How comes that the battle-system feels worse and worse?

Dayra.7405

WvW definitely was best when it was released nearly 6 years ago.How does it come that battle-system in WvW is worse after every expansion and balance patch, whereas it feels better in PvE?It only feels like now, argh I want to leave, the faster the better.

Is it that the synergies are totally out of control, a 800 damage auto-attack skill, now does 15k when optimized? https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/41030/longbow-aa-hack-or-legit#latestIs it that speed increased so much that a 60 ping combined with 50 years old reflexes degrade you to an immobile piece of dead meat?Is it that you collect condies and cc much faster than you can clean them?

All this together? Something else?

Is it just me or do other see it similar?

@Blocki.4931 said:Why should you not be allowed to deal burst damage? High risk high reward is a thing

The problem is when the damage is so high the only risk is an enemy hitting you first, because anyone who hits firsts always wins.

Power creep has sped up the pace of combat way too much.

Combat in the style of Cartman's Roshambo is only fun for those exploiting its flaws.

Its power creep plain and simple. The crit system remake, trait system remake, skill modifiers on elites (and their traits) and the new gear with sigils/runes has all resulted in massive damage - or super bunkers. Its all been taken to extremes. There is a reason why sPvP have had to strip out so many things and basicly dumb it down to fixed classes with limited builds.

And no, not even deleting the mesmer is going to fix it. Just saying it in advance.

It's definitely a lot of power creep. They rolled too many traits into one so many builds have a lot more to them by default now.

But also things like spellbreaker and scourge at a conceptual level change the game. The first time I saw spellbreakers and scourges in action I knew the game was going to completely change.

The problem is maybe also the overlapping DPS/AoE circles. As a melee (I played as Spellbreaker), you survive for like 1-2 seconds within a blob of enemies. While you can use defensive utilities/traits that lets you survive for long enough, you can't stay there for a short wile and do damage. It's simply impossible. The fact that you actually get instantly downed/stomped sucks. I don't know how or if it is different in other games. But it isn't fun at all.

@ProtoGunner.4953 said:The problem is maybe also the overlapping DPS/AoE circles. As a melee (I played as Spellbreaker), you survive for like 1-2 seconds within a blob of enemies. While you can use defensive utilities/traits that lets you survive for long enough, you can't stay there for a short wile and do damage. It's simply impossible. The fact that you actually get instantly downed/stomped sucks. I don't know how or if it is different in other games. But it isn't fun at all.

That is a player tactics issue as much as it is a game design issue imo.

@MithranArkanere.8957 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:Why should you not be allowed to deal burst damage? High risk high reward is a thing

The problem is when the damage is so high the only risk is an enemy hitting you first, because anyone who hits firsts always wins.

Combat in the style of Cartman's Roshambo is only fun for those exploiting its flaws.

for case quoted by OP - projectile reflect would suffice

@MithranArkanere.8957 said:

Easy access to damage makes the game scrub friendly, players dont need to be that good to do damage effenciently...

By defenition, easy high access to damage ouput + gimmicks gameplay is the oposite path design from a skilled gameplay, since those elements are there to easy the game for not so good players, it is a push button and then feel the high number reward placebo effect.

Because a company with unbalanced department integration/communication and a low priority for competitive balance because of it's populations low contribution to the coffers can't balance it. It's a train that's run away from them and they have no system or desire to slow it down.

you are not alone there a dozens of threads with complaints about the bad balancing and powercreepthe combat is just too fast and if you dont have good reflexes no lag/good ping you stand no chance because its over before you even realisze what is happening

WvW was best a few years ago before the first condi meta. Look at the old youtube videos of that time. What fun we had.

Conditions was viable but not enough to melt a zerg. Full zergs headbutted each other, guardians took point and eles dropped water. If you were an ele, you had to call water, period. Now, all this fun tactics has gone to shit. Just because some devs were out of ideas.

Yeah I still play, but not like before.

Archived