Virtuoso Bug Thread

Fire Attunement.9835

• 3 weeks later...

It would appear that a different person than who designed the elite spec came up with the spec/mechanic name.  You gave us names like Virtuoso/Bladesong that evoke a music/song thematic but the spec design is a mind dagger wielding psionicist.  You might want to fix whatever bug kept these two from communicating on a single coherent design.  😕

Edited by Dastion.3106
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

On 9/9/2021 at 2:47 PM, Dastion.3106 said:

It would appear that a different person than who designed the elite spec came up with the spec/mechanic name.  You gave us names like Virtuoso/Bladesong that evoke a music/song thematic but the spec design is a mind dagger wielding psionicist.  You might want to fix whatever bug kept these two from communicating on a single coherent design.  😕

Phantom Blade should 100% be the name.  It's eons more descriptive, and phantom always sounds cool.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

With bladesworn there's no chance other elite will be name "blade". Otherwise it gets confusing.

Both the names and concepts of the new elite specs are a mess.

As powerful as PoF or HoT especs were they all were cohesive and has a theme that stuck to it, nothing in EoD matches anything Cantha or the specs itself matching the name.

Edited by Salt Mode.3780

3 hours ago, Salt Mode.3780 said:

As powerful as PoF or HoT especs were they all were cohesive and has a theme that stuck to it, nothing in EoD matches anything Cantha or the specs itself matching the name.

They were more cohesive but not that much.

There's nothing on chrono except f5 that says time mage. And mirage was a mess based on a bad mechanic (mirrors), and since the nerfs all the elusiveness that mirage was supposed to be are gone.

Mesmer elites always lacked punch, they were always core mesmer+gimmick. Same playstyle since 2012.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Looking through the Virtuoso skills and tool tips, I just realized something. 

The “BLADE” type that’s on all the dagger/greatsword/sword and utilities, has the traits: Jagged Mind and Deadly Blades functioning with the utility skills? I can’t recall if any of the utilities inflicted bleeding or vulnerability.

However, with that said, why couldn’t there be more traits that affected Psionics and Blades? Something along the lines of:

Psionics granting a stock of blades

You don’t lose your stocked blades with the first Bladesong you use.

Blades remove a boon.

Just a thought since I know majority of core traits that affect illusions/clones have not been adjusted to affect Blades as well, so I’m hoping they look into that because it makes the “Blade” in tooltips kinda useless if it’s only affected by two traits.

Edited by Tseison.4659
  • Haha 2

• 1 month later...
On 9/19/2021 at 11:54 PM, Tseison.4659 said:

Looking through the Virtuoso skills and tool tips, I just realized something. 

The “BLADE” type that’s on all the dagger/greatsword/sword and utilities, has the traits: Jagged Mind and Deadly Blades functioning with the utility skills? I can’t recall if any of the utilities inflicted bleeding or vulnerability.

However, with that said, why couldn’t there be more traits that affected Psionics and Blades? Something along the lines of:

Psionics granting a stock of blades

You don’t lose your stocked blades with the first Bladesong you use.

Blades remove a boon.

Just a thought since I know majority of core traits that affect illusions/clones have not been adjusted to affect Blades as well, so I’m hoping they look into that because it makes the “Blade” in tooltips kinda useless if it’s only affected by two traits.

The utilities did inflict vuln.

Blades remove a boon would be very very op.

53 minutes ago, agrippastrilemma.8741 said:

The u

53 minutes ago, agrippastrilemma.8741 said:

The utilities did inflict vuln.

Oh okay because I didn’t see it, will have to confirm on my own again during Beta #4.

Well the removing a boon with a blade attack might seem strong but if it had a icd of 10s it wouldn’t. Regardless, it’s just a thought…

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/9/2021 at 3:15 PM, Tseison.4659 said:

Oh okay because I didn’t see it, will have to confirm on my own again during Beta #4.

Well the removing a boon with a blade attack might seem strong but if it had a icd of 10s it wouldn’t. Regardless, it’s just a thought…

I'm actually pretty satisfied with the "blade" interactions - it's cool that we get so many new vuln sources, for example blurred frenzy inflicts 8 vuln and greatsword auto inflicts 3 vuln.

This is supposed to work with the "blades inflict bleeding" trait as well but it was bugged in the last beta; once that is fixed each greatsword auto will inflict 3 bleed and blurred frenzy will inflict 8 bleed, which may prove to be an interesting build option.

On 9/17/2021 at 1:25 AM, Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

They were more cohesive but not that much.

There's nothing on chrono except f5 that says time mage. And mirage was a mess based on a bad mechanic (mirrors), and since the nerfs all the elusiveness that mirage was supposed to be are gone.

Mesmer elites always lacked punch, they were always core mesmer+gimmick. Same playstyle since 2012.

I'd say speeding up your ally attacks and cooldowns, slowing your enemy attacks and cooldowns, plus wave of time stunning enemies in time were all pretty on point thematically, not just the f5. Precognition well was also cool. Traits were kinda eh thematically.

5 hours ago, mortrialus.3062 said:

I'd say speeding up your ally attacks and cooldowns, slowing your enemy attacks and cooldowns, plus wave of time stunning enemies in time were all pretty on point thematically, not just the f5. Precognition well was also cool. Traits were kinda eh thematically.

That would be true if chrono was the only one who had access to quickness alacrity and slow. From the moment they decided to give that out like candy to everyone it's no longer time mage stuff. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

That would be true if chrono was the only one who had access to quickness alacrity and slow. From the moment they decided to give that out like candy to everyone it's no longer time mage stuff. 

Tech this was the case when chrono was first released. Alacrity was going to be a Chronomancer unique buff that no other class had access to. This is also the same for necros when they first introduced Torment. Confusion in the beginning of the game was a Mesmer exclusive debuff, but we all know what happened when they decided to give perplexity runes to everyone.

I wouldn't hold my breath when it comes to ANET and promises of exclusivity.

1 hour ago, Simonoly.4352 said:

Apologies if this has already been mentioned but:

1) Neither Mental Anguish nor Superiority Complex seem to work with Bladesong Dissonance.

2) Blades do not automatically restock whilst you are mounted.

2) Must be the trade-off due to gain mobility. 😜😁

• Haha 4

16 hours ago, Lethion.8745 said:

Blade Leap's dash occasionally doesn't make you move and make you perform the dashing animation at your place despite of not having any terrain or ability blocking you.

Its very possible that you are accidentally double tapping it.  The dash starts and then you instantly port back so you don't move.  They need to put a little cd in to prevent that.  Its super annoying.

Turning shatter 1 into an ammo skill using the illusions line causes the shatter animation to not play correctly. You create the summon circle visuals, but you don’t shoot out any blades, the enemy just takes damage.

Occasionally, the summoning circle thing sticks around after you shatter or just randomly shows up. I like this! Maybe if you make it show up when you have that 5% damage buff or when the shatters are unblockable I think that would be super cool!!

Finally. abilities that trigger when you stock a blade, like signet of ether, do not work if you have max blades unless you summon a phantasm. This also applies to the heal on summon ability in the inspiration traitline. With core mesmer, you can resummon clones even if you are at max, which means it can always trigger, so this seems like an oversight. One of the first builds I tried was focused on stocking a ton of blades and sustaining myself through signet of ether and the inspiration traitline, which is something that works decently with the other specs. And it just didn’t work. It’s really bugged at the moment

Just editing to say that inspiring distortion does not give aegis on shatter skill 4 like it is supposed to

Edited by Ludovide.1967
  • Like 1