Willbender is OP

Paradoxoglanis.1904

2 minutes ago, Exile.8160 said:

The sustaine may be good for brawls vs another brawler but he will still have 11k health sadly a spike from a thief mes or rev will still delete him if he is not carfull. 

You can use some defensive stats when playing a brawler, like vitality, you know? If you have 11k health, might be worth a thought to invest a bit of stats into defense.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

You can use some defensive stats when playing a brawler, like vitality, you know? If you have 11k health, might be worth a thought to invest a bit of stats into defense.

True, tho your dps output will hurt a lot. For guards to output dps in the leagues of say mes or thief stats like vitality amd toughness would have to be giving up. It all depends on how much dmg will WB dish out.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Zhaid Zhem.6508 said:

There is a reason we don't see elem in pvp

Ele is literally one of the strongest duelists in the game for pvp, matched only by prot holo. 

56 minutes ago, Zauber.4069 said:

And I think that a brawler should not be allowed to possess such a mobility. It should be mechanism for glass cannon profesion or maybe for some cc oriented. Good that you brought that up.

"Brawler" is a meaningless term in pvp. Pvp roles are: roamer, duelist, support, dps. Willbender will be a roamer. 90% of the meta roamers in game right now already have more mobility than willbender. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Acyk.9671 said:

i'm done. No point in talking about this before actually testing the spec when half the people complaining do not even play guard and are just frustrated they don't know about their "own" e-spec or wanted what guard got for their own.

Kindergarden level of thread, i should have stayed away from this.

xD yep. I'm just enjoying myself pointing out all the false facts ppl are trying to push. Is funny how 80+% of the things ppl have stated here as facts are actually just bull (especially on the pvp side of things, is closer to 99% 😆). 

Edited by Hogwarts Zebra.8597
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Hogwarts Zebra.8597 said:
7 hours ago, Zhaid Zhem.6508 said:

There is a reason we don't see elem in pvp

Ele is literally one of the strongest duelists in the game for pvp, matched only by prot holo. 

That's why we don't see elem in pvp, because pvp isn't about duels.

Edited by Zhaid Zhem.6508
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Hogwarts Zebra.8597 said:

This thread should've been locked long ago lol. Until then, I will restate the factual portions of what you've deleted as I do not take kindly to false information. 

We do see eles in pvp. Duelist is literally one of the four roles of pvp.

Okai I (we) misunderstood and you you took the opportunity to play with the words.

When I say "we don't see elem in pvp" I didn't expected you actually thought we don't see ele at all; but more that they suck a lot and overall we don't want one in team.

• Confused 2

5 minutes ago, Zhaid Zhem.6508 said:

Okai I (we) misunderstood and you you took the opportunity to play with the words.

When I say "we don't see elem in pvp" I didn't expected you actually thought we don't see ele at all; but more that they suck a lot and overall we don't want one in team.

As I said, ele is tied with prot holo for the strongest side noder in the game. The problem is not ele being weak but scg/SB rene being too strong. 

Edited by Hogwarts Zebra.8597

5 hours ago, Hogwarts Zebra.8597 said:

"Brawler" is a meaningless term in pvp. Pvp roles are: roamer, duelist, support, dps. Willbender will be a roamer. 90% of the meta roamers in game right now already have more mobility than willbender. 

Did the math based on cooldown and the amount of movement in the tooltips seen here;

With just the F skills and the OH sword skill Willbender can hit potentially 5,800 units of movement over a minute.  You're *way* faster than Herald out of combat and straight up in sword Mirage territory at that point, and definitely beating core mesmer by a lot.  If you include Judges Intervention and the new utility that shadow steps you, you could potentially burst out 11,400 movement over the course of a minute if you have targets you're chasing and you're way faster than Sword Mirage and 2000 units of movement faster than Herald in combat with a target to chase.  Which is pretty dang good.  And you could be potentially upping those numbers with alacrity and of course Renewed Focus could bump those numbers up a little bit further.

And you can bump those numbers up even more with Power of the Virtuoso for reduced Virtue cooldown and the Sword trait in zeal.  Which would put you at 7800 units of movement over the course of a minute with the virtues and OH sword.  

Anyway Willbender isn't hitting like Peak Daredevil area where like the meta build was hitting 19,000 units over one minute potentially, but in terms of movement it's doing quite good for itself.  Hope these numbers help give you some perspective on what it's looking like. 

