top 250 is 1200?

Lighter.5631

@Lighter.5631 said:

@Dantheman.3589 said:Your probably confused by the fact that there was a mini season. The actual season has been going on a few days so ofc rating for top 250 is nothing like the end of normal seasons.

first day of previous seasons had more player on LB then this

Pretty sure last season was officially the nail in the coffin for whatever shred remained of the ranked competitive mode. People really have decided not to feed the scene at this point.

The game mode pretty much came out of the closet publicly as the lie that it is, when accounts like NEX took top positions after an entire season of blatantly using hack programs without any repercussion from arenanet, and top players were caught match manipulating and exposed by streamers.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

@Dantheman.3589 said:Your probably confused by the fact that there was a mini season. The actual season has been going on a few days so ofc rating for top 250 is nothing like the end of normal seasons.

Pretty sure last season was officially the nail in the coffin for whatever shred remained of the ranked competitive mode. People really have decided not to feed the scene at this point.

The game mode pretty much came out of the closet publicly as the lie that it is, when accounts like NEX took top positions after an entire season of blatantly using hack programs without any repercussion from arenanet, and top players were caught match manipulating and exposed by streamers.

Ranked hasn't been competitive since it's inception. It's just good practice for AT's and WvW.

Also top players boosted him instead of refusing to play with him on their team so the community has no one to blame but themselves.

@Shiyo.3578 said:

@"Dantheman.3589" said:Your probably confused by the fact that there was a mini season. The actual season has been going on a few days so ofc rating for top 250 is nothing like the end of normal seasons.

Ranked hasn't been competitive since it's inception. It's just good practice for AT's and WvW.

Also top players boosted him instead of refusing to play with him on their team so the community has no one to blame but themselves.

I'd argue that it was at least slightly more competitive at the beginning, and it was at least more competitive, comparatively, when ESL still had a presence for GW2. Since then, however? Nope. Dumpster fire. You can even visibly see how very little people respect Ranked, rating, and the leaderboard, as well as other players. Even ATs aren't competitive, its essentially the same 3 to 4 teams comprising of the same people and this is mostly because its all time gated.

I also think that with Conquest being a 5v5 team mode and yet the Leaderboard only recognizes individual players makes for a much more "lone wolf" mentality that has lead to the environment becoming increasingly toxic. Pretty much any game that has solo/duo queue for its Ranked matchmaking sees this, GW2 isn't unique in that regard. Happens on League too. You essentially start looking at your teammates as "being in the way" or "getting in the way" of your progress if they make a mistake, just happen to perform worse that day/match or are still trying to work out the deeper mechanics for that particular mode and how things are played at that particular division/tier.

What did it in was literally seeing someone who used hacks on stream end up winning a gizmo and not get banned at all lmao.

The fact that this game mode doesn’t even get the attention it needs to clean up some of its issues is crazy. I use to really enjoy playing this game and actually look forward in doing At’s / Monthly with a group. However the movement Covid became a thing anet had literally been MIA with updating us on a single thing. The game mode has been filled with bots and a few hackers one who has won a monthly lmaooo....

Lack of balance or addressing the issue at hand has literally forced a load of top players to not log in anymore. If right now top 50 is over 1400 then that’s a sign that the game mode is dead. Why continue to log in and play knowing it’s a joke at this point? Why waste you’re time by putting effort that won’t even get respected with the design of the game is made to have you fail for playing more then xx games a day?

If anyone at this point plays this game for its “combative” nature then you are playing the wrong game. Look into something else

@zoopop.5630 said:What did it in was literally seeing someone who used hacks on stream end up winning a gizmo and not get banned at all lmao.

The fact that this game mode doesn’t even get the attention it needs to clean up some of its issues is crazy. I use to really enjoy playing this game and actually look forward in doing At’s / Monthly with a group. However the movement Covid became a thing anet had literally been MIA with updating us on a single thing. The game mode has been filled with bots and a few hackers one who has won a monthly lmaooo....

Lack of balance or addressing the issue at hand has literally forced a load of top players to not log in anymore. If right now top 50 is over 1400 then that’s a sign that the game mode is dead. Why continue to log in and play knowing it’s a joke at this point? Why waste you’re time by putting effort that won’t even get respected with the design of the game is made to have you fail for playing more then xx games a day?

If anyone at this point plays this game for its “combative” nature then you are playing the wrong game. Look into something else

Dude I'm pretty sure at this point their office administration is operating off some kind of automated server updates or something.

Not even sure actual humans are tending to anything at all.

@Multicolorhipster.9751 said:The season just started at the time this was posted, but I get what you mean.

The top 250 standard is getting lower and lower which shows less and less people are playing.Which is probably the best thing you can do for both Ranked's and your own sake.

Boycott Ranked

^ It's true.

I've actually been thinking a lot lately about how much more fun it would be to boycott ranked to the point that there were only the hackers and win traders left. If you guys want to see the strongest clown fiesta imminence front of pure saturated would-be ego in all of gaming history, please boycott ranked. I'd like to see how long some of these people try to maintain a straight face on stream and act like their guild wars 2 ranking is real. It's already long been headed towards that point. The more I think about it, yeah this is already happening. It's exciting actually. I want to see who wears the most paint and puts on the best show.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:^ It's true.

I've actually been thinking a lot lately about how much more fun it would be to boycott ranked to the point that there were only the hackers and win traders left. If you guys want to see the strongest clown fiesta imminence front of pure saturated would-be ego in all of gaming history, please boycott ranked. I'd like to see how long some of these people try to maintain a straight face on stream and act like their guild wars 2 ranking is real. It's already long been headed towards that point. The more I think about it, yeah this is already happening. It's exciting actually. I want to see who wears the most paint and puts on the best show.

I'll still watch them try out of some sort of sick fascination like one would watching a train crash.What do the most toxic and evil players do when there's only other toxic and evil players left?

Maybe it'l turn into Fortnite until there's only one squad remaining to get that sweet victory royal royale... which in this case would be their audiences finally getting wise to the self-gratification.Queue the circus music and add in Fortnite dance emotes ?