Lizard mount that could climb walls for energy ?

Aodlop.1907

You don't see an use for it because there are no mounts that make such an ability useful yet.But just imagine if they designed a huge underground map with caves and such, and only your lizard/spider mount could climb the walls to dodge obstacles.I made a magnificent drawing to illustrate my point : http://sketchtoy.com/68821680 ;)You could have it become invisible, chameleon-style.

@Aodlop.1907 said:

@LucianDK.8615 said:Springer and gryphon makes such a mount irrelevant.

That's why I designed a low ceiling and spikes on my drawing. It would prevent the gryphon from flying too high and gliding too far. You can easily design an underground map that'd make the gryphon awkward and not useful and it can be outdoor.

that just sounds incredibly unfun to me, making two mounts useless so one is forced when theres no need is bad design.

They had a spider initially if you listened to the dev's talk about the mounts at the start of PoF. They found the spider aesthetics off-putting and it was more they didn't want to creep people out with them as mounts. That in no way means they can't come back with a spider in a LS like the beetle, though a gecko isn't a bad alternative. We already have jungle, so it wouldn't be out of bounds to go this route.

@Aodlop.1907 said:Well, technically, all mounts are useless when water is involved, except one. And the springer map was designed to have lots of high walls you can only pass using this specific mount. So what's the matter ?

But there are other ways to get around. Ive gotten around the springer map just fine on my raptor and gryphon, hell you can use the skimmer to get over some of those walls if you are so inclined. Im just against forcing every other mount to be useless so that a mount has a purpose(the skimmer is the exception at the moment, but i wouldnt mind have an underwater mount so you could decide to travel above, or below the water). The Skimmer is useful for more than water, the springer is useful for more than high jumps, the Jackal can be used as an alternative to the raptor and you can still get around just as fast(Plus its portals), and you have the beetle as well which allows for the fastest possible means of travel over flat surfaces. The gryphon and the springer can be used to jump up walls normally not accessible.

Your proposed mount would lock two mounts out of being used just so that it can have a purpose, because if you dont lock two mounts out of being used it would be just another mount that allows access to high places, which we dont need as we already have two, as i said in my original post, id rather they just keep updating the current mounts with new abilities.

It's only a theory, but i felt like the Druid's Touch was a leftover from the scrapped spider mount.It would be nice to have no energy on it, but instead 2 shots.One to get attached to any surface, and then another shot either after which you must drop, or straight to a landing surface

Seems like a nice idea. But it's usage would be quite limited. It might work for maps like draconis mons or a similar new map. But being limited would no necessarily be a bad thing. They said, they could only implement the beetle because it was limited and not an upgrade to the existing mounts making them obsolete. I think to be an actual alternative it would need the ability to walk upside down over ceiling or ledges.

As far as mount ideas go, I had two things in mind. One thing that could work might be mount with an invisibility skill. This could give all classes access to invis. Furthermore, with mounts being pve only there would be no negative side effects from it.Another thing I had in mind would be a mount with a long range attack. There was this mission in gw1 where you could use a siege devourere which would bombard enemies. Or the mission where you would mount a junundu. Might be an interesting design, a mount were attacking would not end the mounting. But it might need some balance, like having a second attack that would turn you stationary but give you long range skills.Both mechanics might add to our existing mounts without overpowering the old ones.

We just need an underwater mount, then all functions are used. Swim infusions isn't the solution. We need a jellyfish or a sea scorpion or shark..... that allow you to move fastly underwater, with a special skill bringing you to the surface. Dunno or the ability to use water streams like an underwater ley-lines network.

Well I'm pretty sure in one of the videos they hinted at one more mount coming this season. So who knows. Now that Kralk is some cross-dimensional being I don't know what mount they could add or where we will go that it will fit the theme. I'd personally love a spider mount. And they could either add an underwater mount or add additional functionality to a lot of the existing mounts.

I was hoping we would explore Deldrimor and some old dwarven ruins/underground stuff which would make the spider make sense.

Archived