Buffing chill to 50% is probably a mistake for necro

Axl.8924

I know lesser spinal shivers i know i defend necro, but if it hurt before, now it will really hurt and might even kill people instantly.People are definitely going to complain now if they hadn't before.

I heard 10k which is nuts and if has boons going to wreck you fast.

Spinal Shivers: The base damage and bonus damage of this skill have been increased by 50%.

Thats the one i'm talking about

@Axl.8924 said:I know lesser spinal shivers i know i defend necro, but if it hurt before, now it will really hurt and might even kill people instantly.People are definitely going to complain now if they hadn't before.

Spinal Shivers: The base damage and bonus damage of this skill have been increased by 50%.

Ok. I can understand nerfing passive traits while buffing actives.

What I can't understand is people always complaining about necromancer.

If you don't want to get hit by 10k focus 5, just use aegis or don't apply boons to you. That easily solves the problem.

@Nimon.7840 said:

@Nimon.7840 said:just use aegisI'm fairly sure there was a patch at some point that specifically made aegis the prioritized boon to strip first when you use focus 5 because prior to that it could in fact be blocked by aegis.

Before yesterday's patch still every guard just blocked focus 5 with their aegis.You sure it wasn't the focus block or the DH thing? I'm too lazy to log on and test it on the golem. You should totally do it for me.

@Hylo.1968 said:

@Aktium.9506 said:No one actually uses focus on Necro. At least I hope no one actually does.

the only reason to pickup warhorn over focus is aoe daze and close cripple ( amazing on shroud)

in the other hand, focus is 900-1200 range and imho the best option for the 1v1 scenario

It also has nice boon rip for dealing with Warriors, FB, Holo and SB or any class that relies heavily on boons... I've personally never understood WH over focus, you can get swiftness from traits or allies and the daze is questionable by the time you factor in cast times and animation skill effects and the amount of passive stability flying everywhere... I'd even say that WH is only good if you plan on taking the siphon vampiric trait...

Just opinion based on my success with Focus for 6 years in comparison to WH.

@Aktium.9506 said:

@Nimon.7840 said:just use aegisI'm fairly sure there was a patch at some point that specifically made aegis the prioritized boon to strip first when you use focus 5 because prior to that it could in fact be blocked by aegis.

Bountiful theft from thief trait line will steal agis as s priority, assuming boon currupts/rip are the same for all classes

50% more damage on spinal shiver is just more shiny powder thrown into the eyes of the necromancers that say: "Eh! we buff you!"Just like dark pact got plenty of effect added and is still not really used, spinal shiver got damage added and will not really be used. The damage buffs just seem to go in the right direction while in fact they are just plain bad and in unneeded place.

NB: At least nobody can say that it's a PvE buff, nobody in it's right mind would use spinal shiver in PvE.

Yeah, this is a token buff that has no real impact anywhere. If they were to reduce the cast time to a usable level, they would have to either A. Reduce the damage by a large margin on all levels, or B. Reduce the number of boons it corrupts to damage.Even if they did that, focus 4 is still a terrible skill.

@Teratus.2859 said:Ever tried hitting someone with Necro focus skills in pvp?

Those cast times and skill props are so long and obvious even a pvp scub like myself can see them coming and dodge them.

My dodges are gone after trying to dodge through a reapers burst while having a Warrior trying to use his burst ontop of having a thief TRB spam me... If only I had the luxury to face tank it all like yourself and save my precious dodges for this one skill...

What class do you play by chance? is it Warrior Paladin or do you facetank with Mirage Invulns?My PvP life would be much smoother if you could share your build please.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@Aktium.9506 said:No one actually uses focus on Necro. At least I hope no one actually does.

the only reason to pickup warhorn over focus is aoe daze and close cripple ( amazing on shroud)

in the other hand, focus is 900-1200 range and imho the best option for the 1v1 scenario

It also has nice boon rip for dealing with Warriors, FB, Holo and SB or any class that relies heavily on boons... I've personally never understood WH over focus, you can get swiftness from traits or allies and the daze is questionable by the time you factor in cast times and animation skill effects and the amount of passive stability flying everywhere... I'd even say that WH is only good if you plan on taking the siphon vampiric trait...

Just opinion based on my success with Focus for 6 years in comparison to WH.

agree. But outnumbered WH saved me more than once ?unfortunatly WH is the best one to kite away from the fight (swiftness,cripple, almost unpredictible daze) + dazes through walls ??to reduce the disparity of functions, i'd love if anet would make focus 4 aoe

@Nimon.7840 said:

@Axl.8924 said:I know lesser spinal shivers i know i defend necro, but if it hurt before, now it will really hurt and might even kill people instantly.People are definitely going to complain now if they hadn't before.

If you don't want to get hit by 10k focus 5, just use aegis or don't apply boons to you. That easily solves the problem.

Lol?! Do not apply boons and use aegis. Lmao. Wither the skill is op or not your logic is beyond silly.

@otto.5684 said:

Lol?! Do not apply boons and use aegis. Lmao. Wither the skill is op or not your logic is beyond silly.

Let me steal agis of enemy guardian and then use agis on enemy necro.

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

Let me steal agis of enemy guardian and then use agis on enemy necro.

up until you run outta energy.how's teef btw? with the new changes.

@Nimon.7840 said:

Just don't apply boons? Are you high? Literally every meta build passively puts 5+ boons through traits and weapon skills. Some builds straight up relies on boons to function, retal and guardian for example.

@Nimon.7840 said:

I can't think of a single build where this is possible. Also is this skill really hitting 10k on 3-boon targets? I've only heard from a friend that he's hitting 5-6.5ks with it against 3-boon targets and while he's not full zerker, he's definitely running a power-based roaming reaper build.

@Nimon.7840 said:

@"Axl.8924" said:I know lesser spinal shivers i know i defend necro, but if it hurt before, now it will really hurt and might even kill people instantly.People are definitely going to complain now if they hadn't before.

"dont apply boons to you" you realize quite a few autos do just that right? So what am I suppose to do stand there or run away because "boons just kill me" mindset VS necro is a healthy way to play the game? Hint: it's not

Archived