I’ve seen like, maybe, a couple of ranger condi builds in wvw, so I’d like to make a few suggestions to provide this profession working, and competitive, builds outside of power builds.
- Give back throwable traps (as a standard function, not trait related) to this profession. Only this profession. 900 range option.
- Reevaluate the damage and cc on these so they are a lil more impactful.
- Considering the Trapper Expertise Trait has a Boon buff... “Boons and conditions caused by your traps last 60% longer.”, perhaps we could add some Boons to actually buff... Yeah, I know the heal takes advantage of that buff, but there aren’t any other ones.
SAMPLE TRAP IDEAS
NEW ELITE TRAP
- Causes Torment on foes. Gain Might on trigger. OR Daze foes. Refreshes all traps when triggered. OR Causes Blindness on trigger. Gain Fury when triggered. OPTION- Up to 900 range ground target.
DAGGERS STILL REALLY DO NEED LOVE PLEASE?!?!
DRUID STAFF (Druid is really lagging behind overall btw. This entire spec could be so much cooler and fun with some reworks)
- Staff 1- Add 1 burning condition to the 3rd attack tick. The low damage and low healing make adding conditions to this skill ok.
- Staff 2- Add a few burning conditions and increase radius to 300. All effects hit 5 enemies and allies within the radius. The current 130 radius is not enough to support allies so the increased radius would help. This change would also be a useful for helping to contribute to breaking up the tight zergs.
- Staff 3- Add a short duration burning condition trail and burning condition aoe burst around the user at the end of the skill movement.
- Staff 4- Make this a circular patch, like all those other aoe patches, and add bleeding. The current cone design is awful to use in any movement based combat, so the aoe design allows this skill to be useful. This would also make the skill useful for zerg breaking and sieging structures in wvw.
- Staff 5- Make this skill an aoe dome. The current small rectangle design is as useless as vine surge. This change allows us to support better during mass combat situations.
*These changes provide this profession with viable condi build options, and contribute to the much needed build diversity.