Patch Notes - 30k DPS Power Reaper incoming

KrHome.1920

• Strength of Undeath: The damage increase from this trait has been increased from 5% to 10%.
  • Death Perception: The critical hit chance increase of this trait has been reduced from 50% to 33% while in a shroud. This trait now additionally grants up to 300 ferocity at level 80.
  • Reaper's Onslaught: This trait now grants quickness while in Reaper's Shroud instead of the previous 15% increased attack speed.

Holy shit. ^^

edit: Did a test. Quickness is even pulsing. This means you can leave shroud and do a quickness gravedigger. Just wow!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Sephylon.4938 said:Should make sr reapers even more of a threat solo roaming in wvw. If they can break into the 30k mark in pve now I'd be very happy, least till the 50% hp mark ?. Gravedigger spam for life I guess. Can't wait to get home and tryShroud should do a lot more damage than Grave Digger now.

Soul Spiral: 90k - sick!

I did a quick test. Could pull of 31k with all buffs in berserk gear, but I am far away from a perfect rotation as I am a PvP player. On realistic buffs maybe it's still not enough.. maybe somewhat around 29k.

28k dps (roughly)spite 122, soul reaping 122, reaper 233"old rotation" (GS - axe/wh)

26.5kdps (group "dps" with vampiric presence not included)spite 122, blood magic 131, reaper 233"old rotation"

realistic raid buffs, ascended gear, missing power infusions and missing 20 power and 10 ferocity due to food. and ingame dps meter, the one showing in the chat.

i did not try to change rotations much yet. only done a couple of tries with shroud 4+3xAA below 50%golem hp .... with +-5% differences.

big "idk" for now.

@"Aetatis.5418" said:28k dpsspite 122, soul reaping 122, reaper 233"old rotation" (GS - axe/wh)

26.5kdps (group "dps" with vampiric presence not included)spite 122, blood magic 131, reaper 233"old rotation"

realistic raid buffs, missing power infusions and missing 20 power and 10 ferocity due to food.i did not try to change rotations much yet. only done a couple of tries with shroud 4+3xAA below 50%golem hp .... with +-5% differences.

big "idk" for now.

RS5 might be worth using after 50% now too

@Warscythes.9307 said:

@"Aetatis.5418" said:28k dpsspite 122, soul reaping 122, reaper 233"old rotation" (GS - axe/wh)

realistic raid buffs, missing power infusions and missing 20 power and 10 ferocity due to food.i did not try to change rotations much yet. only done a couple of tries with shroud 4+3xAA below 50%golem hp .... with +-5% differences.

big "idk" for now.

RS5 might be worth using after 50% now too

does average 3k more per hit than gravedigger below 25% . same casttime than GD. but its not a dps "loss" anymore.using shroud below 50% doesnt "add" much dps - if at all.but i am somewhat very uncreative when it comes to new rotations. so maybe there is someone out there with a big boom bundle of creativity, finding a new 30k+ dps rotation.

@KrHome.1920 said:

@Sephylon.4938 said:Should make sr reapers even more of a threat solo roaming in wvw. If they can break into the 30k mark in pve now I'd be very happy, least till the 50% hp mark ?. Gravedigger spam for life I guess. Can't wait to get home and tryShroud should do a lot more damage than Grave Digger now.

Soul Spiral: 90k - sick!

I did a quick test. Could pull of 31k with all buffs in berserk gear, but I am far away from a perfect rotation as I am a PvP player. On realistic buffs maybe it's still not enough.. maybe somewhat around 29k.

Well I was at 27k with we. But I'm injured and not comfortable sitting in a chair at my pc. So...

But the buffs still aren't enough. Even if it's 30k its barely the same like a bloodmagic reaper.BM might not reach the same DPS solo, but it gives 2-3k DPS boost for a group with a little bit more utility.And I never saw soul spiral hitting 90k, Most was somewhere like 67k

The damage buffs are great, but people doing tests that don't understand how to do the Conditions and debuffs on golem with the self buffs need to stop. You will always get over inflated numbers. There's a warning for this in the Training Area.

The average was around 28k DPS before for Power Reaper. The Soul Reaping buffs will make it mandatory for Power Reaper. Gear setup will change a bit for sure. Will have to drop some Berserker gear for another stat like Valkyrie.

