World Linking 1/29/2021 — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home WvW

World Linking 1/29/2021

Here are the worlds for EU:

• Abaddon's Mouth (DE), Miller's Sound (DE)
  • Baruch Bay (SP)
  • Desolation (EN), Arborstone (FR)
  • Drakkar Lake (DE), Kodash (DE)
  • Dzagonur (DE), Blacktide (EN)
  • Elona Reach (DE), Fort Ranik (FR)
  • Far Shiverpeaks (EN), Vizunah Square (FR)
  • Gandara (EN)
  • Jade Sea (FR), Augury Rock (FR)
  • Piken Square (EN), Whiteside Ridge (EN)
  • Ring of Fire (EN), Gunnar's Hold (EN)
  • Riverside (DE), Vabbi (EN)
  • Ruins of Surmia (EN), Aurora Glade (EN)
  • Seafarer's Rest (EN)
  • Underworld (EN), Fissure of Woe (EN)

Here are the worlds for NA:

• Anvil Rock, Ehmry Bay
  • Blackgate, Crystal Desert
  • Dragonbrand, Kaineng
  • Eredon Terrace, Darkhaven
  • Ferguson's Crossing, Sorrow's Furnace
  • Fort Aspenwood, Devona's Rest
  • Henge of Denravi, Borlis Pass
  • Jade Quarry, Gate of Madness
  • Maguuma, Northern Shiverpeaks
  • Sanctum of Rall, Tarnished Coast
  • Sea of Sorrows, Yak's Bend
  • Stormbluff Isle, Isle of Janthir

aka cmc
Game Designer on PvP/WvW

Tagged:
<1

Comments

• thank you for making us have 6 of the last 8 months without a link, thanks giving us 2 months to play with friends and then taking it away lovely

• Is it possible at least some variability? Almost the same every next link. Have you completely abandoned WvW?

Still believe to this voice beyond the void

• great)) . many active guild from sfr have a lot of players on link server and pay every 8 weeks for stand together and fight..) now gone even that. Anet rlly love to shoot himself in leg even when its about gems,right?

• Hey I get to team back up with SBI! w00t. I loved those guys.

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

buys Crystal Desert stock

Thank You for the {MEME}

• MikaHR.6741MikaHR.6741 Member ✭✭
    edited January 29, 2021

So, Gandara is being spawn camped on all BLs in prime time. Good job ArenaNet!!!!!!!!!!!

• Sin.4130Sin.4130 Member ✭✭

Barely T4 Gandara (with the link) is unlinked for the third time in a row, kitten?

• ReVanChe.9271ReVanChe.9271 Member
    edited January 29, 2021

Especially for EU Server:
    In my opinion - linking servers that speak manifestly different languages is a disadvantage to both.
    There are misunderstandings and occasional condescending remarks in the chat.
    In other words, opposing linked servers that speak the same language have an advantage,
    because they can communicate in their national language and thus act faster and they will hardly talk at cross purposes.

e.g. english / german :
    ac = arrow cart ≙ pw = Pfeilwagen
    nc = north camp ≙ nl = Nordlager
    garri = Garrison ≙ mf = Mittelfestung (middle keep)
    Short use of a siege weapon to reset the timer = to tick ≙ tab / tabben (derived from tabulator)
    ... and not everyone has a good command of English.

Another disadvantage for all servers is when an ally becomes an opponent and people still have login details to the TS3 server.

• Vegeta.2563Vegeta.2563 Member ✭✭✭

@Strider Pj.2193 said:
    buys Crystal Desert stock

As someone in my guild pointed out.. BG getting high population link instead of medium doesn't matter because people are going to bandwagon over to it anyway. Might as well get more money per transfer :trollface:

• Liston.9708Liston.9708 Member ✭✭✭

Rip ET/DH as ET transfers to CD.