Edited by mortrialus.3062
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, mortrialus.3062 said:

Did the math based on cooldown and the amount of movement in the tooltips seen here;

With just the F skills and the OH sword skill Willbender can hit potentially 5,800 units of movement over a minute.  You're definitely faster than Herald out of combat and straight up in sword Mirage territory at that point, and definitely beating core mesmer by a lot.  If you include Judges Intervention and the new utility that shadow steps you, you could potentially burst out 11,400 movement over the course of a minute if you have targets you're chasing and you're way faster than Sword Mirage and 2000 units of movement faster than Herald in combat with a target to chase.  Which is pretty dang good.  And you could be potentially upping those numbers with alacrity and of course Renewed Focus could bump those numbers up a little bit further.

And you can bump those numbers up even more with Power of the Virtuoso for reduced Virtue cooldown and the Sword trait in zeal.  Which would put you at 7800 units of movement over the course of a minute with the virtues and OH sword.  

Anyway Willbender isn't hitting like Peak Daredevil area where like the meta build was hitting 19,000 units over one minute potentially, but in terms of movement it's doing quite good for itself.  Hope these numbers help give you some perspective on what it's looking like. 

Nice work, I guess willbender will be compiting mostly for the rev spot than thiefs.

I forgot Flash Combo let's you potentially return back to your original position if you land the flurry attack afterwards, meaning it could be potentially giving you 1800 movement per use if you land the attack on it. 

If you care about movement, with Monk's Focus Judge's intervention gives you 35 movement per second.  Flash Combo with just the port towards the target gives you 45 movement per second and can potentially be giving you 90 movement per second. 

Obviously there's other factors, Judge's Intervention will heal you and give fury and break stun and you can combine it with whatever attack you want.  Flash Combo gives significantly more movement over time and has a large damage component on top of it, but doesn't heal or break stun. 

Edited by mortrialus.3062

50 minutes ago, mortrialus.3062 said:

With just the F skills and the OH sword skill Willbender can hit potentially 5,800 units of movement over a minute.  You're *way* faster than Herald out of combat and straight up in sword Mirage territory at that point, and definitely beating core mesmer by a lot.  If you include Judges Intervention and the new utility that shadow steps you, you could potentially burst out 11,400 movement over the course of a minute if you have targets you're chasing and you're way faster than Sword Mirage and 2000 units of movement faster than Herald in combat with a target to chase.  Which is pretty dang good.  And you could be potentially upping those numbers with alacrity and of course Renewed Focus could bump those numbers up a little bit further.

Power herald can achieve 6,000 units/minute from phase traversal alone. 

But raw numbers like this are hardly useful. What's important is how much investment is required to achieve the maximum mobility calculated here. Thieves easily achieve near-maximum move speed because their mobility is very convenient to access, and does not hinder combat effectiveness. Power herald on the other hand rarely achieves maximum move speed because of energy and requirements on the timing of legend and weapon swaps.

Willbender will be similar to power herald in this regard. You will hardly ever achieve the potential max speed calculated here, because it requires you to waste your virtues and spam all your mobility skills off CD, which severely hinders your combat and rotational potential. 

• Like 3

On 8/14/2021 at 10:56 PM, DragonSlayer.1087 said:

The new specs will always be OP to start with. It's to make sure it's "fun" and "powerful" to play with especially for casual players. 

Then the nerf bat will say hello to even things out. 

I'm not too worried about this. 

These 3 specs are nothing close to what Anet revealed with Scourge, Mirage and Firebrand.

Hell, the first iteration of Scourage Shades affected I think 10 targets when traited w/ Big Shade.

23 minutes ago, Darknicrofia.2604 said:

These 3 specs are nothing close to what Anet revealed with Scourge, Mirage and Firebrand.

Hell, the first iteration of Scourage Shades affected I think 10 targets when traited w/ Big Shade.

Also keep in mind, that was before the big damage balance. 

We'll find out tomorrow how "strong" or "weak" these new specs are. 

PvE damage is trash,

WvW is trash,

Was hoping for it to be decent in pvp, but as i though, it's complete trash lol, dmg is bad and it's paper, healskill either doesn't work or is even worse than the others. Also mobility is high cd, short distance and mostly target bound, making it impossible to roam as well...

So yeah, called it XD

• Like 2
  • Sad 2