Raid LFG Need New Tab For Seller!! — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Raid LFG Need New Tab For Seller!!

Hi;

Everyday same guild/ppl use raid lfg tab for selling!.. so ppl cannt find squad easy for they raid bosses.. if Anet cannt blocked seller, need new tab on Raid LFG for seller!..

Thx!..

Comments

• sigur.9453sigur.9453 Member ✭✭✭

type "-sell" in the filter for a quick fix.
    but yeah, would harm/hurt anyone i guess. wouldn´t be my top priority though.

• yann.1946yann.1946 Member ✭✭✭

@sigur.9453 said:
    type "-sell" in the filter for a quick fix.
    but yeah, would harm/hurt anyone i guess. wouldn´t be my top priority though.

It would make selling more legitimate then it is now so I feel that it would cause some problems for anet

• Selling is allowed, it's players helping other players and getting a donation for it, just like portaling to jumping puzzles is allowed, or whatever else it might be. I agree though, make the "looking for group" part of raid lfg squadfriendly (the one that currently requires you to be in party only), and post recruitments, sellings, cleared wings, etc etc in there. Sincerely raidseller.

• Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 29, 2018

Or they can just ban all raid selling posts that are simply advertisements which is likely all of them.

What we’re seeing with raids is not the same as when people sold Arah paths.

• A sell tab would be awesome or ban sellers. Its kinda dumb that you cant sell pvp but can pve. If anything pvp is probably harder to carry. There is no difference in my eyes. Either way the buyer is not doing the content as intended.

• Eramonster.2718Eramonster.2718 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 4, 2018

Here we go, again :expressionless:.

Gaile Gray.6029 said:
    ... In summary, the buying and selling of runs is acceptable, but ArenaNet does not officially support buyers or sellers. Buying or selling of runs is done at your own risk.

Source https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/28073/buying-and-selling-runs/p1

There's a difference between "buying and selling" with "donations". There are plenty of incidents with donations in real-life and in-game. (Eg. Players got banned for receiving gold donations). Not a pleasant experience for sure, and sorry for bringing it up.

• @Magnus Godrik.5841 said:
    A sell tab would be awesome or ban sellers. Its kinda dumb that you cant sell pvp but can pve. If anything pvp is probably harder to carry. There is no difference in my eyes. Either way the buyer is not doing the content as intended.

You cannot sell pvp because it is a competition and this would give you unfair advantage

• thrag.9740thrag.9740 Member ✭✭✭

@arsleo.7813 said:
    Hi;

Everyday same guild/ppl use raid lfg tab for selling!.. so ppl cannt find squad easy for they raid bosses.. if Anet cannt blocked seller, need new tab on Raid LFG for seller!..

Thx!..

Anet can block seller, Anet does not want to because Anet thinks it should be allowed but not officially endorsed. I.e. Putting an official seller tab in the LFG would endorse it, and so they would need to provide support for people who get scammed or are generally unsatisfied with their purchase. As is, we have the freedom to take a risk and try buying a raid (note, its not risky if you buy from well known sell guilds).

As was pointed out, simply typing "-sell" in the lfg search will fix your problems.

• phs.6089phs.6089 Member ✭✭✭✭

@arsleo.7813 said:
    Hi;

Thx!..

lmao, no, no, BL Trading Post need one. So raid sellers would pay fees as well.

I dream of elves in GW2.

• yann.1946yann.1946 Member ✭✭✭

@phs.6089 said:

@arsleo.7813 said:
    Hi;

Thx!..

lmao, no, no, BL Trading Post need one. So raid sellers would pay fees as well.

Wouldn't it just make the service more expensive then?

• @ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:

@Magnus Godrik.5841 said:
    A sell tab would be awesome or ban sellers. Its kinda dumb that you cant sell pvp but can pve. If anything pvp is probably harder to carry. There is no difference in my eyes. Either way the buyer is not doing the content as intended.

You cannot sell pvp because it is a competition and this would give you unfair advantage

Unfair to who. It would be a 4v5 in the other teams favor.

• @Magnus Godrik.5841 said:

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:

@Magnus Godrik.5841 said:

Unfair to who. It would be a 4v5 in the other teams favor.

But in future you will be in other game with other players. But your team would have dissadvantage because they would have player of lower skill, since you bought the rank and didnt earn it. In raids it is ok because player can be kicked if he is bad

• I see a lot of people here who join my LFG when its 9/10 and leave instantly so it closes. Put a -sell in the search bar instead of making everyones day miserable.

• Icetx.6403Icetx.6403 Member
    edited December 8, 2018

It's unnecessary clutter ... please create separate tab if it can't be removed entirely. :/

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.