beetle racing: WAIT WHAT?

Ayakaru.6583

Germany and France are legible for the participation in the trophy rewards,but the rest of europe isn't? this has to be a typo, right?what legislation is different in the netherlands, belgium, spain, etc, from these two?

Well, I live in the part of netherlands with a german heritage, so I identify as a german when the lots are drawn :D

The reason that some countries are excluded in the sweepstake is due to laws... In the case of the Dutch (I am among): According to Dutch law, an individual may not receive more than 2,500 Euros in total prizes. And the total amount of prizes for an entire promotion prize pool cannot exceed 100,000 Euros.

The sweepstake has prizes incl Buggy Tour > Estimated ARV: $10,000USD. And they don't even mention the value of winning the car but I assume its not low either so the total prize pool may actually exceed the 100,000 Euro's. I do not know what the currency rate is of USD to Euro atm tho. Next to that you will have to add taxes to import i.e the car.

As for the heritage, where I live it has been French, Spanish, German, Roman territory in past. This won't make any change as in current state we are Dutch by law :P (p.s. Germans living in Netherlands on paper are also excluded in this sweepstake).

Bottom line: Anet is in its right to exclude these countries, NL included.

@Aaralyna.3104 said:The reason that some countries are excluded in the sweepstake is due to laws... In the case of the Dutch (I am among): According to Dutch law, an individual may not receive more than 2,500 Euros in total prizes. And the total amount of prizes for an entire promotion prize pool cannot exceed 100,000 Euros.

The sweepstake has prizes incl Buggy Tour > Estimated ARV: $10,000USD. And they don't even mention the value of winning the car but I assume its not low either so the total prize pool may actually exceed the 100,000 Euro's. I do not know what the currency rate is of USD to Euro atm tho. Next to that you will have to add taxes to import i.e the car.

As for the heritage, where I live it has been French, Spanish, German, Roman territory in past. This won't make any change as in current state we are Dutch by law :P (p.s. Germans living in Netherlands on paper are also excluded in this sweepstake).

That makes sense, i guess.Didn't know about the 2500 prize max.But then we should be able to join the roll for the computer. A powerhouse gaming pc costs a bit over a 1000, 1500 if you go fancy

@Aaralyna.3104 said:The reason that some countries are excluded in the sweepstake is due to laws... In the case of the Dutch (I am among): According to Dutch law, an individual may not receive more than 2,500 Euros in total prizes. And the total amount of prizes for an entire promotion prize pool cannot exceed 100,000 Euros.

Car has a starting price of $20,895 USD according to VW's website and that is before a bunch of other stuff that is going to increase the price further.

Ahh thanks Inculpatus, I couldn't find that one on the site.

Ayakuru, the pc wasn't that cheap either. But then still the total prize pool value remains above Dutch max as you have to count up all prizes given out during the promo :)

We cannot change this sweepstake's availability, neither can Anet as they have to go by individual country laws (even regional ones). I don't even blame them. We should just be gratefull that some players are able to win such valuable prices, and that anyone outside of those countries got the free living world episode (for ones that didn't log, its still worth 200 gem) and the new race tracks with its in game rewards. If you want to complain it has to be against your countries government :P

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Ayakaru.6583 said:Germany and France are legible for the participation in the trophy rewards,but the rest of europe isn't?

Who said so? Please read the news that listed all eligible countries. Mine is in there, and it's neither Germany nor France. ;)

Austria, Canada (excluding the Province of Quebec), Finland, France, Germany, New Zealand, Norway, Russia, Switzerland, the United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) and the 50 United States (including the District of Columbia and Puerto

Austria and switzerland, okay, nitpicking there

@jbrother.1340 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Europe must be shrinking, then? Lost UK....

we're getting there ;)

The UK can’t opt out of the continent.

It is not even attached to the continent :)

It most definitely is .. the connection just happens to be underwater ;)

I am quite impressed though that they are willing to ship the car to Europe as part of the prize. (Although I'm guessing import taxes and other stuff may make the cash alternative a better option) :

• Grand Prize vehicle will be delivered to winner at address provided by winner during notification process, within three months of winner confirmation (unless otherwise agreed to in writing by Sponsor) – delivery outside the continental United States of America will increase delivery timeframe.

@Vallune.8150 said:

we're getting there ;)

I am quite impressed though that they are willing to ship the car to Europe as part of the prize. (Although I'm guessing import taxes and other stuff may make the cash alternative a better option) :
  • Grand Prize vehicle will be delivered to winner at address provided by winner during notification process, within three months of winner confirmation (unless otherwise agreed to in writing by Sponsor) – delivery outside the continental United States of America will increase delivery timeframe.

lordy lol... give me a break you can split hairs all you like but in reality we are all just floating :)

Magma trumps all, unless you want to get subatomic about it :)

Would take the cash :)

@jbrother.1340 said:

we're getting there ;)

lordy lol... give me a break you can split hairs all you like but in reality we are all just floating :)

If you go subatomic then nothing is really connected....

Either way, that what youre calling splitting hairs, is the obvious mistake of defining being part of the EU the same as being part of Europe.

No wonder Europe is shrinking if the definition changes that dramatically.

@FrizzFreston.5290 said:

we're getting there ;)

Either way, that what youre calling splitting hairs, is the obvious mistake of defining being part of the EU the same as being part of Europe.

I guess I should use a sarcasm tag or something because it really is and you are just sucking it up :)

They are also bailing out of the union so... Lines in the sand what can you say. I like em all anyway. Humans are ok with me. Even if they live on fake islands :)

Either way it is none of my concern.

The subatomic is where all the action is at these days. The best parties and all the chicks.

@jbrother.1340 said:

we're getting there ;)

I guess I should use a sarcasm tag or something because it really is and you are just sucking it up :)

They are also bailing out of the union so... Lines in the sand what can you say. I like em all anyway. Humans are ok with me. Even if they live on fake islands :)

Either way it is none of my concern.

The subatomic is where all the action is at these days. The best parties and all the chicks.

I am just pointing out the difference either way, before it gets sillier. Definitions are serious business.

Archived