Scorpion Wire needs to be relevant for thief!

gmmg.9210

Adjust how the wire itself tracks a target. Maybe copy and paste the code that governs spectral grasp, or spear of justice, so that the projectile “locks onto” a target. It can function just how it does, maybe with other tweaks, but this is a common sense buff. If I'm looking away from a target and press the ability, it should turn me around to use the ability like say a reverse Bull's Charge (without a knockdown). Of all the lock on abilities why oh why does Scorpion Wire from the dexterous thief have to be under-powered/played? Please make this ability usable. Thematically it makes sense, and the ability is so much fun as it is but simply ineffective.

• 4 weeks later...

I would just be happy with it if they would finally fix the pull so it would actually work, instead of getting caught of every +Z axis poly between me and the target. Its been mechanically broken since the games release, which is a shame, since it has such potential as a isolation utility.

• 1 month later...

Honestly, it's pretty good if traited with Trickery. Gives you two minor cleanses, regardless of hit or miss, and pulls your target towards you, or it removes a stack of their stability which you can follow up with another interrupt.

Is it great at long range? Absolutely not, its horrible, lol. But I've had some success with it in WvW, so the potential is there. All I would do with it is increase the projectile-speed.

Archived