Dear Anet, I love Halloween.. But. — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Dear Anet, I love Halloween.. But.

STIHL.2489STIHL.2489 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited October 19, 2017 in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

I am not asking for much here, but some of us don't have the twitch skill to do the clock tower, and I know.. I know.. I don't want to cheapen the abilities of those that do have the twitch skill, but.. can we make it so that after 100 tries, we get 1 pity completion?

Given some people want to be nasty about it, and you support selling raids and other content, maybe you could sell a completion in the Gem store. I'd be wiling to pay around 20 dollars in gems to get this over with.

There are two kinds of Gamers, Salty, and Extra Salty.
Ego is the Anesthesia that dullens the pain of Stupidity.

Tagged:
<1345

Comments

  • STIHL.2489STIHL.2489 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 19, 2017

    Amended my post just for you.

    There are two kinds of Gamers, Salty, and Extra Salty.
    Ego is the Anesthesia that dullens the pain of Stupidity.

  • Ayumi Spender.1082Ayumi Spender.1082 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Wait. What's the twitch skill? Please tell me what this is. I've beaten it, but if it would make it easier I would actually try to beat it a 2nd time.
    What is a twitch skill?

  • Ayumi Spender.1082Ayumi Spender.1082 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Donari.5237 said:

    @Ayumi Spender.1082 said:
    Wait. What's the twitch skill? Please tell me what this is. I've beaten it, but if it would make it easier I would actually try to beat it a 2nd time.
    What is a twitch skill?

    I'll take that as a serious question. "Twitch skill" refers to having very fast reflexes, being able to very quickly and accurately do fast-reaction motion and control in games. So OP wasn't saying some people or professions have an in-game skill on their bar that helps, s/he was saying some people are physically better at rapid keyboard/mouse action.

    (I am someone without high twitch skill, though happily it is not due to anything but being older).

    Ah. I'm playing with a controller. I would never beat this with keyboard/mouse. My hands would jolt way too much and screw me up.
    I already screw up a ton with the controller but it would be way worse on mouse.

  • Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I agree with the people saying the main thing is to learn and remember the path, and to not let the time limit/green death goo panic you. That's the hardest part of timed puzzles (or any timed activity) for me - I panic and try to rush it and then I mess up. You actually have plenty of time to stop and/or make a few corrections along the way, as long as it's not too many.

    Worst case scenario you can afford to be waist deep (on a human) in the green goo and you won't die, as long as you get out again before it rises.

    Also if you're using your keyboard to turn that will slow you down a lot. Even if you don't use it normally I highly recommend turning on Action Camera for this puzzle - then your character will run/jump in whatever direction you point the camera. You don't need to position them 1st, they will turn instantly to face the way the camera is pointing.

    "Hard knocks, bad luck, been knocked down,
    You got back up, rise up, shine on, keep on fighting, the war is almost done...But then I hear you're gone.
    I feel, when the lights go down, you are still here, all you hold dear remains.
    Your star never fades."

  • Honestly, with how unused to Action Cam that I am it would make me fall more and get stuck in the green goo more.

    "For the Panini!" // NA (USA)/Ehmry Bay/[EBAY]
    Main character--Runa Xandrill, Level 80 Female Human Dragonhunter

  • Dear Anet, I love don't care Halloween.. But where are my cat ears?

  • Shirlias.8104Shirlias.8104 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @STIHL.2489 said:
    I am not asking for much here, but some of us don't have the twitch skill to do the clock tower, and I know.. I know.. I don't want to cheapen the abilities of those that do have the twitch skill, but.. can we make it so that after 100 tries, we get 1 pity completion?

    Given some people want to be nasty about it, and you support selling raids and other content, maybe you could sell a completion in the Gem store. I'd be wiling to pay around 20 dollars in gems to get this over with.

    If anet were ok i could do it for you for free.
    Yesterday was pretty a challenge between me and Another player.

  • Svarty.8019Svarty.8019 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I try the clocktower ONE time every year. It's still horrible after 5 years.

