A month and still no word on the new raid — Guild Wars 2 Forums

A month and still no word on the new raid

FeelsBadMan

Comments

  • Wojtason.7829Wojtason.7829 Member
    edited October 21, 2017

    FeelsGw2Man ;C

  • Redfeather.6401Redfeather.6401 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 21, 2017

    Maybe it is living story related. I would like to think it is. :astonished:

    Click on your name up top. Click the little icon with the down arrow for preferences. Click Signature Settings to the right.

  • TexZero.7910TexZero.7910 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Redfeather.6401 said:
    Maybe it is living story related. I would like to think it is. :astonished:

    It won't be. People cried really hard about lazarous for no reason so i don't even want to be on these forums to witness the storm that would happen if it was LS related.

  • STIHL.2489STIHL.2489 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Give them time, it's only been a month.. let the new Expansion at least lose some shine. I would wager you will har word in around 3 months, or right after Wintersday.. or maybe right before, that way all the casuals will farm the holiday event and not fuss about the raid being the only new content during a dry spell.. maybe they learned not to do that from HoT.

    There are two kinds of Gamers, Salty, and Extra Salty.
    Ego is the Anesthesia that dullens the pain of Stupidity.

  • @TexZero.7910 said:

    @Redfeather.6401 said:
    Maybe it is living story related. I would like to think it is. :astonished:

    It won't be. People cried really hard about lazarous for no reason so i don't even want to be on these forums to witness the storm that would happen if it was LS related.

    Inb4 new raid is a dumbed down story raid about braham and his crusade. "Everyone" is happy.

  • Since ANet never promised a particular release window and since there are all sorts of factors, this seems well with what any of us could have predicted.

    • HoT launched on 23 October 2015. Forsaken thicket was introduced 17 November 2015.
    • PoF launched on 22 September 2017. New raid launching on Oct 17 would be equivalent.

    If the new raid comes out on Tue 24, it would be only a week longer between launch and raid.

    Hype is the path to the dark side. Hype leads to unfulfilled expectations. Disappointment leads to anger. Anger leads to disgust. Disgust leads to "oh, new shinies! I'm back!"

  • nsleep.7839nsleep.7839 Member ✭✭
    edited October 22, 2017

    Weeks ago, before the PoF release I heard rumors on twitch that the new raid would be launched 6 to 8 weeks after the release, now there's another one going around that it will come after Halloween and it seems legit in my opinion, it doesn't sit that well releasing the new raid during a festival.

  • Talindra.4958Talindra.4958 Member ✭✭✭✭

    give them a bit of time.. be patience :P

    Death is Energy [DIE] in EU
    Envoy's Herald, CoZ, VitV, DD, SS, The Eternal, LNHB, Champion Magus, Champion Phantom, Wondrous Achiever etc.

  • maddoctor.2738maddoctor.2738 Member ✭✭✭✭

    You know this new raid requires testing by actual players. Players using the PoF elite specs that are not very well balanced.
    I don't want the new Raid to be balanced around these un-balanced elite specs, I'd rather they fix them first and then release the Raid.
    But I guess fixing the specs would take decades so a compromise is needed

  • Astralporing.1957Astralporing.1957 Member ✭✭✭✭

    There's Halloween now. No way they will release a new content during a festival - after all, festivals are one of the ways for them to get an additional breather. So, either it will be released somewhere inbetween Halloween and Wintersday, or past Wintersday.

    The whole point of a social game is to play with the people you want to play with, not be forced to play with the people you don't.

  • maddoctor.2738maddoctor.2738 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Astralporing.1957 said:
    There's Halloween now. No way they will release a new content during a festival - after all, festivals are one of the ways for them to get an additional breather. So, either it will be released somewhere inbetween Halloween and Wintersday, or past Wintersday.

    I vote for 2018 to be honest. After they release at least one huge balance patch for the elite specs

  • CptAurellian.9537CptAurellian.9537 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @maddoctor.2738 said:

    @Astralporing.1957 said:
    There's Halloween now. No way they will release a new content during a festival - after all, festivals are one of the ways for them to get an additional breather. So, either it will be released somewhere inbetween Halloween and Wintersday, or past Wintersday.

    I vote for 2018 to be honest. After they release at least one huge balance patch for the elite specs

    I agree. Would love to see a proper balance patch (that doesn't break as many things as it fixes ...) before a new, imbalanced raid comes out.

    Praise delta!

  • TexZero.7910TexZero.7910 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Astralporing.1957 said:
    There's Halloween now. No way they will release a new content during a festival - after all, festivals are one of the ways for them to get an additional breather. So, either it will be released somewhere inbetween Halloween and Wintersday, or past Wintersday.

    You say this, but they very well could do a low-entry one off Raid for Wintersdays. I could see this happening as a fun / yearly thing that comes and goes to get newer players into raids. It would give them something do enhance festivals with which we've seen they're keen on for Halloween already as well as a chance to bring back some GW1 related content like https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Secret_Lair_of_the_Snowmen

  • @Astralporing.1957 said:
    There's Halloween now. No way they will release a new content during a festival - after all, festivals are one of the ways for them to get an additional breather. So, either it will be released somewhere inbetween Halloween and Wintersday, or past Wintersday.

