What happens to people who bought Warhound thinking it was a mount?

@Elear.8459 said:... so, in GW2, what we have are mounts that have specific abilities, ways they work, and masteries all related to them, and apparently issue here is that people thought that ANet would design entirely new mount with new abilities, ways to interact with world and all that and put it only in gemstore? I'm sorry, but that user captured that perfectly.

@Kalte.1308 said:

What happens to the people who bought this thinking it was a gem-store mount?

You become slightly less stupid. It's a good thing.

I can understand a bit actually.Who would ever think that for a mount skin would be 2000 bloody gems?I mean I knew it was a skin, but I can see someone thinking "No.... there's no way a skin would be that much... those random ones is 400 each... this is just one... it has to be a new mount."

I wasn't confused into thinking they were slipping in a new mount with all its associated mechanics as a gem store item, but 2000 gems is certainly too rich for me. I've bought a few glider skins and expected to buy some mount skins going forward, but only if they are a similar price (circa 500 gems). The random skin option meets my price point, but I'm deterred by the RNG element; I'd like to have more idea what I'm going to get for my hard earned gems (hey the lab didn't clear itself over the last couple of weeks!)

@Hevoskuuri.3891 said:To be fair, it's not difficult to fire up google / patch notes to confirm if a new mount has been added to the game or not.

I hope support will sort it out though.

Its needs to be properly worded in the gemstore lmao and thats no excuse for it

Logged in, read "new mount" and purchased on impulse (like all my gemstore purchases).

2k sounded about right for a totally new mount, I assumed it may combine skills like Raptor and Springer or Raptor and Jackal (two mount ability keys + dodge).Was really disappointing that its just a skin and was falsely advertised. Im glad the tooltip is now updated for other customers but I really want to return it.

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:Anyone who is concerned about this is more than welcome to contact Customer Support.

Thanks. Logged a support ticket. If its possible to guide support to a customer friendly decision it would be appreciated.

I saw someone on that mount (skin) today. It looked bad to me. 2000 gems for a skin blows my mind. Anet have set foot on a bad path IMO, with this outrageous skin price and the gamble skins. I hope they quickly step off it. This is just the sort of path, a path of bad decisions, that should they continue on it, I have left other games for and never looked back.

@Nikal.4921 said:I saw someone on that mount (skin) today. It looked bad to me. 2000 gems for a skin blows my mind. Anet have set foot on a bad path IMO, with this outrageous skin price and the gamble skins. I hope they quickly step off it. This is just the sort of path, a path of bad decisions, that should they continue on it, I have left other games for and never looked back.

They are charging 2000 gems for a skin you don't like; why is that bad for your enjoyment of the game? If other players pay the levy and Anet get more funds to develop the overall game; is that not a good thing for everyone?

@costepj.5120 said:

@Nikal.4921 said:I saw someone on that mount (skin) today. It looked bad to me. 2000 gems for a skin blows my mind. Anet have set foot on a bad path IMO, with this outrageous skin price and the gamble skins. I hope they quickly step off it. This is just the sort of path, a path of bad decisions, that should they continue on it, I have left other games for and never looked back.

They are charging 2000 gems for a skin you don't like; why is that bad for your enjoyment of the game? If other players pay the levy and Anet get more funds to develop the overall game; is that not a good thing for everyone?Not if Anet come away thinking 2000 gems is an acceptable price to charge for a mount skin. If it were the most beautiful skin I'd ever seen in my life, I wouldn't pay that for it. It's outrageous.

I was pretty confused too as I'd said in another post regarding the pricing and rng of the new mount skins. I am relieved to see that I wasn't the only one confused by the lack of the word 'skin' in the title and description of the item and that it wasn't necessarily a case of LTR on my part. Nowhere did I see skin in the description and bought it hoping it was what it sounded like - at 2000 gems I expected it to be a mount and not just a skin. I was even wondering if I had to find mastery points to skill it up. I was pretty disappointed to find that it was only a skin...talk about buyer's remorse. I did submit a ticket earlier today so we'll see what happens.

Archived