Heterochromia

I thought about that, and I feel like that kind of physical particularity that is supposed to be super rare would probably be extremly popular if it was available and because of that I think most characters would have heterochromatic eyes. I'm not sure I like the idea of having half of the players or more with heterochromatic eyes.So maybe it should be possible only if it's really hard to have access to this option ?

@Ojyh.9842 said:So maybe it should be possible only if it's really hard to have access to this option ?

For the low low price of $150, you too can have heterochromia. Or, you can pay $5 to get a random eye colour to use in one eye.

Sorry, but if things like mount skins can't even be earned in-game, you won't get a 'hard' way to get it. Just pay lots of money.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:Making the eyes two different colors with the colors freely choosable might take too much reworking of basic character creation. However it should be easy enough to have a face mask that’s invisible except for where it covers the eyes (and that part look like eyes) and be dyeable there.

Yep ! And if this item is really hard to get and forces the player to actually play content instead of just using the gemstore, I think it would be great.

So...to make a proposal based on the feedback and possible consensus. When you have unlocked full legendary gear (6 armor pieces, two weapons, one back item and 2 trinkets) you can get a regular make over kit that gives the option to put different colors for each eye. I think this would make it very rare and keep it rare, while also giving the incentive to get it.

@mercury ranique.2170 said:So...to make a proposal based on the feedback and possible consensus. When you have unlocked full legendary gear (6 armor pieces, two weapons, one back item and 2 trinkets) you can get a regular make over kit that gives the option to put different colors for each eye. I think this would make it very rare and keep it rare, while also giving the incentive to get it.

That sounds stupidly hard and inaccessible to 99% of players all for a single eye colour change. Most players don't have the time for that even if they wanted to. Plus, it'll just make it even easier for elitists to cause problems. What, you don't have two different coloured eyes? Kicked from the raid. No casuals allowed.

I don't like the idea of making it hard to get, Some of us have full time jobs and almost no time to grind on this game yet we want cool stuff for our chars too.

For example I don't have the legendary armor I want so much, I don't have HOPE and I would do ANYTHING to get it in my stock for my engineer. But no complaints cuz I know they should be rare to get even though I have no time to work on it I wouldn't even bother.But no I would love to get 2 eye colors and not to grind my ass off for it on my free time that I barley have.

Last thing we need is more snowflakes roaming around...

@InvaGir.9158 said:I don't like the idea of making it hard to get, Some of us have full time jobs and almost no time to grind on this game yet we want cool stuff for our chars too.

For example I don't have the legendary armor I want so much, I don't have HOPE and I would do ANYTHING to get it in my stock for my engineer. But no complaints cuz I know they should be rare to get even though I have no time to work on it I wouldn't even bother.But no I would love to get 2 eye colors and not to grind my kitten off for it on my free time that I barley have.

And welcome to Guild Wars 2! It's all about the grind nowadays.

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:For those who want to see some of the comments in the other threads, here's a partial list

While a very important issue, that's something completely different from what the thread is about. This is about having different iris color for each eye, nothing about how we percieve colors.

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:While a very important issue, that's something completely different from what the thread is about. This is about having different iris color for each eye, nothing about how we percieve colors.

Oops, you're correct. Serves me right for not paying more attention. I'll remove my post and save it for when it's relevant.

I don't think it is a good idea to make these cosmetic things that hard to get. IMO, like with most cosmetics, people will abuse this at first, then abandon it. And if they don't... GW2 will simply become famous for its heterochromatic fanboys. So what. Shrug.

While I don't have any particular interest in it, I support anything that adds more variety to the game.

Because there is no gear treadmill in this game cosmetic rewards were supposed to be the long term goals in GW2. By easily giving everything to everyone and putting a lot of stuff in the gemstore A.net kind of failed at that. It also explains why some people feel that the game is not rewarding and is more about grinding to get the things they want with gold instead of accomplishing somethings specific that offers specific rewards.

Anyway, I think Mercury ranique is going a little too far. Obviously getting heterochromia should be easier than getting full legendary gear ! Maybe something like getting all the achievements of a season would be enough.The only problem I have with heterochromia beeing a skin, is that you can't use any head armor skin AND have heterochromatic eyes at the same time.

@InvaGir.9158 said:I don't like the idea of making it hard to get, Some of us have full time jobs and almost no time to grind on this game yet we want cool stuff for our chars too.

For example I don't have the legendary armor I want so much, I don't have HOPE and I would do ANYTHING to get it in my stock for my engineer. But no complaints cuz I know they should be rare to get even though I have no time to work on it I wouldn't even bother.But no I would love to get 2 eye colors and not to grind my kitten off for it on my free time that I barley have.

If you work a lot you can just use your credit card to make it happen without much additional effort

@Malediktus.9250 said:

If you work a lot you can just use your credit card to make it happen without much additional effort

I don't see why it require effort its not even a cosmetic item. Its a cosmetic feature and should stay that way.Either way if this to be added to the game I would gladly spend my money to get it:)

I like the idea, but I fear full-custom heterochromia might be a bit too much for the code, considering how difficult it was to implement originally.Specific, preset dichromatic pairings as "colors" should make it much simpler. ANet could make them unique to the Makeover Kit if they're worried about "realism". (HA!)

@Endless Soul.5178 said:I never considered this, but now that it's been brought up, that would be a neat feature to have.Then I can have my characters doing things.Under the moonlight.The serious moonlight.

You could...Put on your red shoes and dance the blues.

Archived