    Necro. Never knowingly blasting combo fields since 2012.

  • Shirlias.8104Shirlias.8104 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Ayumi Spender.1082 said:

    @Donari.5237 said:

    @Ayumi Spender.1082 said:
    Wait. What's the twitch skill? Please tell me what this is. I've beaten it, but if it would make it easier I would actually try to beat it a 2nd time.
    What is a twitch skill?

    I'll take that as a serious question. "Twitch skill" refers to having very fast reflexes, being able to very quickly and accurately do fast-reaction motion and control in games. So OP wasn't saying some people or professions have an in-game skill on their bar that helps, s/he was saying some people are physically better at rapid keyboard/mouse action.

    (I am someone without high twitch skill, though happily it is not due to anything but being older).

    Ah. I'm playing with a controller. I would never beat this with keyboard/mouse. My hands would jolt way too much and screw me up.
    I already screw up a ton with the controller but it would be way worse on mouse.

    With a controller could really be the real deal.
    Gonna try once back.

  • just take your time for it, don't try to do it too fast, you'll end up jumping on the wrong blocks.

    if you have to stop at a certain part to turn and carefully jump, do so. Most of the time with the clocktower there is an easy part after a hard part. also with the cog you have to jump on, walk as far as you can since it's one of the trickier ones.

    IMO the wintersday jpis more frustrating, because the presents part is tricky with a whole bunch of people there, jumping to early and falling to their deaths, but it still causes the presents to explode and thus you have to wait for them to respawn again.

  • Clocktower release year is where i learned how to jump, you don't need fast reflexes or memory, you need to be confident enough about your character movement to land where you want to go. I probably took me +30 times first year, but I now have a 3 year streak of completing it first try. Proper jumping is a big part of gw2, don't devaluate that part of the game.

  • Zaltys.7649Zaltys.7649 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 20, 2017

    Compared to the PoF story battles (and travel in Desolation/Wabbi), the clocktower was easy. I'd prefer to see more content like it: content that requires precision and rote memory instead of quick reflexes and "twitch" skills..

  • We already had a nerf on the Eater of Souls, please don't tell me a jumping puzzle is too hard for you as well.

  • Samnang.1879Samnang.1879 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 19, 2017

    Can ppl pls stop complaining about the difficulty of things in this game???
    NOTHING in the game is that hard (save from getting god of pvp title).
    90% of guild wars 2 content is easy and made for casuals, hearts, map events, low level fractals, stories. this jp is something that comes once every year, let the ppl who enjoy the challenge have their enjoyment of the challenge instead of making anet dum down all the content cuz u can't do it. its not fair and unreasonable.

    Anet: give us in-game customizable human NPC companion please
    Please, no more balance changes, or at least reset our gears so we don't have to waste gold changing gears every time.
    Please have option to not receive bloodstone dusts, empyreal fragments, dragonite etc

  • @CharterforGw.3149 said:
    IMO the wintersday jpis more frustrating, because the presents part is tricky with a whole bunch of people there, jumping to early and falling to their deaths, but it still causes the presents to explode and thus you have to wait for them to respawn again.

    I respectfully disagree - in the Wintersday JP you won't fall into green goo if you see too many other players jumping on the presents while you decide to hang back and wait.

    "For the Panini!" // NA (USA)/Ehmry Bay/[EBAY]
    Main character--Runa Xandrill, Level 80 Female Human Dragonhunter

  • Endless Soul.5178Endless Soul.5178 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I see nothing wrong with OPs "pity completion" request, as long as they actually tried and not just AFKd through the whole instance.

    As for "twitch skills", I certainly don't have that. As a 49 year old gamer, with slow, fumbly fingers, I was able to beat this puzzle last night, 4 times in one round in one case. It really is memorization. Humming a tune while running and jumping also helped calm me down and focus on the path.

    Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Bekka | Akee | Feyyt | Nuumy | Tylee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Sixx | Claara | Conii | Jymm | Synn

    Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade but your soul is endless

  • Loboling.5293Loboling.5293 Member ✭✭✭

    I'm fine with this. I can't remember how many tries it took me. I don't think I ever would've gotten it if not for watching other people beat it, as I tried to keep up with them. It was one of the best feelings I had when I finally beat it, and now every year I do it still just to help others get up.

    However, if someone wants to avoid that high you get when you finally beat it, and you've been trying 100 times. I say, why not give it to you. You're missing one fun feeling when you beat it on your own.

    Anyway, after 100 times if you haven't made any real progress, just give them the achievement. My opinion.

  • @Svarty.8019 said:
    I try the clocktower ONE time every year. It's still horrible after 5 years.

    I tried it five years ago ... Again and again and again and ... I finally opened the final chest up, up, there.
    Then, i quit GW² ... 'Til now, five years later i'm back, for the same event. It was absolutly not on purpose but here i am, so i've decided to try it again.
    Really, i saw there's some minor changes since the last time and i really think it's easier, because i don't fall as quickly as i was used to. So i keep the secret hope to succeed for the 2nd time.
    ... And win these stupid boots ! :D
    I'll wear them five more years, like the last ones XD

  • Djinn.9245Djinn.9245 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 19, 2017

    @onevstheworld.2419 said:
    I wouldn't say this JP needs "twitch" skill. It's a lot of memorizing the route, timing and not letting the acid death pool spoil your concentration (this is the bit I find the hardest). The first 1/3rd is the hardest, then you actually outrun the acid and the next 2/3rds become less frantic. There is no variance that you need to react to, unlike the snowball Skriit in the Wintersday JP, hence my assertion that twitchiness is not required.

    If it's any consolation, both this and Wintersday JP took me 50+ attempts before I succeeded. But once done, getting them to farm status was very quick. I love both these JPs now (or maybe it's Stockholm syndrome)

    Just for background, I'm a person who, when GW2 first came out, I thought some Vistas were JP. No, not the couple that actually are. Anyway, that's my level of skill when it comes to JP. And while I'm sure you are correct about memorization, JP still take a lot of ability to jump and hit the exact spot. It's not like jumping in JP is like bouncing mushrooms that place you exactly where you need to land. So while most JP don't have things actively trying to hit you, that doesn't mean that they aren't without twitch demands.

  • @Ayumi Spender.1082 said:

    @Donari.5237 said:

    @Ayumi Spender.1082 said:
    Wait. What's the twitch skill? Please tell me what this is. I've beaten it, but if it would make it easier I would actually try to beat it a 2nd time.
    What is a twitch skill?

    I'll take that as a serious question. "Twitch skill" refers to having very fast reflexes, being able to very quickly and accurately do fast-reaction motion and control in games. So OP wasn't saying some people or professions have an in-game skill on their bar that helps, s/he was saying some people are physically better at rapid keyboard/mouse action.

    (I am someone without high twitch skill, though happily it is not due to anything but being older).

    Ah. I'm playing with a controller. I would never beat this with keyboard/mouse. My hands would jolt way too much and screw me up.
    I already screw up a ton with the controller but it would be way worse on mouse.

    HOW?!

  • Kronos.3695Kronos.3695 Member ✭✭✭

    I don't get what's hard about the CT, It's even easier than it used to be at the release in 2012 and in 2013 we used to farm it for bags due to how fast it was to be completed.
    Just memorize the path (or watch a video for it) until you feel confortable with it, and jump into it :)

    Kronos Ledaloth
    Leader and founder of Bloodstone Keepers [BloS] - Visit us at our website or facebook page!

  • Shard.4791Shard.4791 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 19, 2017

    I would love if Anet coded so you could physically carry other people in the jp if they wanted (LW skritt anyone?) :joy: Like for example past the tricky parts. Or they could have some sort of ferry fee of lets say 50 silver from some npc that let you start higher on the tower since the ending is easier.