    HoT wasn't content confirmed.

    I believe with the start of the next LS. Balance changes are more related to the PvP seasons, than new raids. And if we look back to HoT the W1 got published around month after the release of HoT. That's why I don't they will wait for next year with the next wing.

    Eternal Chrono-Tank identifying as a Ele-main.

  • zealex.9410zealex.9410 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @STIHL.2489 said:
    Give them time, it's only been a month.. let the new Expansion at least lose some shine. I would wager you will har word in around 3 months, or right after Wintersday.. or maybe right before, that way all the casuals will farm the holiday event and not fuss about the raid being the only new content during a dry spell.. maybe they learned not to do that from HoT.

    Its actually close to 10 months since the release of wing 4 i thing they had enough time.

  • zealex.9410zealex.9410 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @maddoctor.2738 said:
    You know this new raid requires testing by actual players. Players using the PoF elite specs that are not very well balanced.
    I don't want the new Raid to be balanced around these un-balanced elite specs, I'd rather they fix them first and then release the Raid.
    But I guess fixing the specs would take decades so a compromise is needed

    We all saw ho well balanced was w4 even aftwr almost 2 years of hot.

  • Zenith.7301Zenith.7301 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I think they just have more immediate concerns with the fact Path of Fire is such a barren expansion in terms of content and rewards. The PoF maps are deserted by now outside the few bounty trains, which is just terrible considering the expansion hasn't even been released for more than a month.

    They seem to have real troubles with pumping out content at a decent rate. 3 new fractals in 2 years is terrible compared to FFXIV or WoW who publish 10+ dungeons in a 2 year cycle and 3+ entire raid tiers per expansion cycle.

  • zealex.9410zealex.9410 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Zenith.7301 said:
    I think they just have more immediate concerns with the fact Path of Fire is such a barren expansion in terms of content and rewards. The PoF maps are deserted by now outside the few bounty trains, which is just terrible considering the expansion hasn't even been released for more than a month.

    They seem to have real troubles with pumping out content at a decent rate. 3 new fractals in 2 years is terrible compared to FFXIV or WoW who publish 10+ dungeons in a 2 year cycle and 3+ entire raid tiers per expansion cycle.

    Irrelevant because its different teams. It actually was i believe 3 fractals in 1 year. Is also unfair to compaire a b2p game with subbased ones.

  • Zenith.7301Zenith.7301 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 23, 2017

    @zealex.9410 said:

    @Zenith.7301 said:
    I think they just have more immediate concerns with the fact Path of Fire is such a barren expansion in terms of content and rewards. The PoF maps are deserted by now outside the few bounty trains, which is just terrible considering the expansion hasn't even been released for more than a month.

    They seem to have real troubles with pumping out content at a decent rate. 3 new fractals in 2 years is terrible compared to FFXIV or WoW who publish 10+ dungeons in a 2 year cycle and 3+ entire raid tiers per expansion cycle.

    Irrelevant because its different teams. It actually was i believe 3 fractals in 1 year. Is also unfair to compaire a b2p game with subbased ones.

    Oh, please, B2P and F2P bring even more money than sub games. There's a reason the popular model has moved to F2P. Cash shops and gamble boxes produce far more for the average F2P game than if they tried a sub model. Look at how Overwatch was designed vs. WoW from the same company. Videogame companies understand the appeal of a casino model for game monetization.

    The different teams point is exactly what's the problem with GW2. They have these fragmented teams that each do their own thing, fractals separate from raids for some reason when in other MMO's the battle content designers are one and the same for raids and dungeons.

  • Kheldorn.5123Kheldorn.5123 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @zealex.9410 said:

    @Zenith.7301 said:
    I think they just have more immediate concerns with the fact Path of Fire is such a barren expansion in terms of content and rewards. The PoF maps are deserted by now outside the few bounty trains, which is just terrible considering the expansion hasn't even been released for more than a month.

    They seem to have real troubles with pumping out content at a decent rate. 3 new fractals in 2 years is terrible compared to FFXIV or WoW who publish 10+ dungeons in a 2 year cycle and 3+ entire raid tiers per expansion cycle.

    Irrelevant because its different teams.

    Actually it's not. Because when raid is created, dedicated raid team uses universal resources from whole game - artists, sound designers, model designers, coders etc. It's very possible they have good reasons to push back new raid in the queue. All in all, you are just a minority.

  • Ayakaru.6583Ayakaru.6583 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Maybe because no one said the next raid would be announced within a month

    To defeat the dragons, see the good in them.
    Zhaitan reunites lost ones, primordus creates fertile land, mordremoth spreads the green, and jormag..
    ..jormag? Who's that?

  • Sykper.6583Sykper.6583 Member ✭✭✭

    Calling that it will be during November after Halloween ends.

