ahahahahahahahahaha reflected

Alpha.1308

3 hours ago, Alpha.1308 said:

class bias is whatever in terms of balance, i don't even care about that if it even exists at all

but they still need to stop coming up with these garbage ideas overall  

I mean usually developers try to hide their class bias a bit so it's kinda tolerable.

This is getting a bit much.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

The retaliation boon has long been a pain point, both in PvE and PvP. It's not particularly impactful to use, and it's never fun to play against.

Now care about how it feels to be a ranged player anet.

(Never understood how they deleted retaliation, but kept reflects and confusion.  I'm not against the idea of reflects and blocks, but it needs counterplay outside of "lmao just give up and go away/stop playing"  Like hell, at least retaliation had boon strip and your target still got hurt.  Reflects are just lazy safety.)

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, mortrialus.3062 said:

Virtuosos should have gotten some kind of Unblockable trait.

the skills themselves are really strong, so, that wouldn't really be ideal, either

the whole bladesong mechanic is just shatters 

mesmers and their shatters are already and have always been really strong, giving them unblockable would be unbearable 

the entire mechanic should have been different, that's the point of e-specs

we already got trashed on with chrono/mirage getting the same shatters that core had

it's so disheartening they did this AGAIN with the exact same effects on F1-F4, masking it as "different" just because they finally fixed the clone problem, yet still ended up introducing projectile problems 

1 hour ago, Roda.7468 said:

never fun to play against.

imagine fighting 20 people, and just a singular one out of those 20 drops a reflect/destruction bubble, and now every single projectile user basically can't play the game anymore, even if you were fighting 40 of them (yes, i know there's other skills, but it's the point that nothing else in the game has that much swing potential)  

imagine calling that "fun" or "interactive"

1 out of the 20 

that means there's still 19 more people to press buttons

that's so freaking awful  

why do people think rangers are considered a joke in wvw

why do people think glamours got murdered for mesmers 

why do people think other skills that had no cap limits now have a cap, like static and lines 

projectiles are really strong in this game, so they need something to keep them in check, but this is absolutely asinine 

i'm not saying making bubbles have caps are the best option, but it might go a long way and might actually work as a band aid, and WE KNOW HOW ANET IS WITH BAND AIDS???!?! 300 SECOND COOLDOWN TRAITS WHEN THEY REFUSE TO ACTUALLY BALANCE STUFF

but, that still might break projectiles, like, i dunno, but they need to freaking do something at least about the virtuoso's F keys, because this is ridiculous 

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Alpha.1308 said:

the skills themselves are really strong, so, that wouldn't really be ideal, either

Huh?  Virtuoso skills aren't strong at all.  They're hilariously undertuned.

Full glass power crit F1 is hitting for 4k in SPVP.  That's worse than 1 clone core mesmer. Heck that's as strong as a zero clone shatter on core.

https://imgur.com/a/ZJ7BWHK

Edited by mortrialus.3062
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

53 minutes ago, mortrialus.3062 said:

Full glass power crit F1 is hitting for 4k in SPVP.  That's worse than 1 clone core mesmer. Heck that's as strong as a zero clone shatter on core.

https://imgur.com/a/ZJ7BWHK

Highest amount I did was on 10k on wvw with sup complex and mental anguish.

You can deal close to that on core with one clone+IP.

It takes way too much effort for the damage it does.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, McPero.3287 said:

No. This is bad solution, Bladesongs should just simply not be projectiles. If you give it unblockable trait then blocks won't work against it which would be pretty crazy. 