  • Samnang.1879Samnang.1879 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @troops.8276 said:

    @Samnang.1879 said:
    Can ppl pls stop complaining about the difficulty of things in this game???
    NOTHING in the game is that hard (save from getting god of pvp title).
    90% of guild wars 2 content is easy and made for casuals, hearts, map events, low level fractals, stories. this jp is something that comes once every year, let the ppl who enjoy the challenge have their enjoyment of the challenge instead of making anet dum down all the content cuz u can't do it. its not fair and unreasonable.

    I think OP was 'complaining' about their own inability and not asking for it too be 'dumbed down'. Rather just wanting a 'different' way to complete it.

    Something may be easy for you but that doesn't mean its easy for everyone. Just like how it was easy for me to understand what the OP actually meant. ;)

    Some things may be relatively easy for most people but may take time and time is a commodity that many don't have much of. Or as the 'no lifers' put it 'casual'.

    ??
    Requesting for a success reward after 100 failed attempts is asking for anet to dumb it down, since you don't have to successfully complete something to succeed in it.
    I never said this jp was easy, i said it was a challenge. I said hearts are easy, it's objective, not subjective, if anyone in this universe thinks gw2 hearts are hard, then idk what to say. I'ts the most braindead activity i know.

    I never been able to get gold in most HoT adventures, i'm not going to come on here to complain, "OMG i cna't get gold, plz give me pity gold reward"... kitten... that just invalidate other's efforts. It's like throwing a pie in their face.

    Anet: give us in-game customizable human NPC companion please
    Please, no more balance changes, or at least reset our gears so we don't have to waste gold changing gears every time.
    Please have option to not receive bloodstone dusts, empyreal fragments, dragonite etc

  • Grimheart.2853Grimheart.2853 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 19, 2017

    As far as I remember, the only meaningful thing in clocktower completion is lunatic boots, that count towards the mad memoirs collection. You can craft them with a recipe, making the clocktower completion not mandatory. What's your problem here?

  • Deihnyx.6318Deihnyx.6318 Member ✭✭✭

    You should NEVER use the keyboard to turn. Ever. Only use it for strafing and skills.
    Instead control the camera with your mouse (right click) and a left click while controlling the camera will make your character move and turn accordingly to the camera (= much faster)

    If you wonder why you have so many issues with JPs... look no further that is why.

  • STIHL.2489STIHL.2489 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @troops.8276 said:

    @Samnang.1879 said:
    Can ppl pls stop complaining about the difficulty of things in this game???
    NOTHING in the game is that hard (save from getting god of pvp title).
    90% of guild wars 2 content is easy and made for casuals, hearts, map events, low level fractals, stories. this jp is something that comes once every year, let the ppl who enjoy the challenge have their enjoyment of the challenge instead of making anet dum down all the content cuz u can't do it. its not fair and unreasonable.

    I think OP was 'complaining' about their own inability and not asking for it too be 'dumbed down'. Rather just wanting a 'different' way to complete it.

    Something may be easy for you but that doesn't mean its easy for everyone. Just like how it was easy for me to understand what the OP actually meant. ;)

    Some things may be relatively easy for most people but may take time and time is a commodity that many don't have much of. Or as the 'no lifers' put it 'casual'.

    This was my point, it also stonewalls progress in many other activities, like the book, and the boots. If the clock tower was standalone, I'd be more then happy to avoid it and let people farm it for bags and whatever. But, since it's tied to a few other items, I don't think it's asking to much, to give a "You gave it your best" completion, after 100 tries.

    @Loboling.5293 said:
    I'm fine with this. I can't remember how many tries it took me. I don't think I ever would've gotten it if not for watching other people beat it, as I tried to keep up with them. It was one of the best feelings I had when I finally beat it, and now every year I do it still just to help others get up.

    However, if someone wants to avoid that high you get when you finally beat it, and you've been trying 100 times. I say, why not give it to you. You're missing one fun feeling when you beat it on your own.

    Anyway, after 100 times if you haven't made any real progress, just give them the achievement. My opinion.

