Still no mesmer balance?

DaVid Darksoul.4985

Mesmer has been ridiculously strong since launch. There was a short span of time that the Mesmer wasn't king of the small scale hill 4ish years ago but that was about it. Mesmer variants have often been the single most dominant roamers multiple times throughout WvW history. At one point, even thieves stopped running because Mesmer was just as fast, far more of a bunker and the blow up was insane even by todays standards.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Straegen.2938 said:At one point, even thieves stopped running because Mesmer was just as fast, far more of a bunker and the blow up was insane even by todays standards.

At what point was that? Just wondering. I have bad memory.

I think it was sometime after that one patch where they nerfed thief mobility by disabling the 15 skills they have that allow them to disengage from mesmers...or something.

@Straegen.2938 said:Mesmer has been ridiculously strong since launch. There was a short span of time that the Mesmer wasn't king of the small scale hill 4ish years ago but that was about it. Mesmer variants have often been the single most dominant roamers multiple times throughout WvW history. At one point, even thieves stopped running because Mesmer was just as fast, far more of a bunker and the blow up was insane even by todays standards.

I think the bigger news here is this poster seems to have come through some kind of dimensional portal.

@Scar.1793 said:

@Scar.1793 said:The problem with this class is that it has everything. Both in pve and pvp.Hell not even one elite spec sucks and both are top tier.

Meanwhile other classes get a nice middle finger

Could be interpreted as, 'Other classes need to be buffed or balanced better so Mesmer shouldn't be at all.'

Been years and still waiting :p

Still doesn't justify your premise.

Reason why mesmer is so strong is because its core class is up to date.Ranger, rev, engineer, necro, even guard are still lacking behind.Thief, warrior, ele and mesmer are somewhat contemporary in regards of traits and mechanics although the former three still could use some updates.

So ; first time i really play Pvp. First season . first 10 matches - > instant gold 2.

50% of enemy attack my clones , while i stand next to them.30% of enemys attack the air after i bombed 20 stacks confusion on them.20% of enemys know how to play the game.

Most ppl just faceroll the keyboards. They have no single idea what happens on the battlefield. Reaction time etc is very low. They don't even know how to play the Gamemode. Those are the people who complain about any class. You will probably see posts about guards doin too much burn , thiefs for posion, necro on torment, ele and holo doin too much direct dmg ...whatever.

Try dodge, cleanse, disengage , +1 .....

Aww, the woes of people who think small scale PvP in MMORPGs should (or can) be balanced. Always cute.

Honest advise though: Play a MOBA for your team-vs-team PvP. Worlds better experience, it helps a lot if the game is built for that kind of PvP, not in spite of it.

@EpicTurtle.8571 said:

@Scar.1793 said:The problem with this class is that it has everything. Both in pve and pvp.Hell not even one elite spec sucks and both are top tier.

Could be interpreted as, 'Other classes need to be buffed or balanced better so Mesmer shouldn't be at all.'

Your opinion. Sorry mine hurts your feelings.

@FaboBabo.3581 said:So ; first time i really play Pvp. First season . first 10 matches - > instant gold 2.

50% of enemy attack my clones , while i stand next to them.30% of enemys attack the air after i bombed 20 stacks confusion on them.20% of enemys know how to play the game.

Most ppl just faceroll the keyboards. They have no single idea what happens on the battlefield. Reaction time etc is very low. They don't even know how to play the Gamemode. Those are the people who complain about any class. You will probably see posts about guards doin too much burn , thiefs for posion, necro on torment, ele and holo doin too much direct dmg ...whatever.

Okay what happens if the class has no proper escape tools or cleanse ? Mesmer can chase you easily and reapply the conditions.

Putting the blame on people being bad is a classic.

@Scar.1793 said:

Your opinion. Sorry mine hurts your feelings.

No, your opinion is emotionally based and literally has no actual justification. Mesmer is well balanced, which for some classes which are not appears as unfair, realistically it's unfair that they are poorly balanced, not that Mesmer is well balanced.

@Scar.1793 said:

@FaboBabo.3581 said:So ; first time i really play Pvp. First season . first 10 matches - > instant gold 2.

Okay what happens if the class has no proper escape tools or cleanse ? Mesmer can chase you easily and reapply the conditions.

Putting the blame on people being bad is a classic.Putting the blame one class for the shortcomings of other classes is also a classic...

I wouldnt mind better condi cleanses across the board - we've complained about that for years. We've gotten some boosts there but not even at the hight of the condi meta was it enough. Nor would I mind other classes getting better mobility skills - we've already seen the portal added to scourge, holo with their 2s cd leap , etc. They could do more. Buffing this create more active combat, which is a good thing.

@Scar.1793 said:

Curiosity.What class has no access to escape or cleanses

@Scar.1793 said:

All classes have either or, if not both. Here is the thing though, if your class does not have good aoe and cleanse capacity, why are you engaging Mesmer solo to being with?!

@Solori.6025 said:

Curiosity.What class has no access to escape or cleanses

Seriously just try the classes in the mists and you’ll know.

@otto.5684 said:

All classes have either or, if not both. Here is the thing though, if your class does not have good aoe and cleanse capacity, why are you engaging Mesmer solo to being with?!

Ok so if I see a mesmer and I’m on my own I will alt-f4 or leave the wvw map. Sounds like one hell of a way to play.

Almost forgot this topic was in the mesmer subforum, but got quickly the reminder with these replies lol. It’s not the mesmer yup, the recent nerfs were undeserved for sure. Look at the polls guys, mesmer is far beyond others and you are getting carried by your class not your own abilities or awareness.

Archived