Now we have chairs, Whats next?

@Vavume.8065 said:I was sitting in chairs in WoW over 13 years ago, this just highlights how far behind GW2 actually is, I don't care what they add anymore, this game is just so unoriginal.

I completely agree, sitting in chairs does mean GW2 is so far behind. Same with how Guild Wars 2 uses swords as weapons - JUST LIKE WoW!

How unoriginal indeed!

/s

@Menadena.7482 said:

@Kodokuna Akuma.9570 said:Beds of course!!! Now we can sit with style, now is time for innovations in sleeping technology!!

You do realize that non-RPers will never want to go to DR again if they make beds, right?

LOL!! We will have to deactivate emotes. ;) But even as a GW2-non-role-player, I would love to be able to use the beds - for sleeping! Alone! ;) :p

@penelopehannibal.8947 said:

@Vavume.8065 said:I was sitting in chairs in WoW over 13 years ago, this just highlights how far behind GW2 actually is, I don't care what they add anymore, this game is just so unoriginal.

I completely agree, sitting in chairs does mean GW2 is so far behind. Same with how Guild Wars 2 uses swords as weapons - JUST LIKE WoW!

How unoriginal indeed!

/s

The snarkasm = pure gold! <3

I was sitting in chairs more than 40 hears ago. Wow is so unoriginal...and should have to pay me royalties for copying my invention of butt in chair.

@penelopehannibal.8947 said:

How unoriginal indeed!

/s

And GW2 is played on a computer, using a keyboard and mouse! I mean, sheesh, could it possibly be any more unoriginal!?

Still can't use Tab targeting to select the one I want in less than 5 clicks, but I can sit in a chair.Still can't see what I'm targeting even if I have the right one targeted, but I can sit in a chair.Still can't change what the mouse buttons do in Action Camera, but I can sit in a chair.Still can't put a consumable into a slot that is key-bindable, but I can sit in a chair.Still can't move important UI elements like skills or target info, but I can sit in a chair.Still can't save a build template without third party software, but I can sit in a chair.Still can't use incredibly expensive gathering tools on any character, any time I want, have to move them around constantly, but I can sit in a chair.Still only have one truly viable option to make sure I'm seeing the location of the one thing I really want to keep track of in a Charlie Foxtrot of visuals on my screen, but I can sit in a chair.

What's next? Well, I've been wondering that myself. Working on sitting on chairs isn't a very ANet thing to do, really. It's great for RP, but when have they ever done good things for the RP crowd? So, what are they really working on that this is just a side effect of?

• Mounts are non-stationary chairs, apparently, and now they've made it so we can just go up to a chair and sit down.
  • They noted that you can use some animations while sitting, ones that don't really require the use of the lower body.
  • Many attacks don't require animation of the lower body. This is so you can move around while using the skill. This is especially true for most ranged attacks.
  • The current mastery line has us sharing our life force with our mount. We are starting to, in some ways, become one with it.

Conclusion? The current mastery line will eventually allow us to merge fully with the mount, the character disappearing and the mount becoming what we control. A second player will be able to get on and use whatever attacks they can (mostly ranged, I would think), as they ride.

Archived