Dungeons

Spiritos.9340

Okay just started playing this game, reached reasonable level for the first dungeon. Go into looking for group, join a group then kicked constantly. Seems high levels just kick the lower levels. Is there special loot drops that these higher levels need or want just for them selves or is it a now a Freemason only club to run these low level dungeons.?

Forget about those dungeons, they are dead, high levels run it for miserable rewards the are forced to farm to make legendary or get couple of dungeon runes, that you can't get elsewhere. They want to have quick run and call it a day. Don't blame them.

Loot in game is personal, anything you do, you get your reward, none can kick you for loot or deny your loot.

there are dungeon groups that are newbie friendly, usually indicated in the description (like chill run, slow/relaxed pace, newbies welcome, etc.)

if it had "p1/2/3blah blah blah EXP" or something to the tune of that, then those groups aren't very welcoming to new people and are primarily looking for a smooth and quick clear, having the tag EXP in the description means experienced/know mechanics, lvl 80s mostly

EDIT: if you can't find one at the hour/time that you are actively playing, try making your own group and state that you wanna do story mode/explorable and are new to the dungeon (you can also include things like "want to watch cutscene", etc. but sometimes you'd still get people who skip everything and that can't be helped outside of politely asking them to reconsider or leave)

I agree with what other people have said - make your own group and say in the description it's your first time or you're new to dungeons or whatever you think is appropriate. That way anyone joining will know what to expect, and you'll probably find you get other new people joining who were too nervous to start a group themselves.

(Incidentally starting the group doesn't make you the leader or carry any requirements that you'll do anything special or different - it literally just means you're the one writing the advert so you get to decide what it says.)

And if anyone does join and then complain that you're not playing the way they expect you can simply remind them that they joined a group for new players (or new to that dungeon) and should have expected that.

@phs.6089 said:Forget about those dungeons, they are dead, high levels run it for miserable rewards the are forced to farm to make legendary or get couple of dungeon runes, that you can't get elsewhere. They want to have quick run and call it a day. Don't blame them.

Loot in game is personal, anything you do, you get your reward, none can kick you for loot or deny your loot.

Farm? =_=

Only need 500 for a legendary(also for Nightfury). That can be obtained through 5 runs over 2 days.

As someone who's played since day one (just on and off), I don't understand why people are so kick-happy in core dungeons. Power creep lets us burn through them ridiculously quick even with 3 or 4 players. Having people below level 80 in the run really isn't a big deal.

I don't think I've ever kicked someone unless they were being a jerk, or just literally always dead. I don't care if you die or go down a few times; kitten happens, especially when you're learning. Really isn't a big deal unless you're doing effectively nothing to help the group, I.E. dead most of the run and not trying to figure things out.

@Emberstone.2904 said:As someone who's played since day one (just on and off), I don't understand why people are so kick-happy in core dungeons. Power creep lets us burn through them ridiculously quick even with 3 or 4 players. Having people below level 80 in the run really isn't a big deal.

I don't think I've ever kicked someone unless they were being a jerk, or just literally always dead. I don't care if you die or go down a few times; kitten happens, especially when you're learning. Really isn't a big deal unless you're doing effectively nothing to help the group, I.E. dead most of the run and not trying to figure things out.

I ran dungeons more or less regularly, and I always ask for '80 exp'. Still from now and then some noobs join and it's horrible. It takes about 3 times as long, usually we start to just ignore them be cause they can't find the way, they die constantly, aggro everything etc. If you did the dungeon hundreds of times, you aren't eager to do it in 30mins instead of 10mins.

Eh, it also happened to me and my friend. When we were at lv40-50 (more or less, can't remember) we tried to join a dungeon (Caudecus). We were both new in game, so why don't explore some content that the game offers? As we joined we said "we are both noobs"; we played few minutes, then everyone quit :/ Apparently our level was really too low :)Then we never touched any dungeon until we reached lv80 and we did them all in duo in story mode. Don't give up OP!

@Spiritos.9340 said:Okay just started playing this game, reached reasonable level for the first dungeon. Go into looking for group, join a group then kicked constantly. Seems high levels just kick the lower levels. Is there special loot drops that these higher levels need or want just for them selves or is it a now a Freemason only club to run these low level dungeons.?

I assume your are talking about Ascalonian Catacombs right now, if u need the story, pm me - I can run you through... Then I can organize a run for path or 2 if u want...It is not much of a problem.. Im on always past 8pm utc +1.

And just ignore the lfgs and ppl who want 80s/exp - they want to speed clear and are not interested in helping newbies.

IGN for EU. - Saissa Nightblink / Azaya Nightblink.Cheers.

@ProtoGunner.4953 said:

@Emberstone.2904 said:As someone who's played since day one (just on and off), I don't understand why people are so kick-happy in core dungeons. Power creep lets us burn through them ridiculously quick even with 3 or 4 players. Having people below level 80 in the run really isn't a big deal.

I ran dungeons more or less regularly, and I always ask for '80 exp'. Still from now and then some noobs join and it's horrible. It takes about 3 times as long, usually we start to just ignore them be cause they can't find the way, they die constantly, aggro everything etc. If you did the dungeon hundreds of times, you aren't eager to do it in 30mins instead of 10mins.

...how is it taking you 30 minutes? it took us 45 minutes to do all of CoE paths with 3 people, even if we would have had a lower level person in the dungeon it wouldnt have mattered. AC with 3 80s and 2 level 35s is still cheese.

@Dante.1763 said:

...how is it taking you 30 minutes? it took us 45 minutes to do all of CoE paths with
people, even if we would have had a lower level person in the dungeon it wouldnt have mattered. AC with 3 80s and 2 level 35s is still cheese.

Yeah, I have to to specify it: there is a balance: if you are the only 'good' one, then it takes ages (I am not a solo dungeon runner). With three ppl, it's no problem. Usually the random non 80 exp. composition consists of 1-2 half-baked newish players, 1-2 lowies with zero experience and maybe 1-2 experienced. Then it may take ages.

@ProtoGunner.4953 said:

...how is it taking you 30 minutes? it took us 45 minutes to do all of CoE paths with
people, even if we would have had a lower level person in the dungeon it wouldnt have mattered. AC with 3 80s and 2 level 35s is still cheese.

Yeah, I have to to specify it: there is a balance: if you are the only 'good' one, then it takes ages (I am not a solo dungeon runner). With three ppl, it's no problem. Usually the random non 80 exp. composition consists of 1-2 half-baked newish players, 1-2 lowies with zero experience and maybe 1-2 experienced. Then it may take ages.

Ah, gotcha okay that makes alot of sense and i can certainly agree with that!

I do dungeons daily and never struggle to find a group for at least 5 paths.I am lvl 80, but getting there and joining dungeons at lvl 80 does not take long.

Also, I see ppl offering to teach dungeons/welcome new players/doing a relaxed run etc almost every day.

Even when you just hit the minimum lvl requirement for a dungeon, open up a group on lfg and just look for ppl :)

Archived