What is the new main hand weapon that you think the ranger should get in the next expansion?

Altaiz.3570

@Teratus.2859 said:

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:Ever since somebody here suggested the idea of a scepter being used as a whip, I have wanted it to be a thing for Ranger.

That is a pretty sweet idea tbf ^^

Aye, a very creative and class-appropriate interpretation of the weapon, and enough to differentiate it from Druid's staff as well. I also just really want a reason to craft Xiuquatl, and there's not a class that the weapon would look better on than Ranger.

@Murshid.9854 said:For ranger theme pistol or rifle should be prioritized.

Yeah something like beasthunter and what not that would be a cool idea, like a ranger that hunts down big monsters and threats etc, I really hope they go for the rifle.

Plus IMO in pop culture references that’s how rangers are mostly portrayed

Ranger melee weapons are lame.Greatsword's strong but it's built around maul and maul alone, sword's extremely underwhelming after skills got moved around. It's just an autoattack machine.

Hammer or Mace (both or maybe offhand shield at the same time, whatever go for it) are the way to go. Bunny Thumper was the best.

Rifle would only happen as a close range shotgun because otherwise it's a second longbow and axe already fills a bit of that role.Gunpowder in general is pretty anti-nature in RPGs and GW2's ranger especially is very connected to nature.

Scepter AoE oriented spec. Much needed to Ranger.

Remove the pets since Anet keeps nerfing them. Put something more reliable and responsive.

I don't get you guys asking for Rifle. Each their taste, I guess... I just don't think it's going to be different enough from Longbow, which is already OUR snipping weapon. Imagine a Rifle/Longbow Ranger ? Oh boy, the cries.

@Krispera.5087 said:Scepter AoE oriented spec. Much needed to Ranger.

Remove the pets since Anet keeps nerfing them. Put something more reliable and responsive.

I don't get you guys asking for Rifle. Each their taste, I guess... I just don't think it's going to be different enough from Longbow, which is already OUR snipping weapon. Imagine a Rifle/Longbow Ranger ? Oh boy, the cries.

I think it depends on how Anet could build the rifle in Rangers' hand.Staff DD and rev works completely differently from an Elementalist or Druid, this could also apply to Rangers rifles.I like the idea of the scepter, but I wouldn't mind getting 5 new rifle or hammer skills.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@Jheuloh.4109 said:Hammer.

Bunny Thumper! Bunny Thumper! Bunny Thumper!

This. Long over due. Also, rabbits should become a new pet, with a vorpal attack. Do not question the Bunny Thumper

Yes this is a GW1 reference

Honarable mention would be mace I guess.

Juvenile Champion Rabbit andJuvenile Bunny Grande will be new pets.They will be exclusive to the Thumber elite spec, but no other pets can be used.They come with 4 dye channels.

@Fueki.4753 said:

@Jheuloh.4109 said:Hammer.

Bunny Thumper! Bunny Thumper! Bunny Thumper!

This. Long over due. Also, rabbits should become a new pet, with a vorpal attack. Do not question the Bunny Thumper

Yes this is a GW1 reference

Honarable mention would be mace I guess.

Juvenile Champion Rabbit
and
Juvenile Bunny Grande
will be new pets.They will be exclusive to the Thumber elite spec, but no other pets can be used.They come with 4 dye channels.

Juvenile Legendary White Rabbit only pet with 18 dye channels, but only for different shades of white, with the exception of the blood around its mouth which cannot be dyed and is always red.