  • It will be arriving soon™

    Valor Zeal [VZ] - Stormbluff Isle

  • zealex.9410zealex.9410 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Zenith.7301 said:

    @zealex.9410 said:

    @Zenith.7301 said:
    I think they just have more immediate concerns with the fact Path of Fire is such a barren expansion in terms of content and rewards. The PoF maps are deserted by now outside the few bounty trains, which is just terrible considering the expansion hasn't even been released for more than a month.

    They seem to have real troubles with pumping out content at a decent rate. 3 new fractals in 2 years is terrible compared to FFXIV or WoW who publish 10+ dungeons in a 2 year cycle and 3+ entire raid tiers per expansion cycle.

    Irrelevant because its different teams. It actually was i believe 3 fractals in 1 year. Is also unfair to compaire a b2p game with subbased ones.

    Oh, please, B2P and F2P bring even more money than sub games. There's a reason the popular model has moved to F2P. Cash shops and gamble boxes produce far more for the average F2P game than if they tried a sub model. Look at how Overwatch was designed vs. WoW from the same company. Videogame companies understand the appeal of a casino model for game monetization.

    The different teams point is exactly what's the problem with GW2. They have these fragmented teams that each do their own thing, fractals separate from raids for some reason when in other MMO's the battle content designers are one and the same for raids and dungeons.

    Wow and ff14 are able o dish out content so fast that anet could never hope to keep up with them.

  • TexZero.7910TexZero.7910 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @zealex.9410 said:
    Wow and ff14 are able o dish out content so fast that anet could never hope to keep up with them.

    Lul what ?

    FF14 is on the same 3 month release cycle we are. The only difference is the artificial longevity because people have to grind their iLvLs to progress content.

  • Zenith.7301Zenith.7301 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 24, 2017

    @TexZero.7910 said:

    @zealex.9410 said:
    Wow and ff14 are able o dish out content so fast that anet could never hope to keep up with them.

    Lul what ?

    FF14 is on the same 3 month release cycle we are. The only difference is the artificial longevity because people have to grind their iLvLs to progress content.

    That's a load of kitten. ilv is practically gifted to you like candy on FFXIV, and getting geared for savage takes a week at most, or even less if you craft.

    Their 3 month cycle involves 2-3 new dungeons and a LFR along main story and side quest missions on top of raid wing updates.

    We get maybe a new fractal or dungeon if we're lucky every 6 months.

    All the content creation resources practically go toward making open world LS maps.

  • TexZero.7910TexZero.7910 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Zenith.7301 said:

    @TexZero.7910 said:

    @zealex.9410 said:
    Wow and ff14 are able o dish out content so fast that anet could never hope to keep up with them.

    Lul what ?

    FF14 is on the same 3 month release cycle we are. The only difference is the artificial longevity because people have to grind their iLvLs to progress content.

    That's a load of kitten. ilv is practically gifted to you like candy on FFXIV, and getting geared for savage takes a week at most, or even less if you craft.

    Their 3 month cycle involves 2-3 new dungeons and a LFR along main story and side quest missions on top of raid wing updates.

    We get maybe a new fractal or dungeon if we're lucky every 6 months.

    All the content creation resources practically go toward making open world LS maps.

    Yeah Yeah, tell me how that ultimate is going for you.

    What's that...No one's cleared the hardest content in the game ? Must need to pentameld more. FF14 is quite literally outgear the game. Get your iLvL and everything become trivial.

  • @TexZero.7910 said:

    @Zenith.7301 said:

    @TexZero.7910 said:

    @zealex.9410 said:
    Wow and ff14 are able o dish out content so fast that anet could never hope to keep up with them.

    Lul what ?

    FF14 is on the same 3 month release cycle we are. The only difference is the artificial longevity because people have to grind their iLvLs to progress content.

    That's a load of kitten. ilv is practically gifted to you like candy on FFXIV, and getting geared for savage takes a week at most, or even less if you craft.

    Their 3 month cycle involves 2-3 new dungeons and a LFR along main story and side quest missions on top of raid wing updates.

    We get maybe a new fractal or dungeon if we're lucky every 6 months.

    All the content creation resources practically go toward making open world LS maps.

    Yeah Yeah, tell me how that ultimate is going for you.

    What's that...No one's cleared the hardest content in the game ? Must need to pentameld more. FF14 is quite literally outgear the game. Get your iLvL and everything become trivial.

    This is how good reward based games with a fast content release schedule work. It is much more fun to feel rewarded and get better than stagnate and leave when you had enough.

  • zealex.9410zealex.9410 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 4, 2017

    Tbh gear is a strong force to keep you engaged and playing. Something that gw2 doesnt have imo.

  • I wouldn't be surprised if the end of the Halloween festival ushered in some Joko-esque plot that led to the introduction of the new raid.

    Leader of The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
    Played Necromancer since Prophecies Launch
    Streams found at twitch.tv/jaminborn

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.