Can we make Reaper broken next patch?

TheDevice.2751

I mean they haven't really gotten their time in the spotlight really? (apparently, they were broken after release which I must have missed but will take everyone else's word for it.)

I'm being 100% genuine. I don't think there is any chance of balance in this game. I'm pretty much agreeing with what everyone else has said about this game as far as that.

So, instead of asking for balance in other classes (will never happen), can you guys just make Reaper SB-level broken next patch. Something similar. Or even more so. I'd like to just experience it and not have to try so hard for wins and gold.

Thanks! ^_^

Power Reaper really isn't in that bad of a spot right now. The biggest thing holding it back from being top tier is mostly because Scourge is heavily run and hard counters Power Reaper. Like if there were less scourges and Reapers had a way to consistently disengage from fights gone poorly they would be an incredibly dominant spec. As of right now they're solidly B tier.

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:The days of Merc amulet signet necros which chill ticking for 642 damage.Never again

Given that Signets of Suffering no longer grants boon corrupt, deathly chill no longer affects chill, and merc amulet no longer exists, I'd say that the likelihood of merc signet chillomancers ever returning is 0%.

@Crinn.7864 said:

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:The days of Merc amulet signet necros which chill ticking for 642 damage.Never again

Given that Signets of Suffering no longer grants boon corrupt, deathly chill no longer affects chill, and merc amulet no longer exists, I'd say that the likelihood of merc signet chillomancers ever returning is 0%.

It was hypothetical.

They did okay, I don’t want anything to be broken... The problem is compared to a lot of the more tricky classes, the counter play is so much more obvious and every build has an easier time implementing it... Not to mention it’s super easy to focus, and people will focus it anyways worried you may be a scourge.

Like anything if you want it to be broken it needs to be able to consistently sit on point 2-3v1 and can safely keep healing to full. (Plz don’t do this...)

@mortrialus.3062 said:Power Reaper really isn't in that bad of a spot right now. The biggest thing holding it back from being top tier is mostly because Scourge is heavily run and hard counters Power Reaper. Like if there were less scourges and Reapers had a way to consistently disengage from fights gone poorly they would be an incredibly dominant spec. As of right now they're solidly B tier.

Power reapers are easily picked out and killed especially at the beginning of matches when they have no life force.

@brannigan.9831 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:Power Reaper really isn't in that bad of a spot right now. The biggest thing holding it back from being top tier is mostly because Scourge is heavily run and hard counters Power Reaper. Like if there were less scourges and Reapers had a way to consistently disengage from fights gone poorly they would be an incredibly dominant spec. As of right now they're solidly B tier.

Power reapers are easily picked out and killed especially at the beginning of matches when they have no life force.

That's true of every flavor of necromancer that has ever existed in the game.

@TheDevice.2751 said:I mean they haven't really gotten their time in the spotlight really?

I'm being 100% genuine. I don't think there is any chance of balance in this game. I'm pretty much agreeing with what everyone else has said about this game as far as that.

So, instead of asking for balance in other classes (will never happen), can you guys just make Reaper SB-level broken next patch. Something similar. Or even more so. I'd like to just experience it and not have to try so hard for wins and gold.

Thanks! ^_^

Not quite true that... Reaper had it's moment in the spotlight somewhere around Season 3-5... Not sure which, been a while...I remember soloing 3-4 guys with relative ease, using Greatsword+sc/f Condi Reaper with Deathly Chill trait (plus some of the other cool synergies it has with traits). But then the trait was nerfed, and so were a lot of Reaper's Interactions, including the Shroud being weaker now, which was the main point of using Reaper, priming enemies with chill from GS, then just wailing on them with Reaper Shroud, while tanking their damage through Life Force Generation and taking advantage of when Infusing Terror pulsed stability, instead of just giving a couple stacks.Back then, Reaper was almost true to its design, it was an immobile but unmovable force of nature, now it's a bit of a joke, because Necro can't be strong, it disrupts the balance of the universe, the only classes allowed to be broken are Mesmers, Eles and Warriors.

@"Griever.8150" said:Reaper is probably one of the more balanced build right now, excels at some situation but has clear weaknesses. Its the "can virtually do everything" builds that need to be brought down to its level, not the other way around.

Wait. Other classes were designed with a clear defined weakness?

@ReaverKane.7598 said:

@TheDevice.2751 said:I mean they haven't really gotten their time in the spotlight really?

Thanks! ^_^

Not quite true that... Reaper had it's moment in the spotlight somewhere around Season 3-5... Not sure which, been a while...

Condi Reaper was both a solo-queue and tourney monster between the Q1 2016 patch (that's the patch that added boon corrupt to all necro weapons) and the Q2 2016 patch (that's the patch that removed chill damage, nerfed Infusing Terror, and heavily nerfed all of reaper's chill durations)

@Rym.1469 said:Reaper has been broken for months after HoT.

Never wish any class to be broken.

Oh fair enough. I wasn't actually playing when they were broken at that point. So I'll take everyone else's word for it.

No. The worst thing you can do on here is asking for balance. That's just asking for disappointment. I'd rather play a broken class and make easy money.

Power Reaper has never been overpowered.

Condi Reaper was not broken but a bit too strong in PvP due to the old Chill -> DOT mechanic and an easy 100% Chill and Weakness uptime, if not cleansed frequently. Ironically this had the biggest impact on Power Reaper players, because of the Chills their F1 got huge cooldowns (=death sentence) and at the same time their damage was crippled via Might -> Weakness conversion. So while Condi Reaper was too strong, Power Reaper was even too weak. It was worse than today in the Scourge Meta for Power Reapers.

Mercenary Amulet was broken. Several specs were overpowered when using it. Mercenary Mace Berserker destroyed everything in 1v1. Mercenary Condi Reaper was the best team fighter in the game. Damage, CC, sustain - all in one package.

Archived