PoF weapon specialization getting close to 100g per collection

rwolf.9571

So much for these collections being easier than HoT. The named weapons are becoming out of reach quickly as supply dries up. (I'm guessing as peak players for PoF is long and gone now or moved on back to HoT metas)

Weapons are currently +85-95 gold, and to complete all the specializations from "buy now" will take +500gAnd here I thought forging mystic weapons for HoT weapon specialization collections was annoying.

@rwolf.9571 said:So much for these collections being easier than HoT. The named weapons are becoming out of reach quickly as supply dries up. (I'm guessing as peak players for PoF is long and gone now or moved on back to HoT metas)

Weapons are currently +85-95 gold, and to complete all the specializations from "buy now" will take +500gAnd here I thought forging mystic weapons for HoT weapon specialization collections was annoying.

Get on veteran player level.Treasure hunter was originally 2k gold to complete.

This PoF is a laugh.

I mean, I'm all for challenges and time-sinks, but gold grinds aren't fun, not functional time-sinks.Instead of saying "buy the weapon for 80-120g" they could've made a second mini-collection with:

• clear a bounty on the profession
  • kill event boss X
  • complete story on this profession

simple things like that, but proofs of valor, instead of proofs of a fat wallet

@Ayakaru.6583 said:I mean, I'm all for challenges and time-sinks, but gold grinds aren't fun, not functional time-sinks.Instead of saying "buy the weapon for 80-120g" they could've made a second mini-collection with:

• clear a bounty on the profession
  • kill event boss X
  • complete story on this profession

simple things like that, but proofs of valor, instead of proofs of a fat wallet

I do agree if it's something account related, but since you have to do the same world boss 10 times for 10 different achievements, sometimes i do really prefer to buy instead.Also it's not the event itself, but all which is related ( Waiting for the event, hope there's a good team, hope it's not bugged, hope it drop 100% the item, and so on ).

@Omar Aschi Popp.7496 said:

@rwolf.9571 said:So much for these collections being easier than HoT. The named weapons are becoming out of reach quickly as supply dries up. (I'm guessing as peak players for PoF is long and gone now or moved on back to HoT metas)

Get on veteran player level.Treasure hunter was originally 2k gold to complete.

This PoF is a laugh.

After 8 legendaries and 1/2 set legendary armour, This veteran player finds this a hard sell. Unless you are a TP Barron. (I mean common only ap hunters went for Treasure hunter)

We have options on what we set goals on. But I've personally set this on the back burner now. It was stable at 60g for awhile which was not much of a sink. But now it is if the trend is upward.

@Omar Aschi Popp.7496 said:Get on veteran player level.Treasure hunter was originally 2k gold to complete.Gold was also easier to farm than it is nowadays (and there were less sinks), so that's not really comparable.

PvP, dungeons, and fractals in particular practically spat out gold for minimal effort initially, but most of such things have been long since balanced. I used to make around 50g per week from PvP despite not being any good at.

@Omar Aschi Popp.7496 said:

@Zaltys.7649 said:

@Omar Aschi Popp.7496 said:Get on veteran player level.Treasure hunter was originally 2k gold to complete.Gold was also far easier to farm than it is nowadays, so...

Explain

2g for daily. +10g for 40-60 min of daily T4 Fractals (With a good pug). HoT metas, Silverwastes. Molten Boss Fractal farm.

Reminds me back in the day when dungeon runs were a thing.

Wait. The crafted sunspear exotics do not work for the collections? You have to actually get the ludicrously rare exotic drops to complete them?

Just great. Another item for trading post bots to keep the prices artificially high by buying entire stocks and re-selling them back higher because the low drop rate gives them more than enough time to keep them that way.

These extremely rare items that are part of collections need to be changed to be "account bound on trade" so they can only be used or traded, but never bought only to sell them again. This way people with absolutely no ethics whatsoever stop exploiting their low rarity to keep control over the entire stock and leech gold off people with bad luck trying to complete things.

Back in the old days, we used to play MMOs (and even offline single player games) for hundreds and thousands of hours without getting the rare loot we were after (unless you started to fiddle with the savegame in your single player game ... been there, done that ;) ). Not getting a rare drop in 5 weeks? Nobody even expected to get it, and those few that did were super lucky.

Sorry, I just had to get that off my chest ;) .

Collections are a way to make aquisition of rare loot more transparent than the good old "farm this boss until you are out of your mind". That doesn't mean collections are a simple shopping list that you just pick up and do one step after the other. Now with the PoF specialization weapons, the collections include a single item that is rare (not impossible) to aquire as a drop. If you're impatient, you can buy them from the trading post and pay the price. There's bound to be more of those weapons coming into the economy daily, and eventually the price will drop or you'll find them yourself if you wait patiently.

@Rasimir.6239 said:Back in the old days, we used to play MMOs (and even offline single player games) for hundreds and thousands of hours without getting the rare loot we were after (unless you started to fiddle with the savegame in your single player game ... been there, done that ;) ). Not getting a rare drop in 5 weeks? Nobody even expected to get it, and those few that did were super lucky.

Sorry, I just had to get that off my chest ;) .

So true!!! raid after raid after raid, did MY needed item drop?? Nope, ah well, maybe next time. Meanwhile whole team gets geared out and you are still waiting for that 1 or 2 pieces, then a new raid drops and ilevel goes up!!! Ah yea, don't miss it! ;)

@dusanyu.4057 said:they will come back down people did not stop playing HoT so lay off the doom and gloom. if you look Everywere looks '"dead" because Halloween farm

It probably will not come down that much. PoF does not offer rewarding metas like Auric Basin or SW farm. Even after Halloween, more and more players are finishing the Xpac and without a rewarding meta or farm, people will go elsewhere, which means less supply of the named weapons.

@MithranArkanere.8957 said:Wait. The crafted sunspear exotics do not work for the collections? You have to actually get the ludicrously rare exotic drops to complete them?

Just great. Another item for trading post bots to keep the prices artificially high by buying entire stocks and re-selling them back higher because the low drop rate gives them more than enough time to keep them that way.

These extremely rare items that are part of collections need to be changed to be "account bound on trade" so they can only be used or traded, but never bought only to sell them again. This way people with absolutely no ethics whatsoever stop exploiting their low rarity to keep control over the entire stock and leech gold off people with bad luck trying to complete things.

i always wonder how those tp bots manage to convince the player base to stop farming those items.

Archived