    I agree, there should be some kind of maybe checkpoint, that have to reach for it to count.. like say.. you need to at least jump onto the platform that comes off the tower wall at the start. I know I fail getting past that point a lot. But getting to it would remove the AFK players at least.

    There are two kinds of Gamers, Salty, and Extra Salty.
    Ego is the Anesthesia that dullens the pain of Stupidity.

  • STIHL.2489STIHL.2489 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Deihnyx.6318 said:
    You should NEVER use the keyboard to turn. Ever. Only use it for strafing and skills.
    Instead control the camera with your mouse (right click) and a left click while controlling the camera will make your character move and turn accordingly to the camera (= much faster)

    If you wonder why you have so many issues with JPs... look no further that is why.

    Ahem.. ok I admit I'm old.. my hands not quite as good as they used to be, but.. get this.. not only do I use Action Camera, I also use a Naga Mouse, and a Orbweaver for left hand controls, and I am still not getting far.

    Now.. I dunno.. Maybe I will beat it before I reach 100 tries, I wager I am at around the 50 - 60 mark, but it would be nice to see that even if after 100 tries I still can't get it, that Anet would give a single completion for perseverance if not for my skill.

    There are two kinds of Gamers, Salty, and Extra Salty.
    Ego is the Anesthesia that dullens the pain of Stupidity.

  • Deihnyx.6318Deihnyx.6318 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 19, 2017

    There are quite a few collections gated behind challenging content.
    If you nerf the tower... whats next... SAB Trials and Tribs? You get weapons at the end after all... and it certainly takes hundreds of tries to master world 2.

    Please stop trying to nerf everything. This isnt even a story quest this time.

  • STIHL.2489STIHL.2489 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Grimheart.2853 said:
    As far as I remember, the only meaningful thing in clocktower completion is lunatic boots, that count towards the mad memoirs collection. You can craft them with a recipe, making the clocktower completion not mandatory. What's your problem here?

    Eh.. Gonna go look into that right now.

    There are two kinds of Gamers, Salty, and Extra Salty.
    Ego is the Anesthesia that dullens the pain of Stupidity.

  • Curious, the JP is just 10 ap, does it really matter that much? Just skip it and do the other ones.

  • As someone who has fallen from the tower well over three hundred times and plays exclusively the bulkiest race in the game, I will tell you that winning does not require twitch skill. You keep moving forward and memorize the exact path you need to take.

    [Charr Noises]
    [Plays every class]
    [JUST GIT EVEN GUDDER ITS FINE]

  • 1 - Twitch skill isn't applicable here, the tower is VERY much trial and error. you can circumvent nearly all of the challenge by knowing how to navigate it before hand.

    2 - You can buy the reward from said clocktower with cobs and craft it yourself (Lunatic boots.) meaning outside of AP, the clocktower is completely optional towards the book quest.

  • Menadena.7482Menadena.7482 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Deihnyx.6318 said:
    You should NEVER use the keyboard to turn. Ever. Only use it for strafing and skills.
    Instead control the camera with your mouse (right click) and a left click while controlling the camera will make your character move and turn accordingly to the camera (= much faster)

    If you wonder why you have so many issues with JPs... look no further that is why.

    What the?

    Maybe for you but I would watch the word "never". I have been playing games with a keyboard for, what, about 40 years. That is some pretty strong muscle memory there! To me turning with a mouse is awkward because it goes against decades of how to react. That is like those people saying not to hold the space bar down too long in JPs because you will not go further (even though that is precisely what you do with the raptor jump).

    New to the game? Feel free to give a yell if you need PVE help.

  • Deihnyx.6318Deihnyx.6318 Member ✭✭✭

    @Menadena.7482 said:

    @Deihnyx.6318 said:
    You should NEVER use the keyboard to turn. Ever. Only use it for strafing and skills.
    Instead control the camera with your mouse (right click) and a left click while controlling the camera will make your character move and turn accordingly to the camera (= much faster)

    If you wonder why you have so many issues with JPs... look no further that is why.

    What the?

