Now we have chairs, Whats next? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Now we have chairs, Whats next?

Beds of course!!! Now we can sit with style, now is time for innovations in sleeping technology!!

Comments

• Svarty.8019Svarty.8019 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 28, 2018

I wanted this game to have chairs, it's cool - I loved CoH and this is another tiny step towards the amazing amount of fantastic animated emotes that were in that game, THIRTEEN YEARS ago.

BTW, combat system is in ruins. Elephant, room etc.

Necro. Never knowingly blasting combo fields since 2012.

• I prefer Anet just focus on balancing the classes.

But knowing Anet, they probably just gonna add beddable bed instead.

• Zedek.8932Zedek.8932 Member ✭✭✭

I want to ride a Charr!

Excelsior, my name is Zedexx; Asuran Deadeye and assassin.
    The Hunter / 2x Darksteel Pistols / 2x Whisper's Secret Daggers and my Springer. That's all I need and trust.
    "We [Asura] are the concentrated magnificence!"

• Menadena.7482Menadena.7482 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Kodokuna Akuma.9570 said:
    Beds of course!!! Now we can sit with style, now is time for innovations in sleeping technology!!

You do realize that non-RPers will never want to go to DR again if they make beds, right?

New to the game? Feel free to give a yell if you need PVE help.

• Mea.5491Mea.5491 Member ✭✭✭✭

PLAYER HOUSING, PLEASE!!!

• Djahlat.9610Djahlat.9610 Member ✭✭
    edited March 28, 2018

/sleep works well enough for 90% of the beds in-game so I hardly see the necessity for it

• Ashen.2907Ashen.2907 Member ✭✭✭✭

First chairs, then couches and ottomans!!!

• Ringlin.1863Ringlin.1863 Member ✭✭✭

Bidets.

The 'Squeaky Clean' achievement.

• artemis.6781artemis.6781 Member ✭✭✭

Maybe build templates? Wouldn't that be awesome.

• Vavume.8065Vavume.8065 Member ✭✭✭✭

I was sitting in chairs in WoW over 13 years ago, this just highlights how far behind GW2 actually is, I don't care what they add anymore, this game is just so unoriginal.

• OrbitalButt.5708OrbitalButt.5708 Member ✭✭✭

I want a big bin of trash to sit in because I am a garbage person and I deserve to have my life experiences of rolling in huge heaps of filth and medical waste represented in game

• Oldirtbeard.9834Oldirtbeard.9834 Member ✭✭✭✭

Lap dancing for tips, seems like the natural evolutionary step after WoW's naked Mail Box Dancing Night Elves.

“The only watchmaker is the blind forces of physics.”
    ― Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

• Deimos.4263Deimos.4263 Member ✭✭✭

RNG chair skins? They are mounts after all.

• Malediktus.9250Malediktus.9250 Member ✭✭✭✭

Housing maybe? Or rebuilding the hall of monuments

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 28, 2018

@Menadena.7482 said:

@Kodokuna Akuma.9570 said:

You do realize that non-RPers will never want to go to DR again if they make beds, right?

LOL!! We will have to deactivate emotes. ;) But even as a GW2-non-role-player, I would love to be able to use the beds - for sleeping! Alone! ;) :p

@penelopehannibal.8947 said:

@Vavume.8065 said:
    I was sitting in chairs in WoW over 13 years ago, this just highlights how far behind GW2 actually is, I don't care what they add anymore, this game is just so unoriginal.

I completely agree, sitting in chairs does mean GW2 is so far behind. Same with how Guild Wars 2 uses swords as weapons - JUST LIKE WoW!

How unoriginal indeed!

/s

The snarkasm = pure gold! <3

• Ashen.2907Ashen.2907 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Vavume.8065 said:

I was sitting in chairs more than 40 hears ago. Wow is so unoriginal...and should have to pay me royalties for copying my invention of butt in chair.

• Beds. Or even better toilets.

• Pifil.5193Pifil.5193 Member ✭✭✭✭

@penelopehannibal.8947 said:

@Vavume.8065 said:

I completely agree, sitting in chairs does mean GW2 is so far behind. Same with how Guild Wars 2 uses swords as weapons - JUST LIKE WoW!

How unoriginal indeed!

/s

And GW2 is played on a computer, using a keyboard and mouse! I mean, sheesh, could it possibly be any more unoriginal!?

• Blude.6812Blude.6812 Member ✭✭✭

Hammocks, IHop, Observatorys, --anything but gameplay and fixing things

• FrizzFreston.5290FrizzFreston.5290 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Ringlin.1863 said:
    Bidets.

The 'Squeaky Clean' achievement.

in Lion arch they have outhouses, which let everything float out to sea. Or well, it used to have an accessible sewer system.

• Palador.2170Palador.2170 Member ✭✭✭✭

What's next? Well, I've been wondering that myself. Working on sitting on chairs isn't a very ANet thing to do, really. It's great for RP, but when have they ever done good things for the RP crowd? So, what are they really working on that this is just a side effect of?

• Mounts are non-stationary chairs, apparently, and now they've made it so we can just go up to a chair and sit down.
    • They noted that you can use some animations while sitting, ones that don't really require the use of the lower body.
    • Many attacks don't require animation of the lower body. This is so you can move around while using the skill. This is especially true for most ranged attacks.
    • The current mastery line has us sharing our life force with our mount. We are starting to, in some ways, become one with it.

Conclusion? The current mastery line will eventually allow us to merge fully with the mount, the character disappearing and the mount becoming what we control. A second player will be able to get on and use whatever attacks they can (mostly ranged, I would think), as they ride.

Lip synching is just mime karaoke.

@Ashen.2907 said:
    I was sitting in chairs more than 40 hears ago.

Newb. :)

@Skekzyz.1458 said:
    Still can't use Tab targeting to select the one I want in less than 5 clicks, but I can sit in a chair.
    Still can't see what I'm targeting even if I have the right one targeted, but I can sit in a chair.
    Still can't change what the mouse buttons do in Action Camera, but I can sit in a chair.
    Still can't put a consumable into a slot that is key-bindable, but I can sit in a chair.
    Still can't move important UI elements like skills or target info, but I can sit in a chair.
    Still can't save a build template without third party software, but I can sit in a chair.
    Still can't use incredibly expensive gathering tools on any character, any time I want, have to move them around constantly, but I can sit in a chair.
    Still only have one truly viable option to make sure I'm seeing the location of the one thing I really want to keep track of in a Charlie Foxtrot of visuals on my screen, but I can sit in a chair.

Use the pointer to select somewhere, right click, select 'sit' from the pie menu .... and end up doing a headstand at the other end of the couch. Oh, I was thinking of second life when some new creator forgot to include pose scripts/prims.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.