WvW

Curi.4201

I don't see why ppl are still crying for WvW alliances, sooner or later you'll get an update to WvW, ANet made an entire map in WvW style to show that they do care about it and you're still complaining. What should PvE players say? There hasn't been a new raid nor new fractal for 1 year +. People who are asking for balance updates can wait as well. There was a huge balance update not too long ago. Of course there are things that need fixing and even more balancing but GW2 isn't all about WvW, the team has so much to thing about apart from WvW so chill out and just wait...

@Curi.4201 said:I don't see why ppl are still crying for WvW alliances, sooner or later you'll get an update to WvW, ANet made an entire map in WvW style to show that they do care about it and you're still complaining. What should PvE players say?

There hasn't been a new raid nor new fractal for 1 year +. People who are asking for balance updates can wait as well.

It’s been a whole year? Wow.. Sorry man. I can’t imagine what that is like. I truly hope it doesn’t go much longer. I would feel really bad if it ever approached 2 or 2 and 1/2 years. That would be borderline horrific.

There was a huge balance update not too long ago.(With a statement that balance cadence would be every 4-6 weeks).Of course there are things that need fixing(That have been broken since HoT as well as the mount release)and even more balancing but GW2 isn't all about WvW,(you don’t have to worry.. the people who play WvW definitely know this)the team has so much to thing about apart from WvW so chill out and just wait...

@Curi.4201 said:... GW2 isn't all about WvW ...It never was, ANet has never cared for that game mode. In the early days they didn't care because you can't make WvW into an ESport(yes Anet wanted to be part of that hype at some point), now because it's hard to monetize.When you say PvE hasn't had a Raid or Fractal you are only speaking for a small part of the PvE community, the big part of PvE players enjoy the story and the new map, do a few achievements then leave the game until the next patch hits and thoise players get relatively constant updates to what they enjoy doing.Don't tell a loyal part of the community, that has been in the game from the start while being ignored by developement that they should just be patient and stop whining.

Now you are just whiteknighting ANET's approach to everything that isn't PvE. You know what Drizzlewood is? Its a more polished Silverwastes map, that's it. Not some "oh we care about WvW we want to bring it to PvE". Alliances is so long overdue that everyone who wanted it already quit, and now there is little to no demand for it. Balance patches are baffling at best.

@Curi.4201 said:ANet made an entire map in WvW style to show that they do care about it and you're still complaining.

What new map? Last map we got was 5 years ago called "desert borderlands". If you are talking about the recent "living world map", which is a PvE map, I and I wouldn't be surprised if most if not all WvW players don't care about that map because it's not related to WvW. If you fail or succeed in that map it doesn't affect WvW in any way. So yeah if people are complaining I understand because 1 new PvE map that's somewhat similar to a WvW map or if you are referring to the 1 new WvW map they added 5 years ago is not a good enough reason at all for them to stop complaining.

@Curi.4201 said:What should PvE players say? There hasn't been a new raid nor new fractal for 1 year +.

Excuse me for not having any sympathy for you but you've probably gotten several new raids and fractals in the last 5 years while we have only gotten 1 new WvW map and if I also throw in the recent living world map, which in my opinion doesn't count, that makes what..... 2 maps in 5 years.

@Curi.4201 said:I don't see why ppl are still crying for WvW alliances, sooner or later you'll get an update to WvW. But GW2 isn't all about WvW, the team has so much to thing about apart from WvW so chill out and just wait...

I mean I don't care about alliances either way but maybe people are crying and being impatient about it cuz it's something that WvW really needs and it was first mentioned 2.5 years ago? So I understand if my fellow WvW players don't want "chill out"on this subject.

I don't WvW much (the recent Warclaw nerfs will reduce that even further), but even I can recognise the heavy neglect to the mode.

Drizzlewood is an attempt to bring WvW into pve which they didn't really do as well as they could. In the end, it is still eclipsed by Silverwasres and Dragonfall which do that style of battle map much better. the WvW stuff was mostly incidental and didn't really affect anything beyond the zone capping (which felt forced compared the organic implementation of the far superior and polished Silverwastes)

The problem with "sooner or later" they'll get a patch is, that the sooner or later expectation has been held onto for years, whilst pve gets monthly updates. Yes, pve is the big draw and the bread and butter, but WvW is criminally neglected in comparison

I wont bother myself to react to that OP trolling clickbait attempt (after balance patch , it seems like PvE ppl enjoying trolling WvW ppl), but I want to react to this:

@lokh.2695 said:It never was, ANet has never cared for that game mode. In the early days they didn't care because you can't make WvW into an ESport(yes Anet wanted to be part of that hype at some point), now because it's hard to monetize.Actually there are rumors that ArenaNet do not want Alliances to happen , because current WvW status generate more money income that Alliances probably would. Why? Some guilds are transfering between servers at the time when linking system switch. Those transfers cost Gems. While Gems can be earned by ingame gold exchange, those transfers ar usualy done by real money GW2 Gem purchase. To say it in one sentence:

Alliances = no more guild transfers = no more money income from guild transfers.

This is a typical behavior from people who aren't happy with the 95% of the content catered to them, and think somehow that the rest 5% that's targeted to other players somehow.... Ruins their fun. People who never ever step foot in wvw and complain about "GoB acquisition OmAgAwD sO hArD" when they wanna make a leggy .

Even as a "hardly ever does WvW" player I don't quite get what the OP is blabbering about (unless they really are just trolling). Why should WvW players be silent when they want (or like or don't like) something? And why the heck should they be told what to do by a random forum newcomer?

@Curi.4201 said:I don't see why ppl are still crying for WvW alliances, sooner or later you'll get an update to WvW, ANet made an entire map in WvW style to show that they do care about it and you're still complaining. What should PvE players say? There hasn't been a new raid nor new fractal for 1 year +. People who are asking for balance updates can wait as well. There was a huge balance update not too long ago. Of course there are things that need fixing and even more balancing but GW2 isn't all about WvW, the team has so much to thing about apart from WvW so chill out and just wait...Hello friend, you realize that World restructuring / Alliances for WvW is just World restructuring / Megaservers right? That came out for PvE in 2014. That was 6 years ago. WvW is still lagging behind PvE by 6 years. So, what should PvE players say? Well, hopefully something more accurate and empathetic than the uninformed and spoiled stuff that you are providing us with right now.