someone makes a thread on not getting enough rewards, or making enough gold in wvw they can take a nice hike off a desertbl cliff not in their territory. And to anyone who wants to trade in other currency for tickets or memories, tough luck, we don't want to ruin the value.

• Like 2

How is the skirmish vendor overpriced? I don't see how a stack of MoB is a problem when you're supposed to play the game mode to get the stuff--if you don't like the gamemode then play the other ones? 

I've made a full set of legendary armor and still have 4-5 stacks left and haven't bought any ever, but that's because I pretty much only play WvW until recently with the 'return to' PvE stuff.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

there you go, people who play wvw acknowledge having enough MoB.

people who play PvE buy MoB alot atm cause they dont have them farmed.

there is a reason why anet spends developement time on a legendary armory. is simple cause there is much gold and materials ingame at the moment. when people have much materials and gold on stock they will use it to unlock gemstore items.

gemstore is anets revenue, so anet needs to take care for its revenue and created this win/win solution "legendary armory".

we players got a nice quality of life solution to use our gear more comfortable and anet got us into the game to craft away materials and spend gold. i know people who even say "now i have a reason to build underwater legendaries, I would never have made them but now i want them".

in a game with no subscription YOU are the product. 😉

the only items in the wvw vendor which cost some more MoB are the armors, weapons and trinkets. the only thing needed is the armors as they serve as precursor for the legendary armor, the rest like infusions and so on are for cheap.

compare the wvw armor as precursor with any other effort to get a precursor to craft an legendary weapon and tell us where the difference is. 

• Confused 2

I played WvW for a few months now, Have only recently finished one single set of exotic gear medium armour. 

If I want anything, I have to buy MoB's, which are overpriced as I need 250 of them off the TP. 

If I want anything I have to basically spend hours and hours logged into wvw doing nothing else but wvw. To get the slowest legends in the entire game. 

We need way to many tickets/MoBs at the vendor, we don't have anywhere near enough, anyone saying we do is lying. Start a new account and say the same. 

• Thanks 1

Oh thanks for the heads up

https://i.imgur.com/p9MOMTi.png

Although to be fair I bought a very expensive Mist Lord's mace because I didn't know.

But in all seriousness, should everything on the skirmish vendor require Memories of Battle? Most of the things are just not reasonable to buy, if you're not into legendary armor. Pretty much everything in the misc tab is definitely not worth it and infusions are highly questionable unless you need laurels that badly.

It's not even a good source of ascended armor since at this rate the memories of battle alone would cost the same as the ascended armor, much less than entire year of waiting for overpriced marks.

• Thanks 1