I'd estimated being around 31k-32k DPS after the changes. This would sound great for Power Reaper, but will cripple it in another way. You lose Vampric Presence. This was mediocre group support and DPS, but it was at least something to offer. Having highish DPS when not offering much for the group will keep Power Reaper in a crippled spot. The main thing will be burst. If Power Reaper comes out being an amazing burst DPS for Fractals, and multi phase fights, then it will have several uses.

Time to just wait for benchmarks.

@Kam.4092 said:The damage buffs are great, but people doing tests that don't understand how to do the Conditions and debuffs on golem with the self buffs need to stop. You will always get over inflated numbers. There's a warning for this in the Training Area.

The average was around 28k DPS before for Power Reaper. The Soul Reaping buffs will make it mandatory for Power Reaper. Gear setup will change a bit for sure. Will have to drop some Berserker gear for another stat like Valkyrie.

I'd estimated being around 33k DPS after the changes. This would sound great for Power Reaper, but will cripple it in another way. You lose Vampric Presence. This was mediocre group support and DPS, but it was at least something to offer. Having highish DPS when not offering much for the group will keep Power Reaper in a crippled spot. The main thing will be burst. If Power Reaper comes out being an amazing burst DPS for Fractals, and multi phase fights, then it will have several uses.

But you can't take those benchmarks seriously. You have to remove chill from the golem, that's what people keep forgetting.Meta classes don't inflict chill, and the power reaper alone can't have 100% uptime, so you loose a dmg modifier.

Actually bm and SR were about the same numbers, but what changed? 5 % more dmg for sr reaper and a ferocity increase for shroud only, which you can only use above 50% lifeforce else you loose the dmg modifier.

But bm also gave 2-3k group DPS buff. So both builds should be equal right now. Maybe 30k, but that still won't get us into raids.

@Kam.4092 said:The damage buffs are great, but people doing tests that don't understand how to do the Conditions and debuffs on golem with the self buffs need to stop. You will always get over inflated numbers. There's a warning for this in the Training Area.

I'd estimated being around 31k-32k DPS after the changes. This would sound great for Power Reaper, but will cripple it in another way. You lose Vampric Presence. This was mediocre group support and DPS, but it was at least something to offer. Having highish DPS when not offering much for the group will keep Power Reaper in a crippled spot. The main thing will be burst. If Power Reaper comes out being an amazing burst DPS for Fractals, and multi phase fights, then it will have several uses.

soul reaping buffs arent that huge. it looks better than it actually is. since your are not 100% in shroud; the 33% crit chance and 300 ferocity do not count when you are not in shroud - which is the majority of the time.and as nimon said, the vampiric presence adds total dps (but only about 1k-1.5k and not 3k) which makes the two traitlines equal-ish.burst-potential with soul reaping however is increased (!!)

dropping berserker stats for valkyrie equals to a net dps loss, since sharpening stones scale with precision. if you are going for minmax (which we are talking about), this is a nono!

i wouldnt be too sure about the 31k-32k dps.old rotations with realistic raid buffs didnt change much in terms of dps. including shroud more often (soul reaping) tends to be a bit more dps compared to pre-patch, but below the 1k dps marker. using my ascended setup without power infusions.

still (haha, a couple of hours after the patch) waiting for someone to show up and enlighten me with some super cool 30k+ dps rotation

@Nimon.7840 said:

I'd estimated being around 33k DPS after the changes. This would sound great for Power Reaper, but will cripple it in another way. You lose Vampric Presence. This was mediocre group support and DPS, but it was at least something to offer. Having highish DPS when not offering much for the group will keep Power Reaper in a crippled spot. The main thing will be burst. If Power Reaper comes out being an amazing burst DPS for Fractals, and multi phase fights, then it will have several uses.

But you can't take those benchmarks seriously. You have to remove chill from the golem, that's what people keep forgetting.Meta classes don't inflict chill, and the power reaper alone can't have 100% uptime, so you loose a dmg modifier.

Actually bm and SR were about the same numbers, but what changed? 5 % more dmg for sr reaper and a ferocity increase for shroud only, which you can only use above 50% lifeforce else you loose the dmg modifier.

But bm also gave 2-3k group DPS buff. So both builds should be equal right now. Maybe 30k, but that still won't get us into raids.

power herald, c renegade, c engi, c holo, (c mirage adds some neglible chill aswell)do chill and are considered meta

Archived