i want this mini so bad...... but i have a problem :(

titje.2745

a few minutes someone teleported away and i saw in a split second a awesome racoon mini. i thought nice i want it!!i go to wiki and i see the mini. but i cant get it. i must play gw1 en work on it to get the mini. but i dont like to play old games.can you please add this in store or miniature claim ticket, it would be awesome. there are not much minis in game that i like. i like jack-a-lop and molten firestorm. i have the rabbit and the molten is too expensive. and a new pet is more then welcome. i check daily (when logged in ofc) at claim ticket for nice new pets. i want ghost mini but i think its coming with halloween. and mad kings head also. but when i saw this racoon i want it.

i hope you understand me and you know its an awesome mini and it must be available for everyone :D not just for old players.

ANET has stated that the GW1 HoM rewards will stay as rewards only obtainable in the HoM for playing GW1, as a sort of loyalty reward for players of GW1. If you really want the Racoon, i highly suggest going and playing GW1 to unlock it and the other rewards available there. Itll take you time of course.

• Like 1

@Dante.1763 said:ANET has stated that the GW1 HoM rewards will stay as rewards only obtainable in the HoM for playing GW1, as a sort of loyalty reward for players of GW1. If you really want the Racoon, i highly suggest going and playing GW1 to unlock it and the other rewards available there. Itll take you time of course.

It's totally worth it though, I may be distracted with GW2 and path of fire right now, but i definitely enjoy having dual professions (mesmer/monk for life!) and the storylines are also intriguing.

no jumping though, which is understandably a huge barrier, but i think the gameplay and story make it worthwhile.

i dont like that. i play this game and not gw1. this mini is in gw2 but to obtain it i have to play another game :S its weird. like in wow you get a mount when you complete x games in another game of the bliz....... and how long will it take if i buy gw1? 1 month? and how much hours a day? btw its crazy so much work for a mini. yes i like the mini but..... you understand me

its nice if they bring nice items for everyone. they brought back mini karka and other stuff from ls1 back in game so why not this mini. maybe for 400 gems then i can work in gw2 for the mini. i am happy to see they bring back old items that are very expensive :D so everyone can get it and not a few ppl.

When the players switched from guild wars to guild wars 2 they left everything behind . All their characters, their titles, the collected armors, weapons, minipets. Inventories full of platinum and items. All left behind because ANet decided they wanted to make a new guild wars and the players were willing to trust ANet and go to the new game. As a reward for years of faithful playing in guild wars, of support for the company over all those years and as a consolation prize for leaving their old accounts behind and switching to a new game they gave the vets of guild wars some mini pets, armor & weapon skins and some titles. They also promised at that time that these items would not be made available from guild wars 2. To ask ANet to make any of these items available to non gw1 players is to ask them to break a promise they made.

Be careful what you ask for. ANet might give it to you.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:When the players switched from guild wars to guild wars 2 they left everything behind . All their characters, their titles, the collected armors, weapons, minipets. Inventories full of platinum and items. All left behind because ANet decided they wanted to make a new guild wars and the players were willing to trust ANet and go to the new game. As a reward for years of faithful playing in guild wars, of support for the company over all those years and as a consolation prize for leaving their old accounts behind and switching to a new game they gave the vets of guild wars some mini pets, armor & weapon skins and some titles. They also promised at that time that these items would not be made available from guild wars 2. To ask ANet to make any of these items available to non gw1 players is to ask them to break a promise they made.

yes this is a right answer :D thanks. i understand it now. i hope they comes another mini that is awesome :)the racoon is a funny mini :D maybe because it was funny in the sims :P

I'm a huge GW1 fan and a veteran player of 7+ years. I worked hard and long on my HoM rewards out of love for the first game (which honestly, at it's peak, was a better game mechanics and combat system-wise than GW2) and I don't think those rewards for veteran players should be obtainable any other way because it would cheapen my (and others' ) loyalty to the franchise.

I highly encourage trying GW1 though if you're dedicated to working for the mini. It requires 21 HoM points, which will probably take 6-18 months for you to accrue given the current state of the game.

@lothefallen.7081 said:I'm a huge GW1 fan and a veteran player of 7+ years. I worked hard and long on my HoM rewards out of love for the first game (which honestly, at it's peak, was a better game mechanics and combat system-wise than GW2) and I don't think those rewards for veteran players should be obtainable any other way because it would cheapen my (and others' ) loyalty to the franchise.

I highly encourage trying GW1 though if you're dedicated to working for the mini. It requires 21 HoM points, which will probably take 6-18 months for you to accrue given the current state of the game.

6 - 18 months... "i will not hold on" (used google translate for this) :D i am mainly a first person shooter gamer. but i like to play gw2 when i dont have the mood to play fps.i like gw2 for its nice graphics, i enjoy nice looking and sounding games (yes and rng must be good) and a very nice guild make it even more fun to play this game. i dont know if i keep playing gw2 if i dont have this guild. i dont play old games anymore because we got better graphics. i bought with xmass 2015, 3 assassins creed games. rogue and unity and brotherhood or something, waste of money i only play unity sometimes. but online gaming is too addictive. i have so much games and never touched the story. its bad. i played battlefield bad company 2 story because i had no internet connection. it was an awesome story. but i cant force myself to play storys. and for gw1, its not ugly but it looks old and i cant stay in that game for 6+ months. but this racoon is a very nice reward for veterans :D

now i will just wait for halloween and hope i can buy the ghost mini (for 1 ticket)

and sorry if i talk about other games

@titje.2745 said:

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:When the players switched from guild wars to guild wars 2 they left everything behind . All their characters, their titles, the collected armors, weapons, minipets. Inventories full of platinum and items. All left behind because ANet decided they wanted to make a new guild wars and the players were willing to trust ANet and go to the new game. As a reward for years of faithful playing in guild wars, of support for the company over all those years and as a consolation prize for leaving their old accounts behind and switching to a new game they gave the vets of guild wars some mini pets, armor & weapon skins and some titles. They also promised at that time that these items would not be made available from guild wars 2. To ask ANet to make any of these items available to non gw1 players is to ask them to break a promise they made.

yes this is a right answer :D thanks. i understand it now. i hope they comes another mini that is awesome :)the racoon is a funny mini :D maybe because it was funny in the sims :P

The racoon it's awesome, bit you can get something cool and similar pretty cheap.The red panda mini.

@Jaken.6801 said:

@titje.2745 said:

The racoon it's awesome, bit you can get something cool and similar pretty cheap.The red panda mini.

but its orange :P i will check it when i log in :D i saw it, but thnx you will help me

• 4 years later...

Thanks Anet for adding (Mini Tanuki) to Guild Wars 2!!
Finally!!  After 4,5 years i got a racoon mini 🙂 
I just bought it and i like it very much. 
And yes now that I'm typing this I realize that I could have had that mini a long time ago in all those years (the gw1 version)

Sorry for activating an old topic, but i think it's some what funny because i created the topic loooooooong ago 🙂 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

You may not be able to get the Mini Racoon  without playing GW1. But you can get a Mini Super Racoon next time the Super Trio 2 is available. Then I'm sure if you ask the GW1 players with their mini Racoons, they'll say, "You can run with us." They'll see passion in your eyes.

Edited by Sinmir.6504