• CrimsonNeonite.1048CrimsonNeonite.1048 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 30, 2021

Surprised Gandara didn't get a link at least, but with the amount of tiers in the EU we have three servers including BB who end up with no link.

So somehow they decided Gandara was active enough with no link, but I would of thought even Piken had enough of T1.

• kamikharzeeh.8016kamikharzeeh.8016 Member ✭✭✭✭

@ReVanChe.9271 said:
    Especially for EU Server:
    In my opinion - linking servers that speak manifestly different languages is a disadvantage to both.
    There are misunderstandings and occasional condescending remarks in the chat.
    In other words, opposing linked servers that speak the same language have an advantage,
    because they can communicate in their national language and thus act faster and they will hardly talk at cross purposes.

e.g. english / german :
    ac = arrow cart ≙ pw = Pfeilwagen
    nc = north camp ≙ nl = Nordlager
    garri = Garrison ≙ mf = Mittelfestung (middle keep)
    Short use of a siege weapon to reset the timer = to tick ≙ tab / tabben (derived from tabulator)
    ... and not everyone has a good command of English.

Another disadvantage for all servers is when an ally becomes an opponent and people still have login details to the TS3 server.

as native austrian, i gotta say that my game is in english and i only communicate in english there. i'd absolutely not want to be linked with a german server either ... the names in german always weird me out a bit, since they're kinda germany-variant german.
    btw we call it actually just "refeshing siege", sometimes it's just plainly forgotten either way. and siege does not win battles, players that know what they do win battles.

also, not everyone uses teamspeak. most here prefer discord, including myself - while i think the server has a teamspeak... but why using that if u can just go discord, way more easy.

but yeah, it is kinda problem. since we have the 2nd time a french link, and french are rather unwilling to even talk english in most cases. we learnt some words and codes yet, but just linking the objectives is more easy. it sucks bc regularly half of the maps does not really respond to stuff people type, and u cannot even know if it maybe just is bc they didn't understand the call/s.

as for voiced leading, it's sorta possible to guess what comms want by just listing to the melody of speech... but not if u have not yet quite some experience on group movement and dodge timings. and you'll still die more often than if you'd understand all calls.

the problem u think language causes is simply the lacking experience of way too many players on many servers. they feel objectives and keeping them is the magnus opum.... and then once a experienced lead is not available, the battles result in big chaos.

but overall, the issue is that people don't organize themselves enough. wvw-guilds need to get more important. that's what Alliances did promise. another relink, again it shows that the link system just slowly poisons the veins of this great and unique format.

• Luthan.5236Luthan.5236 Member ✭✭✭✭

Well ... it could be worse. Imagine a German and French sever linked together ... less likely that one of them speaks the other language. (Cause both are harder to learn then English.)

I'm also German. And I play on an English server. (I prefer the international community.) Have the client set to English as well. Makes it easier to google stuff and to find infos in the wiki cause The English one offers more/faster information.

Some translations really seem weird. I always wondered about "mf". (I noticed they meant the garrison and thought they meant mystic forge cause in the borderlands afaik there is a mystic forge there.) How the hell do you say "Mittelfestung" and not "Garnison" as German word for garrison? Is it really translated like this by ArenaNet or did some people make this just up?

Back then 10-20 years everything was different ha ha. In the latest MMORPGs (back then WoW) even the German people learned the English terms from playing the betas (that were only English). I think nowadays we still have German people that use words like "rez" or "res" (english abbreviation for ressurect) even when using the client in German and using German for most other stuff. Instead of making an own abbreviation for the German terms.

Luckily for waypoints and poi we can link them in chat.

Problem with TeamSpeak and relinking: The server admins should change access data (passwords) regularly. (Like every relink.) Still won't prevent the usual spies with their secondary accounts.

• There are pay to win in games and now pay to understand game chat kitten

• Dave.6819Dave.6819 Member ✭✭✭

@MoonT.6845 said:
    Congratulations ANet, once again you have made WvW pointless for another 2 months. This will be 6 months out of 8 that Gandara has had no link. Seriously considering going to another game after 14 years with this franchise.