    Maybe for you but I would watch the word "never". I have been playing games with a keyboard for, what, about 40 years. That is some pretty strong muscle memory there! To me turning with a mouse is awkward because it goes against decades of how to react. That is like those people saying not to hold the space bar down too long in JPs because you will not go further (even though that is precisely what you do with the raptor jump).

    Its not for me. Rotating with keys will objectively always be slower, just like clicking on skills rather than using keys will also be slower.

    Its not because some activities can be done with a keyboard that it works as the perfect controller for every type of game. Typically moving in a 3d world is more precise with an analogic stick (you can go slower or faster also), fps are commonly better with a mouse (faster reactions), etc.

    If using skills is indeed better with a keyboard, when it comes to movement and especially if you need to react fast, a mouse will be objectively better.

  • Menadena.7482Menadena.7482 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Deihnyx.6318 said:

    @Menadena.7482 said:

    @Deihnyx.6318 said:
    You should NEVER use the keyboard to turn. Ever. Only use it for strafing and skills.
    Instead control the camera with your mouse (right click) and a left click while controlling the camera will make your character move and turn accordingly to the camera (= much faster)

    If you wonder why you have so many issues with JPs... look no further that is why.

    What the?

    Maybe for you but I would watch the word "never". I have been playing games with a keyboard for, what, about 40 years. That is some pretty strong muscle memory there! To me turning with a mouse is awkward because it goes against decades of how to react. That is like those people saying not to hold the space bar down too long in JPs because you will not go further (even though that is precisely what you do with the raptor jump).

    Its not for me. Rotating with keys will objectively always be slower, just like clicking on skills rather than using keys will also be slower.

    Its not because some activities can be done with a keyboard that it works as the perfect controller for every type of game. Typically moving in a 3d world is more precise with an analogic stick (you can go slower or faster also), fps are commonly better with a mouse (faster reactions), etc.

    If using skills is indeed better with a keyboard, when it comes to movement and especially if you need to react fast, a mouse will be objectively better.

    For you maybe but you said never. I will match 4 decades of muscle memory of doing things one way vs if I tried to do things another way any day. I decided to give ESO a try once. There were some things I liked and other things I hated, but do you want to know what made me give it up? No option to turn with a keyboard. It was dumbing down my reactions.

    New to the game? Feel free to give a yell if you need PVE help.

  • Grim West.3194Grim West.3194 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 19, 2017

    @STIHL.2489 said:
    I am not asking for much here, but some of us don't have the twitch skill to do the clock tower, and I know.. I know.. I don't want to cheapen the abilities of those that do have the twitch skill, but.. can we make it so that after 100 tries, we get 1 pity completion?

    Given some people want to be nasty about it, and you support selling raids and other content, maybe you could sell a completion in the Gem store. I'd be wiling to pay around 20 dollars in gems to get this over with.

    Lol. I like the 100 try / pity completion idea. Made me laugh and maybe there is a way to implement it.

    I love the really tough jumping puzzles, wish they had more of them. But I realize not everyone can do these, or even wants to.

  • ROMANG.1903ROMANG.1903 Member ✭✭✭

    Well, you need to do the content to get the reward. Do you get a daily fractal chest when you don't complete a fractal? Do you get promoted in PvP when you loose your games? Do you get to capture a fort in WvW if your bus dies? No, so why should this be different?

  • I hate JPs in this game because after the 4-5th attempt I start to get really frustrated which I don't like, so I stop doing them. There is something about JPs which I just eternally hate if I fail them which I is why I avoid them. With that being said, if your goal to complete it is just the boots then I recommend you just craft them like I did to avoid the JP altogether.

    If Life gives you lemons, put the lemons in a sack and beat up Life for giving you lemons in the first place.

  • Westenev.5289Westenev.5289 Member ✭✭✭✭

    This is my third Halloween event so far, so I have quite a bit of experience with the Clocktower.

