What's your ideal server pairing for new linking this Friday?

Blodeuyn.2751

@HazyDaisy.4107 said:Tier 1 (that is the top 3) unlinkedTier 2 + 1 Tier 3 server each linkedTier 4 (this is the bottom 3) linked togethervsAll odd guests linkedvsall even guests linked

Not linking T1 needs to apply to the three largest servers. Not the ones IN T1. With one up / one down, it would force a constant shift of who gets a link.

This would mean Dragonbrand or Sea of Sorrows would be bereft of a link. It would just depend on if you say T1 before or after reset.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@HazyDaisy.4107 said:Tier 1 (that is the top 3) unlinkedTier 2 + 1 Tier 3 server each linkedTier 4 (this is the bottom 3) linked togethervsAll odd guests linkedvsall even guests linked

Not linking T1 needs to apply to the three largest servers. Not the ones IN T1. With one up / one down, it would force a constant shift of who gets a link.

This would mean Dragonbrand or Sea of Sorrows would be bereft of a link. It would just depend on if you say T1 before or after reset.

I was going by https://leaderboards.guildwars2.com/en/na/wvw for the purpose of this dream sequence, but since it'll never happen let's just say BG / MAG / JQ are the top 3 I was referring to.

@HazyDaisy.4107 said:

I was going by
for the purpose of this dream sequence, but since it'll never happen let's just say BG / MAG / JQ are the top 3 I was referring to.

That, I could agree with.

@Jeknar.6184 said:

@X T D.6458 said:They just need to keep BG/JQ/MAG unlinked and balance out the rest.

But shouldn't they Balance JQ and Mag to be able to match BG too? No host can compete with BG without a link atm and Arena Net refuse to open other servers to build up population.

Here is the problem with linking, it is a short term boost and it does not last with the top servers. Giving links to top servers backfires in the long run because it actually punishes them for winning. The host becomes dependent on the increased population from the link, which is often bandwagoned. Eventually the link is removed and the host server is unable to stay competitive.

For smaller servers this is less of a problem because they should, hypothetically, always have a link. Therefore they will always have at least some boost in population, and make smaller servers or their links more of a destination for transfers.I have always supported using links primarily to boost the populations of smaller servers where it is needed more.

Population can only go so far in helping a server win a matchup. Population is not the only determining factor, if a server does not play to win they wont win, regardless of how many people they have.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

The two other largest servers without links won't be able to compete against BG, who is still beating servers that have links right now.

Also unlink tier 4, let people who want to play on dead servers with roaming and less blobs can move there. Move most of the links to tier 2 and 3 to try and match servers better with tier 1, since one tier 2 has to bounce up there every week.

@XenesisII.1540 said:

The two other largest servers without links won't be able to compete against BG, who is still beating servers that have links right now.

Also unlink tier 4, let people who want to play on dead servers with roaming and less blobs can move there. Move most of the links to tier 2 and 3 to try and match servers better with tier 1, since one tier 2 has to bounce up there every week.

Not arguing with you on that Xen. He said 'tier 1' which would be a mess if they based it on score rankings. BG doesn't need a link. Not sure MAG nor JQ do either, but likely MAG does. They don't PPT, and I think the only thing that keeps their PPT up is their link partner.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:Not arguing with you on that Xen. He said 'tier 1' which would be a mess if they based it on score rankings. BG doesn't need a link. Not sure MAG nor JQ do either, but likely MAG does. They don't PPT, and I think the only thing that keeps their PPT up is their link partner.

Yeah either way Mag isn't as stacked as people think, but not going to go into too much details about that. They will fight for smc to get fights to come to them, and clean up homebl if they can, BG has made that hard lately as they seem to like upgrading mag hills to t3 all the time.I don't know what's going on with JQ lately, they're not really a ppk server like Mag although their kdr is high this week, did they legit lose wvw guilds or are they tanking for a link, maybe Cloudfly on another break too, who knows but the natives.There still isn't any servers that can compete with BG by themselves at the moment, they ppt hard, they have the coverage to keep stuff, and siege up like YB in the old days. Don't know if opening servers would even help, a ton of guilds/players already left Mag this year, do they really want to come back already? With the prospect of facing BG long term, again? (it's boring).

@Blodeuyn.2751 said:I'm hoping Ehmry Bay (my server) is paired with Tarnished Coast.

I recognize that name. May Ebay and the Toast form together, in order to paint the borderlands a jaunty color using our enemies as dye. Perhaps we can then make a few collages detailing exploits and writing dashing homages to dark deities underneath.Or you know, just hang out and stuff. That would be okay too.

Archived