Wow you're patient. I gave up on this game since PoF launch or so.

Physical Supremacy: This trait now causes Steal to become Swipe, which reduces the range from 1,200 to 600

So who's the Thief now?
    2019.04.23 -Anet

• Goodbye FA, hello SBI.

• Sfr alone, there are simply no people on the map. Who is this creature who renews WvW ?

• Congratulation Anet... Gandara is dead again. No PPL on the server. In T3... What you mean>? If you doing every 2nd relink this, that will be good for the server? Than Why are you not opening for other ones? Or making less server (merge them if not clear), and lets play them for fun. Not like this. A few of us running around, and every corner a zerg waiting for us...

• I’m currently on FR linked just now with ER, and it’s safe to say the different chats are very quiet. French+German server, I’m an english speaker but not everyone, or very few actually responds to anything in chat.

• subversiontwo.7501subversiontwo.7501 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 31, 2021

@scerevisiae.1972 said:
    I'm pretty sure this is just about maximising server transfer income now.

When was the last substantive improvement to WVW?

September 2014 (debatable if it was a substantive improvement, but the ambition surely was for it to be that and they did deliver, on EotM; considering re-linking was announced as a temporary fix already at inception, I don't count it; Stronghold wasn't in WvW and Warclaw wasn't really for us; the GHA could count as a substantive improvement for WvW but wasn't intended as such, so that is also a grey area but would make the date october 2015 or smth, right?)

When was the last substantive balance patch?

February 2020 (with some people claiming an intended cadence of 4-6 weeks, that would have amounted to 8-10 passes of which we got 3-4 afaik)

• Swagg.9236Swagg.9236 Member ✭✭✭✭

the deddest of games

• Whatever person or system that thought up this ET/DH link is on something for sure. Both servers are dead, but guessing ET must be slightly less dead than DH to be the host. I'm assuming this is an automated gaffe, as DH was a host server and 'very high' and ET was a link to BG so of course would also be 'very high'.

Now ET will transfer to CD and DH will stop playing for 2 months...

• acdspydar.8920acdspydar.8920 Member ✭✭✭

Still think they should unlink all servers and adjust map caps based on the smallest server's population in each matchup lol.

• Did anyone see a big transfer wave yet?

• Bellatrixa.3546Bellatrixa.3546 Member ✭✭
    edited January 31, 2021

@Gotejjeken.1267 said:
    Whatever person or system that thought up this ET/DH link is on something for sure. Both servers are dead, but guessing ET must be slightly less dead than DH to be the host. I'm assuming this is an automated gaffe, as DH was a host server and 'very high' and ET was a link to BG so of course would also be 'very high'.

Now ET will transfer to CD and DH will stop playing for 2 months...

Looking at the figures for population history, it might not be that bad.

I know we've had a couple of guilds join us during that period who will be staying on ET, as well as some of us finally being able to get friends/guildies transferring across again now we're not Full and most people are properly back after Christmas breaks. I agree that the pug bandwagon will move on as it always does and our population will drop some, but I didn't hear of any actual guilds that moved to ET during the BG link just to bandwagon. It was a really ill-thought-out move to make ET a host though, I'll give you that. Hopefully we can make the best of it and use it as a chance to grow as a server.

Fake Elitists Always Run [FEAR]
    'Giving portals to thieves was the "...Worst idea since someone said, ‘Yeah, let’s take this suspiciously large wooden horse into Troy. Statues are all the rage this season. - Blackadder".'

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'm tired of the relinks too, and how people are allowed to transfer to other servers every few weeks. It ruined our server.

