Does any other old timer GW1 players feels a bit cheated out? — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Living World

Does any other old timer GW1 players feels a bit cheated out?

Hope everyone still remember the Icebrood Saga intro video that was released 1 year 3 months ago

there was this open ice battlefield and a norn style fortress, and the allied forced gathered together ready to defend it against Jormag's icebrood army, which got loads of old timers super excited that we may get to see norn's capital city Gunnar's Hold again

and the upcoming LW is named Truce, that we are going to make peace with Jormag?????
making me feeling a bit cheated out, that we may not be able to see this awesome battle that would take place in the cinematic

[RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]     [TTS] [KA] [SI]     [RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]
Praise the Inevitable Eternal Transcendent King Palawa Ignacious Joko, the Beloved and Feared Undying Eternal Monarch of All !!!
... til Aurene ate him for dessert 😭

Comments

  • Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

    There’s still 3 chapters to go, although to be honest I think the trailer no longer has relevance. My guess is then changed direction shortly after when they decided to make an expac and icebrood saga consequently prob lost a ton of resources working in it.

    I was hoping for a large Shiverpeaks playing area and that looks to have gone

    What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

  • Svennis.3852Svennis.3852 Member ✭✭✭

    I’m sure the pandemic seriously impacted their development process, too.

  • Fueki.4753Fueki.4753 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Seeing all those land spears makes me feel this trailer never had any relevance to begin with.
    Also, Braham holds his mace with his left hand. Not everything in trailers is meant to be ingame, even if there are players who desire it.

  • flog.3485flog.3485 Member ✭✭✭

    What is stopping the game from defending Gunnars’ Hold against minions of Primordius though ?
    I mean, I would say that most of the people watching the trailer assumed that the army of Jormag was going to be the big nemesis that we would be fighting, but nothing in the trailer truly suggests that.

    We could have been baited hard and considering the last time the hero fought a lieutenant of primordius was not too far off from gunnars’ hold and the hall of monument (with dwarves as well), we could be finishing the saga with a new map in two episodes around this area.

  • Tyson.5160Tyson.5160 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Fueki.4753 said:
    Seeing all those land spears makes me feel this trailer never had any relevance to begin with.
    Also, Braham holds his mace with his left hand. Not everything in trailers is meant to be ingame, even if there are players who desire it.

    This could still happen in its own story instance, similar to Fahranur, the first city. I would imagine the devs wouldn’t haven’t to add as much dev time if it wasn’t a full blown map with events etc.

  • Svennis.3852Svennis.3852 Member ✭✭✭

    @Tyson.5160 said:

    @Fueki.4753 said:
    Seeing all those land spears makes me feel this trailer never had any relevance to begin with.
    Also, Braham holds his mace with his left hand. Not everything in trailers is meant to be ingame, even if there are players who desire it.

    This could still happen in its own story instance, similar to Fahranur, the first city. I would imagine the devs wouldn’t haven’t to add as much dev time if it wasn’t a full blown map with events etc.

    Honestly it could be an instance where we come to this “truce.” Maybe it’s more of a conference than a battle, if this scene happens lol.

  • crepuscular.9047crepuscular.9047 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @flog.3485 said:
    We could have been baited hard and considering the last time the hero fought a lieutenant of primordius was not too far off from gunnars’ hold and the hall of monument (with dwarves as well), we could be finishing the saga with a new map in two episodes around this area.

    could be.... so far it seems like the upcoming episode we may not get a new map, but rather revamp of old maps with more timed events.

    I'm totally fine with that, having to constantly pump out new maps is a lot of work for the dev team, but I would like to see the Norns reclaim their old capitol at some point

    [RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]     [TTS] [KA] [SI]     [RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]
    Praise the Inevitable Eternal Transcendent King Palawa Ignacious Joko, the Beloved and Feared Undying Eternal Monarch of All !!!
    ... til Aurene ate him for dessert 😭
  • crepuscular.9047crepuscular.9047 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Svennis.3852 said:
    Maybe it’s more of a conference than a battle, if this scene happens lol.

    that would be a super hard bait 😣😖😠😡🤬

    [RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]     [TTS] [KA] [SI]     [RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]
    Praise the Inevitable Eternal Transcendent King Palawa Ignacious Joko, the Beloved and Feared Undying Eternal Monarch of All !!!
    ... til Aurene ate him for dessert 😭
  • Svennis.3852Svennis.3852 Member ✭✭✭

    @crepuscular.9047 said:

    @Svennis.3852 said:
    Maybe it’s more of a conference than a battle, if this scene happens lol.

    that would be a super hard bait 😣😖😠😡🤬

    Well, I suppose it could still be a battle. It could lead them to say “this is useless, we have a bigger threat to worry about.”