Conditional unblockables maybe? Like they could have a trait or a built in mechanic that empowers baldesongs if you use them with 5 blades.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

13 hours ago, Alpha.1308 said:

mesmers and their shatters are already and have always been really strong, giving them unblockable would be unbearable 

the entire mechanic should have been different, that's the point of e-specs

we already got trashed on with chrono/mirage getting the same shatters that core had

it's so disheartening they did this AGAIN with the exact same effects on F1-F4, masking it as "different" just because they finally fixed the clone problem, yet still ended up introducing projectile problems 

imagine fighting 20 people, and just a singular one out of those 20 drops a reflect/destruction bubble, and now every single projectile user basically can't play the game anymore, even if you were fighting 40 of them (yes, i know there's other skills, but it's the point that nothing else in the game has that much swing potential)  

1 out of the 20 

that's so freaking awful  

why do people think rangers are considered a joke in wvw

why do people think glamours got murdered for mesmers 

why do people think other skills that had no cap limits now have a cap, like static and lines 

projectiles are really strong in this game, so they need something to keep them in check, but this is absolutely asinine 

i'm not saying making bubbles have caps are the best option, but it might go a long way and might actually work as a band aid, and WE KNOW HOW ANET IS WITH BAND AIDS???!?! 300 SECOND COOLDOWN TRAITS WHEN THEY REFUSE TO ACTUALLY BALANCE STUFF

but, that still might break projectiles, like, i dunno, but they need to freaking do something at least about the virtuoso's F keys, because this is ridiculous 

I was thinking about it and indeed virtuoso shatters being unblockable seems like much.

BUT - the shatters take long time to cast, the projectiles are slow and they only hit if the target is placed nicely in front of you. Isn’t it a lot of drawbacks as well? Maybe them being in unblockable would make them useful for anything apart from killing mobs in pve

Edited by Mik.3401
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, hobotnicax.7918 said:

Good, welcome to the world of ranger projectile hate. Enjoy your stay.

The comparison in terms of damaging skills would be like running longbow/longbow, as mainhand sword is utility only, and greatsword auto has never been a significant damage attack. Staff similarly being largely utility with projectile auto.

The only argument could be made for scepter 2 and 3, but in the grand scheme of things these two skills by themselves are insignificant compared with shatters on other specs, nevermind that scepter auto again can be reflected.

Edit - dagger of course being projectiles as well, aside from the extremely slow moving #3.

So as Lincolnbeard said, it's not the same.

Edited by Curunen.8729
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Hirosama Nadasaki.6792 said:

Just turn them into non-projectiles honestly, it's by far the easiest and simplest solution. Would probably only take 5 minutes.

But doesn't that essentially results in the same thing as making Unblockable? And also if it is not a projectile, then would it cause Virtuoso attacks to bypass LOS and pass through obstructions and terrain?

9 hours ago, mortrialus.3062 said:

fair

i dunno, they sounded really strong, but i also didn't even test anything, i saw they were projectiles and honestly flat out stopped playing 

they're not clones, is the big difference in what you said, so they should be dealing less damage

and i just assumed you were able to generate blades more often to use it more frequently 

so, much more frequent spam of damage in multiple packets to avoid aegis/dodges/blinds sounded better than NPCs getting destroyed/CC'd, so, i called it strong 

is what i figured on paper

but you can be right, again, i honestly just didn't care enough after i saw they were projectiles 

2 hours ago, Mik.3401 said:

Isn’t it a lot of drawbacks as well?

possibly 

i'd just want to see the biggest mistakes rectified first, before looking into finer details 

there's literally just simply no acceptable reason these things should be getting reflected/destroyed aside from "but muh cOuNTeRpLAy in 1v1 means it's cOoL", yet this is on the class already littered with dueling potential, so the 1v1 aspect should have been an afterthought, and if it was too strong, tone it down there, or make grandmaster traits actually MEANINGFUL (what in holy butts is that 9 seconds to 3 blades trash????????) to actually give us options between scenarios 

Edited by Alpha.1308
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

15 hours ago, Alpha.1308 said:

1 out of the 20 

that's so freaking awful  

Absolutely 100% agree. If an entire elite spec is centered around projectiles (though oddly no projectile finishers) it's time for ANet to lay the hammer down on projectile destruction/reflects. Limiting reflects to 5 to 10 projectiles would only be fair considering the same target limit placed on the projectiles themselves.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2