• MarkBecks.6453MarkBecks.6453 Member ✭✭✭

Congratulations once again on the mismatch for EU, The same top T1 every week last round, Piken linked with Dzagonur (Ex WSR and BB mostly) gets relinked with, you guessed it WSR which has the highest population of bandwagoners. I have friends on all 3 of those servers, so nothing against the players themselves, but I am sure you are very aware of where those gems come from. (Is this really the system choosing the relinks, just asking). Reality is WvW is becoming emptier and emptier, and 5 to 10 people defending a 50 man blob pip farming PPT mentality people, where no skill required, broken builds, red circles everywhere, impossible to defend, sound like a fun game? Gandara (you really love them) no link again, BB never have had a link, and their population has also fallen. So for me, dailies, 5 to 10 mins, can mixup some pve and wvw, then, byeeeee!

• Voltekka.2375Voltekka.2375 Member ✭✭✭✭

@MoonT.6845 said:
    The majority of Gandara has actually stopped playing this week. If it's no fun ANet nobody will play. Happens to every server you deny a link to. Who wants to play a game where all you are doing is recapping paper towers and getting blobbed all day?

Cam confirm. All day permaoutnumbered. All maps. No comms. Seems like it will be loke this for the next 2 months...

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

@MoonT.6845 said:
    Happens to every server you deny a link to.

Incorrect factually.

Not wanting to play is one thing.

Claiming that it happens to every unlinked server is factually inaccurate.

Thank You for the {MEME}

• @Strider Pj.2193 said:

@MoonT.6845 said:

Incorrect factually.

Looks like SFR is also boycotting just like Gandara. Baruch Bay are just the weirdest server, since they have a disproportionately high night participation and control the game for 8 hours at night when they significantly outnumber everyone and can just easily push whoever is winning into 3rd.

• acdspydar.8920acdspydar.8920 Member ✭✭✭

Everyone wants to be upset about not getting a link, but Baruch over there still without a link lmao

• @Strider Pj.2193 said:

@MoonT.6845 said:

Incorrect factually.

Purely observation, all unlinked servers with the exception of BB ( that have a strange population cap) end up tier 5 or 4 if lucky. Would be interesting to see these statistics that prove my observations are incorrect. Where do I find this factual information?

• CrimsonNeonite.1048CrimsonNeonite.1048 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 4, 2021

@Karagee.6830 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@MoonT.6845 said:

Incorrect factually.

Looks like SFR is also boycotting just like Gandara. Baruch Bay are just the weirdest server, since they have a disproportionately high night participation and control the game for 8 hours at night when they significantly outnumber everyone and can just easily push whoever is winning into 3rd.

This has been one of the most boring post relink matchups, even if it is T1 with one server who doesn't belong here.

Some of their guilds have raided this week at least, so it hasn't been completely dead. All it might do is drop their population to very high though. BB will never go full though and some others like FSP and Dzagonur opened.

On Deso we didn't boycott, because we only have one community guild running closed for two hours and sometimes a few hours open 2-3 times a week.
    At night it is just randoms from both link and host; who ktrains at night, only when there's no resistance.

Links have almost killed the community we once had, especially last year.

• At time of writing this message many servers are open-again.(including the servers my own server Gandara is against this week and servers we will have as opponents next week).But Gandara is locked once again,once again has no link and falsely labelled once again full.Why?(of course I expect no answer from Anet).And no, server is not full at all,at best is medium to high-everyone who play on it knows very well including Anet.The simple fact so many servers are open speak volumes for the sorry state of world versus world thx to systemic lack of something called content.And another why(of course once again with no answer from Anet for so long).Why tier 5 in EU still exist when was removed from NA so long ago?Everyone is fully aware of the fact there are not enough people playing world versus world to justify existence of 5 tiers in EU.

• cobbah.3102cobbah.3102 Member ✭✭✭

Full servers get a link so they can k-train 24/7 lower servers get red bl so they can wither and die ,at least give red bl to top server make them earn thier stuff , and remove trebs from the game ,blob servers will have to come out of smc to take walls instead of treb botters doing thier job.