    On my first year, I could barely make it to the first checkpoint. The course seemed long and impossible.
    On my second year, I made it after repeated attempts. It seemed REALLY daunting at first, but I had the advantage of playing durring quiet hours!
    On my third year, the Jp seemed natural. It's short, and I know where to go.

    My advice is to take it one step at a time - learn your path, and stick to it. Watch what other players do, follow for a while, and then take a dive when it becomes too much. Practice the moves you like, throw out what you don't. When you have that technique down pact, move on. If you do this enough times, the course will open up to you.

    You don’t need the reflexes of a cat, you only need muscle memory. Once you have that down pact, you’ll be zooming through the course in no time.

  • @UrMom.4205 said:
    Curious, the JP is just 10 ap, does it really matter that much? Just skip it and do the other ones.

    10? I'm going to get 35 out of it before Halloween is done.

  • FrizzFreston.5290FrizzFreston.5290 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I don't see why. After doing 100 failed attempts on a raid boss you also dont get 1 pity completion.

    Or any other content for that matter.

    The necessity isn't there either. Any reward you can get through other means too. Aside from the few AP and a few candy corn. Its just more of the same stuff. Theres literally no exclusive reward.

  • While I'm sure they'd never do something like that (especially with the craftable recipe workaround), I feel you. Jumping puzzles frustrate me but there's also this major sense of triumph when I complete them. I'd given up on the clock tower for now (after only about five tries, with some progress made each time, but I was getting frustrated) but maybe I'll give it a few (dozen) more tries before the event is over. Y'all have inspired me.

  • STIHL.2489STIHL.2489 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @FrizzFreston.5290 said:
    I don't see why. After doing 100 failed attempts on a raid boss you also dont get 1 pity completion.

    The Halloween event is supposed to be a fun filled event for everyone, to enjoy not some "hardcore challenge" like raids, but a festive occasion to bring people together for themed entertainment.

    By all means, take your raids and whatever else makes you feel like you matter, and enjoy those things, but, for a Halloween event, there is nothing wrong with everyone getting a prize.

    There are two kinds of Gamers, Salty, and Extra Salty.
    Ego is the Anesthesia that dullens the pain of Stupidity.

  • RoseofGilead.8907RoseofGilead.8907 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Just my own anecdote: The first year of Halloween, I never beat the JP. I never beat this one or Winter Wonderland (back when you were given a randomly chosen path and everyone on the map started at the same time). The second year, after many many many tries, I beat it (and also beat Winter Wonderland that year, as well). I only beat it maybe twice that year, but I still did it. The third year, I beat it after just a couple of attempts and was able to repeatedly beat it for funsies, and that's been the case in the last two years, as well.

    Practice and change up what isn't working. Way back at the start, I was using keyboard to turn and was wasting valuable time. I also was just blindly running at it and not trying to keep track of what was working. Once year two came around, I paid more attention and also started using my mouse to turn, and I got it. So, yeah, it's frustrating to see yourself fail over and over, but practicing is the only way you're going to have a shot at getting better.

    Oh look. I have a signature now.

  • troops.8276troops.8276 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 19, 2017

    ??
    Requesting for a success reward after 100 failed attempts is asking for anet to kitten it down, since you don't have to successfully complete something to succeed in it.
    I never said this jp was easy, i said it was a challenge. I said hearts are easy, it's objective, not subjective, if anyone in this universe thinks gw2 hearts are hard, then idk what to say. I'ts the most braindead activity i know.

    I never been able to get gold in most HoT adventures, i'm not going to come on here to complain, "OMG i cna't get gold, plz give me pity gold reward"... kitten... that just invalidate other's efforts. It's like throwing a pie in their face.

    I see, I took 'dum down the content'' to mean making the content it self easier as opposed to making getting the reward, subjectively, easier. Doing it 100x is perseverance, which is a good thing that is often rewarded. For example in grind based games like, I don't know, most mmo's? I doubt I could persevere more than a couple of times to say, explain something to a kitten.

    Oh, you also said 90% of the game was easy not just hearts amongst other things but I'll say no more on it ;)

This discussion has been closed.
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.