    We’ll have to see on a Tuesday. As far as the world building has established, our characters know we can’t afford to let Jormag OR Primordus die.

  • Cyninja.2954Cyninja.2954 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 12, 2020

    @crepuscular.9047 said:
    and the upcoming LW is named Truce, that we are going to make peace with Jormag?????

    Truce and peace are not the same thing. The definitions are not even remotely close.

    I'm pretty sure if the developers had wanted to suggest we are making peace with Jormag, the wording of the episode would have reflected that. Not to mention the other 3 episodes, for which we already have the titles, suggest that there is some chain of events which will unfold.

  • Svennis.3852Svennis.3852 Member ✭✭✭

    @Cyninja.2954 said:

    @crepuscular.9047 said:
    and the upcoming LW is named Truce, that we are going to make peace with Jormag?????

    Truce and peace are not the same thing. The definitions are not even remotely close.

    I'm pretty sure if the developers had wanted to suggest we are making peace with Jormag, the wording of the episode would have reflected that. Not to mention the other 3 episodes, for which we already have the titles, suggest that there is some chain of events which will unfold.

    Exactly. A truce is an agreement to stop fighting or arguing temporarily. It’s not synonymous with peace or cooperation. It’s a cease-fire.

    How long that truce will stick, who knows? Moreover, we don’t know for sure “truce” even references us vs Jormag. It probably does, but it’s not official yet.

  • Super Hayes.6890Super Hayes.6890 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Fueki.4753 said:
    Seeing all those land spears makes me feel this trailer never had any relevance to begin with.
    Also, Braham holds his mace with his left hand. Not everything in trailers is meant to be ingame, even if there are players who desire it.

    This comment about land spears covers it. Pretty sure one of the core map loading screens has a polearm as well. They aren't worried about thier art and promotional materials matching what's in the game. It has always been this way. I feel for the OP though. I wish all GW1 areas were accessable.

    The next time you get angry at someone try walking a mile in their shoes. After that, who cares! You're a mile away and you have their shoes! -Someone with more awesome quotes than me

  • Astralporing.1957Astralporing.1957 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 17, 2020

    I'd like to point out, that we once had a truce with a certain former enemy we met in S3 that we made to fight with our new common enemies. And we all know how that ended.

    The whole point of a social game is to play with the people you want to play with, not be forced to play with the people you don't.

  • Raknar.4735Raknar.4735 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 17, 2020

    @Astralporing.1957 said:
    I'd like to point out, that we once had a truce with a certain former enemy we met in S3 that we made to fight with our new common enemies. And we all know how that ended.

    Ha! Jormag is actually

    Balthazar. He faked his death with Lyssa's mirror and is disguised as an Elder Dragon.

    You have a heart of gold. Don't let them take it from you.

  • Astralporing.1957Astralporing.1957 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 17, 2020

    @Raknar.4735

    For me, i was always wary of the most suspicious being around. One that hid itself so well noone even stops to think that maybe this being is behind everything.

    Which is, obviously, Glint. I mean, just look at GW1 story to realize that everything that happened happened only because Glint told specifically tailored fragments of prophecy to selected groups of listeners, in order to bring that prophecy into being. And that Glint is behind the whole Aurene storyline. Although some might say, that the real threat is the ancient beings that raised Glint, and earlier were apparently advising the human gods - the Forgotten. Just think about it - the end result of Glint's prophecy was the elimination of the Mursaat, who just happened to be the enemies of the Forgotten.

    (but more seriously - i would actually really liked to have story go in such a direction)

    The whole point of a social game is to play with the people you want to play with, not be forced to play with the people you don't.