Raid LFG Need New Tab For Seller!!

Arslan.6823

Selling is allowed, it's players helping other players and getting a donation for it, just like portaling to jumping puzzles is allowed, or whatever else it might be. I agree though, make the "looking for group" part of raid lfg squadfriendly (the one that currently requires you to be in party only), and post recruitments, sellings, cleared wings, etc etc in there. Sincerely raidseller.

Here we go, again :expressionless:.

Gaile Gray.6029 said:...... In summary, the buying and selling of runs is acceptable, but ArenaNet does not officially support buyers or sellers. Buying or selling of runs is done at your own risk.

Source https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/28073/buying-and-selling-runs/p1

There's a difference between "buying and selling" with "donations". There are plenty of incidents with donations in real-life and in-game. (Eg. Players got banned for receiving gold donations). Not a pleasant experience for sure, and sorry for bringing it up.

@Magnus Godrik.5841 said:A sell tab would be awesome or ban sellers. Its kinda dumb that you cant sell pvp but can pve. If anything pvp is probably harder to carry. There is no difference in my eyes. Either way the buyer is not doing the content as intended.

You cannot sell pvp because it is a competition and this would give you unfair advantage

@"arsleo.7813" said:Hi;

Everyday same guild/ppl use raid lfg tab for selling!.. so ppl cannt find squad easy for they raid bosses.. if Anet cannt blocked seller, need new tab on Raid LFG for seller!..

Thx!..

Anet can block seller, Anet does not want to because Anet thinks it should be allowed but not officially endorsed. I.e. Putting an official seller tab in the LFG would endorse it, and so they would need to provide support for people who get scammed or are generally unsatisfied with their purchase. As is, we have the freedom to take a risk and try buying a raid (note, its not risky if you buy from well known sell guilds).

As was pointed out, simply typing "-sell" in the lfg search will fix your problems.

@phs.6089 said:

@arsleo.7813 said:Hi;

Everyday same guild/ppl use raid lfg tab for selling!.. so ppl cannt find squad easy for they raid bosses.. if Anet cannt blocked seller, need new tab on Raid LFG for seller!..

Thx!..

lmao, no, no, BL Trading Post need one. So raid sellers would pay fees as well.

Wouldn't it just make the service more expensive then?

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:

@Magnus Godrik.5841 said:A sell tab would be awesome or ban sellers. Its kinda dumb that you cant sell pvp but can pve. If anything pvp is probably harder to carry. There is no difference in my eyes. Either way the buyer is not doing the content as intended.

You cannot sell pvp because it is a competition and this would give you unfair advantage

Unfair to who. It would be a 4v5 in the other teams favor.

@Magnus Godrik.5841 said:

Unfair to who. It would be a 4v5 in the other teams favor.

But in future you will be in other game with other players. But your team would have dissadvantage because they would have player of lower skill, since you bought the rank and didnt earn it. In raids it is ok because player can be kicked if he is bad

@Talindra.4958 said:

@"sigur.9453" said:type "-sell" in the filter for a quick fix.but yeah, would harm/hurt anyone i guess. wouldn´t be my top priority though.

This.-sellIt filters all selling lfm out

sadly it dont always work sellers want to be seen and use ë or é or or the wierd number presses to make it look like a e so you still see them.

@Linken.6345 said:

@"sigur.9453" said:type "-sell" in the filter for a quick fix.but yeah, would harm/hurt anyone i guess. wouldn´t be my top priority though.

sadly it dont always work sellers want to be seen and use ë or é or or the wierd number presses to make it look like a e so you still see them.

:lol: Then they're aftering the wrong target market or fail to comprehend players that type '-sell' knows what it is and shows no interest for it.

@Linken.6345 said:

I have never seen seller do that. There only few sellers in EUMind you. I find it annoying too as I pug raid but -sell does the job

@Talindra.4958 said:

I have never seen seller do that. There only few sellers in EU

they do on EU aswell. but as @"Eramonster.2718" said, i don´t know how sellers would think that would be usefull in anyway. "oh no, they outsmarted my filter, now i will buy a kill".

It probably comes down to the gray area raid selling is in. Implementing an actual tab would come close to openly acknowledging it. Thus it is tolerated as something which they don't particularly like and never intended to happen but won't bother going crazy over as it does not involve RTM. Which means it is unlikely we will ever see a "raid selling tab" as you certainly do not support anything that you only tolerate.

• 2 weeks later...

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:

Very wrong, you can sell anything in PvP as long as you don't account share, wintrade, or real money trade in the process. Same goes for anything in the game, if you don't break the few rules about selling things, you can sell anything.

Archived