Queen bee aura stacking — Guild Wars 2 Forums
New Super Adventure Festival Avatars! In celebration of this year’s Super Adventure Festival, we’ve added a group of new avatars to the bank. Enjoy the new look!

Queen bee aura stacking

Timelord.8190Timelord.8190 Member ✭✭
edited April 16, 2018 in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Funny how Anet removed visual noise with weapon skills, but then added auras. I never had a problem with weapon skill effects. The effects was actually cool looking, and made the game more action-full.

Comments

• joneirikb.7506joneirikb.7506 Member ✭✭✭

I want options to disable everything that is shiny, or set everything to basic skins. I want the PVP/WVW option of setting standard models to everyone in PVE as well. And disable all the weapon glitter effect on everyone, or everyone but myself, or everyone but my party etc.

Seriously, This is starting to remind me of oldschool games before they heard of epilepsy warning and all that.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
    "Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth." - J. Michael Straczynski
    Unless otherwise specified, assume I am too lazy to post and just agree with Illconceived Was Na.9781

• Grogba.6204Grogba.6204 Member ✭✭✭

There is clearly no problem with this. /s

• Ardenwolfe.8590Ardenwolfe.8590 Member ✭✭✭✭

Personally, I want my Mad King fiery book to look the way it does in the preview screen. Why they needed to nerf that is beyond me.

That said . . . someone stacked two Queen Bee auras? That's a lot of money wasted or lost.

Cool looking though.

• lokh.2695lokh.2695 Member ✭✭✭

I think, in the vid the effec is increased because the player is using a spider tonic. I know that toon and when in human form the effects of the aura are a bit more reasonable. With the Queen Bee infusion the noise is much more a problem than the visual clutter.

If you want X, and Y is needed to get get X, you also have to want Y if you really want X. If you don't want Y, you don't want X. It's easy.
    Pro: Build Templates, UW-rework, Swappable Sigils/Infusions on Legendary Weapons
    Contra: ViP-Systems, GemShop flashyness

• Kako.1930Kako.1930 Member ✭✭✭

Is that Nicholas Cage?

Not the bees! xD

Inventor Scatty
    "Trust me, I'm an engineer!"

• Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭

This is obviously not intended, so I hope you made your point as a joke

• Onex.2590Onex.2590 Member
    edited April 17, 2018

Worse yet, that player seems to have nothing better to do than troll that area for hours every day. Half the time when I'm there they are there to annoy people with the glare and buzzing. I shouldn't have to mute all sounds simply to not be driven mad because I want to use the area I paid real world money to access. Spam is a bad thing and this really amounts to little more than visual and auditory spam. Please give us an option to mute and hide these sorts of intentionally irritating displays.

• Ubi.4136Ubi.4136 Member ✭✭✭

The video perfectly illustrates why we need a "standard model" option for open world. Siezures are a real thing, and people like to troll...incessantly.
    Not to mention the performance improvements that could be had if I could turn off everyone else's light show.

Carnished Toast (Yum)
    Lost in the Maguuma (TC)

• Talindra.4958Talindra.4958 Member ✭✭✭✭

Erhmm... I need one of that... If u hv a spare one and not sure what to do with it... you can send it to me tyvm 🤝🤝🌈🌈🎉🎉🎮🎮

Death is Energy [DIE] in EU
    Envoy's Herald, VitV, DD, SS, The Eternal, LNHB, Champion Magus, Champion Phantom, Wondrous Achiever etc.

• Just a flesh wound.3589Just a flesh wound.3589 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 17, 2018

@lokh.2695 said:
    I think, in the vid the effect is increased because the player is using a spider tonic. I know that toon and when in human form the effects of the aura are a bit more reasonable. With the Queen Bee infusion the noise is much more a problem than the visual clutter.

I have a Queen Bee and checked. The effects from using a spider tonic greatly increases the size of the bees, though not the numbers. Other tonics, the bees are either the same size or smaller than when used on a char.

Nerfing the spider tonic to match other topics would make a difference, although it would also remove the amusement value of being in a plastic spider form and holding a gigantic weapon/birthday blaster at the same time.

Be careful what you ask for.
    ANet might give it to you.

• Fremtid.3528Fremtid.3528 Member ✭✭

The guy in the video in chat clearly says its from 8 infusions. Man 8 of any infusions is that annoying. Have you ever seen anyone with more than 4 or 5 (I forgot) ghostly infusions? It's a freaking eyesore. Add to that the character in the video was larger from the tonic. Which that embiggening tonic would do just as well. Imagine 8 bee infusions on a norn, with an embiggening tonic. I mean people are gonna be as ridiculous with their money as they want to be the only saving grace is these bee infusions are several thousands of gold each so there's not more people who can do it. But yelling halp! police! is bad for the game, i think.

• Tenrai Senshi.2017Tenrai Senshi.2017 Member ✭✭✭

I'll be honest, I have no idea why anyone would want to use the Queen Bee infusion on their characters. The constant buzzing noise on its own would be enough to drive me insane. I've seen players stack this and other auras all on top of each other, to the point where they end up looking like a walking new years fireworks show, but I can't help but scratch my head and wonder why they do it.

I wouldn't be able to enjoy playing a game with all that visual and audio noise. It would become too bothersome and distracting. It would obstruct both your view and the ambient sounds of the world. Maybe some people think it looks cool and they want to show off and make other players think they're wealthy or something, but to me, when you just stack a ton of particle effects on top of each other, it doesn't look classy, epic or amazing, it looks messy, ugly and very unappealing.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.